Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    OK so tell me benefits of grouping before 90 that dont slow you down?
    Fun.

I'd love to keep the short answers going, but honestly.. the game was designed with zones maintaining a certain population. Those populations dropped for whatever reason as the years went by. CRZ is a way, a good way, to fix that. Group quests were axed before CRZ was a thing, for the sake of convenience.

This is an MMO. The world isn't supposed to be empty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Fun. This is an MMO. The world isn't supposed to be empty.
    You still miss the answer why pandaria and SW/OG wasnt included into crz if it is so fun...
    (or why there are servers without crz...)

Still doesn't change the fact that with CRZ, your server is still empty,the sight of people brought by CRZ is just an illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You still miss the answer why pandaria and SW/OG wasnt included into crz if it is so fun...
    (or why there are servers without crz...)
    Who knows? I don't have all the answers.

If you don't like having other people in the world with you, maybe you're playing the wrong kind of game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that with CRZ, your server is still empty,the sight of people brought by CRZ is just an illusion
    This is just silly. There's nothing stopping you from interacting with and even adding new people to your friends list. I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but I guess I just disagree.

The world wasnt empty because of the players it was empty because Blizzard designed it that way. You blow through zones so fast with 50% bonus exp from Heirlooms and Guild perks along with increased quest Exp. If Blizzard wanted people to group they would have made the game more like Everquest where it was impossible to level unless you were grouped. If you really think groups are necessary while questing we must not be playing the same game. Also Im sure Blizzad had CRZs planned way before we knew about them and before MoP launched. They could have easily added a lot of group quests when MoP launched in the old zones so people could benefit from CRZs but they didnt. That proves they dont care whether people group or not and they provide no incentives to do so.

Deleted
    This is just silly. There's nothing stopping you from interacting with and even adding new people to your friends list.
    You dont play the game anymore do you? Try to trade with your crz buddies and you realize crz is just for show...
    And I never stated that I dont like to play with people I just dont like crz wich is complete useless...

If you really think groups are necessary while questing we must not be playing the same game.
    I didn't say that. Anyway, I'm gonna go eat. Maybe use CRZ to make some new friends? You could even explore some World PvP! I know I love some World PvP.

Have a nice day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think CRZs was added with anything BUT the realm merging in mind- They had to shut down the fishing contest, re-do spawn rates for mobs/ores, "normalize" time zones, and they STILL haven't fixed numerous bugs with CRZ. (For instance, in a 2 person mount, the second gets dismounted EVERY time you cross a zone.) Meanwhile, UNUSED server zones are out with only hackers in them, farming essentially an entire zone to themselves. (Duping Riens of Posiedus? No need, just hack into your own Vash server, and you can farm the 6 hour spawntime horse whenever you please, no competition.) Forget getting a realm together to down a city boss- 3 40 man raid groups, go into TB CRZ A, B, and C, and get torn apart by the hundred of hordes sitting in the zone.

Yea.. Sure, CRZ gave small realms a "larger" feel to them, but with NONE of the benefits of being a larger realm. Actually MERGING small realms together would have accomplished the larger feel, boost up the dead economies, and provided a much larger player pool to actually raid (Can't raid with CRZ ppl, no sir), or PvP (Can't arena with CRZ ppl, although i guess you CAN RBG). Instead, dead economies become worse at the non-pandaria levels, rares are constantly contested/griefed (Hello MR. Warrior who kills Loque whenever its up for lulz, or waits for a hunter to start taming and boom, one shot), and, pvp realms, lowbies from MANY servers are ganked by a SINGLE douche, who runs away into another zone, and proceeds to gank lowbies there, runs, ganks, runs.

Sooo, yea, imo, CRZ was NOT well thought out by blizzard at all. The same amount of thought went into CRZs as did Real ID on the forums, except there wasn't danger to blizzard employees this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I dont think CRZs was added with anything BUT the realm merging in mind- They had to shut down the fishing contest, re-do spawn rates for mobs/ores, "normalize" time zones, and they STILL haven't fixed numerous bugs with CRZ. (For instance, in a 2 person mount, the second gets dismounted EVERY time you cross a zone.) Meanwhile, UNUSED server zones are out with only hackers in them, farming essentially an entire zone to themselves. (Duping Riens of Posiedus? No need, just hack into your own Vash server, and you can farm the 6 hour spawntime horse whenever you please, no competition.) Forget getting a realm together to down a city boss- 3 40 man raid groups, go into TB CRZ A, B, and C, and get torn apart by the hundred of hordes sitting in the zone.

