Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Sylvanas Fight Alongside Garrosh?

While she may not like him, the Forsaken have gained much more support under Garrosh's leadership and other than the plague issue was given free reign to do what they wanted.

Why would Sylvanas join with Vol'jin and Baine. Both would likely be more critical of her actions

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me Mr Cheesewolf, but if Varian had used Gilnaeans as cannon fodder for his war, would you be happy about it?

So no, she knows what Garrosh is capable of, and would gladly use her own people (who she herself is using) as an undead meat shield, it gives her no reason to follow along.

Its a case of "This is my meat shield, get your own you brown skinned twerp"

Besides, she's smarter then that, she would know once the rest of the horde is standing against him, better to be on the winning side.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    but is it really the rest of the horde

we dont know where the goblins will align, one would assume 50/50 the blood elves are a small population, the trolls only recently had a population boom (so they are still young, i think this was mentioned in the new echo isles zone) and the taurens never had a massive population. nomadic groups hardly do.

the orcs and forsaken are the possible high population races of the horde.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 04:59 PM ----------

also dont forget her options

fight with the one who gives her support, although does not like her methods

fight for those who do not like her methods and would possibly not support the forsaken as much

dont forget, the forsaken need war to survive.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-20 at 04:57 PM.

The Blood Elves would likely follow the Queen, given that she was a former Ranger-General, and that the Blood Elves basically hate everyone other than the Forsaken, as indicated by the use of Forsaken in the starter areas as patrols and guards, along with the transporter to Undercity. Trolls and Blood Elves do have one thing in common, absolute hatred of Night Elves, so they have that to work from, but relations are......strained at the very best. Essentially, the Forsaken, and the Naga are the only two races Blood Elves care for, everyone else is just in their way.
    WOW simply evolved to remove tedium that for some people celebrate as difficulty or work from the game so that people spent more time enjoying the game instead of seeing it as a job. -ZeroWashu

10+ Year Old Account
    in recent lore its more in line that the blood elves would be against garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolithic View Post
    The Blood Elves would likely follow the Queen, given that she was a former Ranger-General, and that the Blood Elves basically hate everyone other than the Forsaken, as indicated by the use of Forsaken in the starter areas as patrols and guards, along with the transporter to Undercity. Trolls and Blood Elves do have one thing in common, absolute hatred of Night Elves, so they have that to work from, but relations are......strained at the very best. Essentially, the Forsaken, and the Naga are the only two races Blood Elves care for, everyone else is just in their way.
    But the thing is, canonically the Sin'dorei do actually not like Sylvanas all that much since she practically blackmailed the Regent Lord into entering the Northrend Campaign while they were still recovering from the events on Quel'danas. Honestly, I think that Silvermoon proper would prefer to be isolationist in all respects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'd say she'd stay out of the fight.

She might be evil but she's a clever girl.

I'm sure she hates Garrosh and most likely the next Warchief could be; COULD be Thrall again and the next Warchief would just have her head.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, Sylvanas wants to survive. Which side offers the better chance of that, the Horde rebels or the soon-to-be sha-crazed madman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The thing is, Sylvanas wants to survive. Which side offers the better chance of that, the Horde rebels or the soon-to-be sha-crazed madman?
    but do the lore figures know if this possible sha corruption

I think sylvanas will be the deciding factor

the orcs have the possible largest population of the horde. many of them support garrosh. now lets say this split is 75% to 25% in favor of garrosh. the trolls and taurens never had large poplations, even when the rpg books were canon. Also the goblins I would guess would be either 50/50 or in full support of garrosh since he has the moneys. the blood elves also have a small population. and the pandas are likely a none issue

lets say with all of this together its the horde. Garrosh also has his northrend beasts, his pandarian monsters im sure he has, his elemental shamans etc. the introduction of the black rocks and the dragonmaws. lets now say this conflict is

70% of the horde is garrosh and 30% is the rest.

now we factor sylanas she tips the scale. if she joins garrosh the numbers wont change too much and her forces have an easy future ahead of them. if she sides with the rest, she tips the scales to be a bit more even, but does not have the secured future.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-20 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that it was the tauren who brought the Forsaken into the Horde.

And Hamuul Runetotem's still around, so his reasoning probably hasn't faltered.

Now also consider that Garrosh despises the Forsaken so much that he doesn't want them in his city. There isn't a single undead NPC in Orgrimmar. I'm surprised he didn't slice the zeppelin to Tirisfal apart. I don't think he would ALLOW Sylvanas to fight alongside him.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is really going to hit a turning point in SoO. One thing's for sure, she won't side with the Orc that's called her a bitch. But the other leaders are likely to keep her on an equally short leash, just with fewer obscenities.

