10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that Bethesda threw some goodwill to the PS3 players. 50% off each DLC for the launch week. I'm just glad they realized how fucked over PS3 players were and I think that is a nice thing to throw in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    They always knew they fucked over PS3 players. It was just a matter of fixing what they screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    that is so fucking awesome ! Oo

The best part is where he grabs his lute and starts smashing people with it!!
    Wait a minute...my bear never does that. I WANT MY BEAR TO DO THAT!

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    They always knew they fucked over PS3 players. It was just a matter of fixing what they screwed up.
    It should stay 50% off forever for them and even that wouldn't be right. They effed over PS3 players hard. I'm saying this as a PC player who is more than willing to pay the full price but PS3 players having to wait 6 months for this is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It should stay 50% off forever for them and even that wouldn't be right. They effed over PS3 players hard. I'm saying this as a PC player who is more than willing to pay the full price but PS3 players having to wait 6 months for this is ridiculous.
    Yeah, it totally wasn't a problem getting it to work and intentional, they just love losing out on dlc sales from one system...

10+ Year Old Account
    But will the DLC break my PS3? I'm not touching that DLC until I hear some feedback from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Yeah, it totally wasn't a problem getting it to work and intentional, they just love losing out on dlc sales from one system...
    What's this? Simple logic?

That just won't do in this entitled age!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Bethesda did know the PS3 had huge problems and they released it anyways. They also promised they were giving the PS3 tons of attention before release.

They essentially lied to take our money. The problems were not intended, but what they did was very, very, low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Well, Bethesda did know the PS3 had huge problems and they released it anyways. They also promised they were giving the PS3 tons of attention before release.

They essentially lied to take our money. The problems were not intended, but what they did was very, very, low.
    They HAVE given it loads of attention, they've turned it from a broken mess to something sort of half-playable and have the dlc at 50% off for a time...

Putting in less time to make the game work properly for one consoles because the other company is paying you more is pretty dang intentional. PC players would be dealing with the same shit as PS3 if we didn't have an amazing modding community while 360 players keep getting better services, fewer crashes and bugs on theirs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 10:41 PM ----------

They HAVE given it loads of attention, they've turned it from a broken mess to something sort of half-playable and have the dlc at 50% off for a time...
    Loads of attention doesn't yield a broken product.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I mean people were concerned about the PS3 version before its release because of how Poorly FO:NV and FO3 performed and Bethesda assured us that they were giving the PS3 version lots of attention. That was the only reason I bought it, I knew Bethesda track record with my console and they assured me they were giving it attention. My trust was misplaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Putting in less time to make the game work properly for one consoles because the other company is paying you more is pretty dang intentional. PC players would be dealing with the same shit as PS3 if we didn't have an amazing modding community while 360 players keep getting better services, fewer crashes and bugs on theirs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 10:41 PM ----------

Loads of attention doesn't yield a broken product.
    The ps3 is a NIGHTMARE for developers without designing the game from the ground up on it.
    The reason why so many 360 ports go to pc and vice versa is because the cpu's and coding are at least similar, PS3's cell cpu is a mess, good thing they're dropping it next gen.

No, I mean people were concerned about the PS3 version before its release because of how Poorly FO:NV and FO3 performed and Bethesda assured us that they were giving the PS3 version lots of attention. That was the only reason I bought it, I knew Bethesda track record with my console and they assured me they were giving it attention. My trust was misplaced.
    If they have Skyrim running anywhere near the level of the much less demanding FO:3/NV then they did well, especially since the PS3 has less memory than the 360... (marginally faster gpu and more cores on the mess of a cpu)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they have Skyrim running anywhere near the level of the much less demanding FO:3/NV then they did well, especially since the PS3 has less memory than the 360... (marginally faster gpu and more cores on the mess of a cpu)
    I don't care how well they did. They knowingly sold me a broken product and it took them a year to fix it.

Deleted
    I don't care how well they did. They sold me a broken product and it took them a year to fix it.
    Right...
    So this is about being butthurt over ps3 performing poorly and not about them making an effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right...
    So this is about being butthurt over ps3 performing poorly and not about them making an effort.
    No, it's about them lying to me and selling me a broken product they knew was broken. Am I supposed to bow before them and give them my everlasting thanks and praise for extorting me?