Yea.. Sure, CRZ gave small realms a "larger" feel to them, but with NONE of the benefits of being a larger realm. Actually MERGING small realms together would have accomplished the larger feel, boost up the dead economies, and provided a much larger player pool to actually raid (Can't raid with CRZ ppl, no sir), or PvP (Can't arena with CRZ ppl, although i guess you CAN RBG). Instead, dead economies become worse at the non-pandaria levels, rares are constantly contested/griefed (Hello MR. Warrior who kills Loque whenever its up for lulz, or waits for a hunter to start taming and boom, one shot), and, pvp realms, lowbies from MANY servers are ganked by a SINGLE douche, who runs away into another zone, and proceeds to gank lowbies there, runs, ganks, runs.

Sooo, yea, imo, CRZ was NOT well thought out by blizzard at all. The same amount of thought went into CRZs as did Real ID on the forums, except there wasn't danger to blizzard employees this time around.
    Eeeeeh... I can dig it. Alright. Good point.
    I'm just a bit bias, I guess, since I enjoyed having people my level to kill for once.

Fun.

I personally don't agree with the generic answer, it's a MMO, that means there is suppose to be 500 people around you at all times. That would imply that at any time a game, say rift fails to maintain whatever number someone has in their head it should be turned off because there isn't enough people to count as a MMO.

I still contend, if it was really that important to be surronded by people, that because it's a MMO, ever server needs to be the size of Illidan-US, then the only correct answer is to merge servers. The OP's point is still correct. CRZ on a PVE realms adds absolutely nothing for a normal person. All it has done for people like me, who are committed enough to the grind is give up on leveling another alt, because I'm tired of standing in line trying to kill something. Your answer is to group up. MY response, every case of grouping up lead to the other person(s) wanting to go quest somewhere else, taking a million afk breaks and just about every other annoyance that goes with grouping up.

When I read people complain that the "world is lonely" I just can't help but laugh. If you're lonely plaing a video game, go outside an meet people. Don't make video games your only social interaction

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as an RPer, CRZs have been an absolute bane of my existence since practically every off-server person merged into mine through it has been a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    CRZ are a logical step in phasing evolution. Plus with hardware phasing out you get constant realm merging on a server basis, and you have the popularity and quality of VMs in the server world. The former always happens, given time, but works very well with the latter. The latter works very well with CRZ scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    CRZ was Blizz's answer to people calling for outright realm mergers. In this way they managed to ensure everyone has a chance to see people in the world to conduct WPvP, group questing, and even killing the 5-man rares Blizz loves now.
    Sort of, but not quite. CRZ allows dynamic merging, and works on specific zones, also allows fine tuning. CRZ allows linking and unlinking where Blizzard sees fit, too.

Example: If realm A merges with realm B and Alice is leveling on realm A and Charlie is leveling on realm C they won't be able to play together, but if all 3 realms were in CRZ they could. If Blizzard wants to include realm D to the pool but remove realm B, then that'd be entirely possible at their own discretion, and Bob wouldn't be able to complain since "the realms were just merged in CRZ, but not really ever completely merged."

If CRZ was solely designed for low-pop realms, then why is it active on various high-pop realms? OK, you can say it was only designed for low-pop realms but implemented on all realms including high-pop realms. I suppose that's accurate. So I'm not buying that, and my example proves pretty much it can be useful even on a high pop server if there's just nobody on your starting zone. Aside from above low-pop realm solution, I believe CRZ was, together with no fly mount in Pandaria, added to increase world PvP.

The next step, and Blizz is already hinting at it, is to apply CRZ to the Auction House, so dead servers no longer have a dead AH.
    Low pop economy have gotten the short stick of CRZ; they compete more for resources, but the demand is still as shitty as it was. CRZ is allows a very much dynamic nature of links, but you cannot dynamically link AHs together in the same sense you can change the dynamic nature of them. The linking would be pretty much permanent (static) and not reversible. Now, while my research is limited, I have yet to find relinking in CRZ; that is to say thus far the linking appears to be static in terms of which realms are linked to each other.

Probably not in WoW, but in Titan or WoW2, you'll see server being a choice of RP, RPPvP, PvP, PvE. There will be named servers on Blizz's end, but all servers of a single type will be linked by CRZ technology.
    In my experience the RP on RP realms is pretty much dead.

As for the other 2 opposites of the compass, I wish to see a more hybrid type of realm. A shade of grey in between the black of PvP and the white of PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    In my experience the RP on RP realms is pretty much dead.
    Obviously you haven't experienced much RP, then.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Except no one has yet said any benefits. This isnt classic Everquest where it was impossible for classes to solo and grouping was required. Questing is laughable. There is no reason to need more people in zones. What exactly does having more people in zones accomplish? I just hope CRZs were made with something else in mind like zone wide events. I mean who wouldnt want those? Sure would take away the boredom of kill X and collect Y then go to Z and turn them in.
    It adds atmosphere to the game when other people are around. Why not just remove non-vendor and non-quest NPCs? Or most critters? For many people (myself included), the "magic" of an MMO is that you are in a live world.