SoO would be the perfect chance for her to take control of the Horde, and begin to morph it into one giant Forsaken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but is it really the rest of the horde
    dont forget, the forsaken need war to survive.
    No they don't. They aren't going to die of old age or disease; they die from being killed. No war = no deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    No they don't. They aren't going to die of old age or disease; they die from being killed. No war = no deaths.
    no but they eventually lose their minds over time

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Sylvanas is really going to hit a turning point in SoO. One thing's for sure, she won't side with the Orc that's called her a bitch. But the other leaders are likely to keep her on an equally short leash, just with fewer obscenities.

SoO would be the perfect chance for her to take control of the Horde, and begin to morph it into one giant Forsaken.
    i'd argue an even shorter leash. Garrosh is fine with most of what she did, other tham scourge minions and the plague. would thrall/vol/baine be just has fine with what she does? come down even harder on her for her weapon tactics

I'd love to see her killed, but I don't see her fighting alongside Garrosh any time soon. She'll probably be going along with the ''good'' Horde

I thought it was confirmed that she would have a role in ousting Garrosh. Knowing Garrosh he might do something to piss her off like he did Vol'jin and Lor'themar.
    Last edited by Darkenedfist; 2013-01-20 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    What if Garrosh kills Vereesa by some nasty and cowardish way and Sylvanas still have some hidden feelings towards her sisters so she joins the "rebels", Vol'jin & pals?

Edit: Personally i just hope Sylvanas dies. People care about her only because boobs.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2013-01-20 at 05:57 PM.

No it really depends on how Garrosh treats the Forsaken in these next few patches, personally I think Sylvanas should side with Garrosh, I don't know but I feel like they match each other. They both have the same aims, to see their people become the strongest...whatever the cost. So I see no reason why she would not side with him? Beside I would like to remind you that Orgrimmar was a safe haven for the Forsaken during the war in the Undercity, so I highly doubt she would fight against the ruler of those grounds, considering it was the same ground that protected and sheltered her people.

Garrosh and Sylvanas would actually make a cool couple...
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkenedfist View Post
    I thought it was confirmed that she would have a role in ousting Garrosh. Knowing Garrosh he might do something to piss her off like he did Vol'jin and Lor'themar.
    how he pissed off vol;jin.... he was picked as warcheif

hoew he pissed off lorthewho.... by actually pissing him off

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 05:58 PM ----------

im not saying they have to like each other, but does she benefit more from garry or volly
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-20 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    But the thing is, canonically the Sin'dorei do actually not like Sylvanas all that much since she practically blackmailed the Regent Lord into entering the Northrend Campaign while they were still recovering from the events on Quel'danas. Honestly, I think that Silvermoon proper would prefer to be isolationist in all respects.

True enough, but I think enough has happened, that the dislike of Sylvanas has tempered amongst the Blood Elves. As stated, this is seen by the willingness to allow Forsaken into their lands, to help rid them of the remaining scourge, and the teleporter to Undercity. I'm not saying they are in love by any means. But, with absolute hatred for the Alliance, and no use for anyone on the Horde other than the Forsaken, (while at one point, the Orcs had a pity like kinship with Blood Elves due to the fel magic taint they went through as a race, they now view the Blood Elves as maniacal and dangerous, and the Blood Elves see the Orcs as weak, lesser creatures who aren't able to cope/handle the power that comes with fel magic) I have a hard time thinking that the Blood Elves would do wrong by Sylvanas and the Forsaken.

If possible, I think you are right in that the Blood Elves would prefer to go it alone, but they can't right now, and that was what prompted their entering into the Horde, they needed the protections of other races, but I don't see them as isolationist, they want power, all of it, and would be more than happy to invade into an area more ripe in magic (read: certain forests that certain elves inhabit... :P ) but don't have the military might to do so, and currently, don't have the political sway to pull it off. However, were Sylvanas ever to attain ultimate power in the Horde, they just might have their way. Sylvanas will defend Silvermoon with the Forsaken, forever at this point, and I can't see a logical reason why the Blood Elves, even though they might want power for themselves, would try to ruin what has been a good pairing for so long.

PS: I think the hatred for the blackmailing has probably also tempered some due to the stories of what happened to Sylvanas getting around, and people beginning to understand the depth of hatred she had for Arthas. While not an excuse, people will tend to understand the lengths someone might go to to get her revenge under those circumstances.

+1 for good conversation !
    WOW simply evolved to remove tedium that for some people celebrate as difficulty or work from the game so that people spent more time enjoying the game instead of seeing it as a job. -ZeroWashu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    Beside I would like to remind you that Orgrimmar was a safe haven for the Forsaken during the war in the Undercity, so I highly doubt she would fight against the ruler of those grounds, considering it was the same ground that protected and sheltered her people.
    That was Thrall. Garrosh would just say something like "crawl back to some remote crypt for shelter" at best.