Them fixing their screw up a year after release really doesn't make up for what they did tbh.

Deleted
    No, it's about them lying to me and selling me a broken product they knew was broken. Am I supposed to bow before them and give them my everlasting thanks and praise for extorting me?
    They said they'd give lots of attention, they did.
    They didn't promise it would work perfectly on release.
    They're releasing the dlc's now they've got the game to work to a level they can be added to it without it exploding back to the way it was/solved whatever other issues were preventing it from working, at 50% off.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they'd give lots of attention, they did.
    Yeah after release, they said they were giving it tons of attention during development.

They didn't promise it would work perfectly on release.
    They didn't say it would be broken either. Not saying anything is just as bad as being dishonest.

They're releasing the dlc's now they've got the game to work to a level they can be added to it without it exploding back to the way it was/solved whatever other issues were preventing it from working, at 50% off.
    Good for them? What do you want me to do? Suck their C#cks in thanks?

Deleted
    Yeah after release, they said they were giving it tons of attention during development.

They didn't say it would be broken either. Not saying anything is just as bad as being dishonest.

Good for them? What do you want me to do? Suck their C#cks in thanks?
    Who are you to say how much attention they did or didn't give it?
    Seeing how it took them about a year after release with community reports etc helping them, and the huge difference in the platforms it's completely possible they spent far more time on it than the 360 or pc specific ports.
    I really don't see why you would think I'd want you to suck anything... um...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are you to say how much attention they did or didn't give it?
    Seeing how it took them about a year after release with community reports etc helping them, and the huge difference in the platforms it's completely possible they spent far more time on it than the 360 or pc specific ports.
    I really don't see why you would think I'd want you to suck anything... um...
    It just seems like you wan't me to forgive and forget and that I should be grateful to Bethesda for some reason.

“Yes, PS3 and 360 have reached a good place of parity….framerate, fidelity, etc. The PS3 version is getting a ton of attention” That was Pete Hines after being asked if the PS3 version was up to snuff. I don't know you're defending Bethesda on this. They knowingly lied and released a broken product.

Deleted
    It just seems like you wan't me to forgive and forget and that I should be grateful to Bethesda for some reason.

“Yes, PS3 and 360 have reached a good place of parity….framerate, fidelity, etc. The PS3 version is getting a ton of attention” That was Pete Hines after being asked if the PS3 version was up to snuff. I don't know you're defending Bethesda on this. They knowingly lied and released a broken product.
    I'm so good a quote 2.5 months before the game went gold means they knew Skyrim was going to have issues that serious on PS3.
    Game code/building is clearly a linear process, with them steadily getting better and better without the possibility on one thing completely changing how it behaves, especially in open-world games.
    I've never asked you to DO anything, I'm saying what may or may not have happened, over the past ~14+ months, and you're suggesting I asked you to suck people off.
    If you feel that badly about it I'm not sure why you're even following news/info about Skyrim anymore, if you can't forgive them for having to pretty much re-write the game to run on one console, have problems with it, fix ALOT of those problems then finally get the dlc to work and offer it at 50% off then I don't know what it would take to stop you being this hostile to people who aren't even associated with Bethesda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so good a quote 2.5 months before the game went gold means they knew Skyrim was going to have issues that serious on PS3.
    Game code/building is clearly a linear process, with them steadily getting better and better without the possibility on one thing completely changing how it behaves, especially in open-world games.
    I've never asked you to DO anything, I'm saying what may or may not have happened, over the past ~14+ months, and you're suggesting I asked you to suck people off.
    If you feel that badly about it I'm not sure why you're even following news/info about Skyrim anymore, if you can't forgive them for having to pretty much re-write the game to run on one console, have problems with it, fix ALOT of those problems then finally get the dlc to work and offer it at 50% off then I don't know what it would take to stop you being this hostile to people who aren't even associated with Bethesda.
    I'm not being hostile?