Other people add unpredictability. Will that player help me or hinder me? Maybe we will team up together.
    It's kind of like background sound effects. You may not consciously think about them, but you notice when they are gone. Same goes for other players.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    It adds atmosphere to the game when other people are around. Why not just remove non-vendor and non-quest NPCs? Or most critters? For many people (myself included), the "magic" of an MMO is that you are in a live world.

Other people add unpredictability. Will that player help me or hinder me? Maybe we will team up together.
    It's kind of like background sound effects. You may not consciously think about them, but you notice when they are gone. Same goes for other players.
    If by 'atmosphere' you mean 'making questing and resource farming a hassle and mixing in random trolls with the server' then yes, it adds plenty of 'atmosphere'. CRZ is an awful addition to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If by 'atmosphere' you mean 'making questing and resource farming a hassle and mixing in random trolls with the server' then yes, it adds plenty of 'atmosphere'. CRZ is an awful addition to the game.
    I've leveled multiple characters since CRZ and experienced none of those things out of the ordinary.
    Maybe after 8 years of playing I'm just used to competing for game resources.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Speaking as an RPer, CRZs have been an absolute bane of my existence since practically every off-server person merged into mine through it has been a troll.
    From what I've gathered (see my link above; data is EU only), RP-PvE realms are only linked to RP-PvE realms, and RP-PvP realms are only linked to RP-PvP realms.

Since I've quit the game (or am on a long-term break only possibly returning as casual) I guess I can safely disclose these "RP" CRZ are a great source for rare hunting. You will have a lot of less players to compete compared to a high pop server or average CRZ. This was the reason why I started my research in CRZs in the first place. And I know I am not alone, because I've had various whispers from low level characters who tried to gather information as well (sorry for RPing it off like a true warlock bitch, haha).

To give one small example, Pandaria-wise, I gathered various of the 2 new pets which drop from rares and which can be sold on any AH. Due to their nature, battle pets are already linked by region. Small explanation: you can put the pet you caught in a cage on any realm. Now, I wasn't the only one with this idea, but the rogue who was my competitor wasn't particularly skilled enough to either kill nor wipe my freshly dinged warlock. I sold them on high pop realm like hot cakes, but I admit there wasn't much g/hour into this (don't remember the exact numbers tho) so I abandoned farming them. Of course, with something like Hozen Peace Pipe it doesn't work, and mounts are account-wide but cannot be sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    From what I've gathered (see my link above; data is EU only), RP-PvE realms are only linked to RP-PvE realms, and RP-PvP realms are only linked to RP-PvP realms.

Since I've quit the game (or am on a long-term break only possibly returning as casual) I guess I can safely disclose these "RP" CRZ are a great source for rare hunting. You will have a lot of less players to compete compared to a high pop server or average CRZ. This was the reason why I started my research in CRZs in the first place. And I know I am not alone, because I've had various whispers from low level characters who tried to gather information as well (sorry for RPing it off like a true warlock bitch, haha).

To give one small example, Pandaria-wise, I gathered various of the 2 new pets which drop from rares and which can be sold on any AH. Due to their nature, battle pets are already linked by region. Small explanation: you can put the pet you caught in a cage on any realm. Now, I wasn't the only one with this idea, but the rogue who was my competitor wasn't particularly skilled enough to either kill nor wipe my freshly dinged warlock. I sold them on high pop realm like hot cakes, but I admit there wasn't much g/hour into this (don't remember the exact numbers tho) so I abandoned farming them. Of course, with something like Hozen Peace Pipe it doesn't work, and mounts are account-wide but cannot be sold.
    Ignoring the fact that not every 'RP' realm actually has active RP, more often than not (in fact, there has never once been a case to the contrary in my experience) it pulls non-RPing trolls from the other 'RP' servers which disrupt events, to the point where we have had to stop RP to relocate because Blizzard ignores tickets as regards trolling of roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    and, pvp realms, lowbies from MANY servers are ganked by a SINGLE douche, who runs away into another zone, and proceeds to gank lowbies there, runs, ganks, runs.
    BRB x-ferring to PvP realm. Sounds like fun.

Deleted
    Ignoring the fact that not every 'RP' realm actually has active RP, more often than not (in fact, there has never once been a case to the contrary in my experience) it pulls non-RPing trolls from the other 'RP' servers which disrupt events, to the point where we have had to stop RP to relocate because Blizzard ignores tickets as regards trolling of roleplay.
    What does 'it' refer to?