Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bots will never be dealt with.

Never. They won't.

The only bots that will dissapear from the games are the poorly programmed ones. Sadly, those account for only 10% of the total amount of active bots. Probably.

It's been eight years now, and bots have been a problem since day one. Not once was there a bot free moment in WoW. We've had several dozens of "banwaves", but look; Go into a BG and notice how at least ~35% of the players are botting. Why? Well, why not? They won't get banned anyway.

Blizzard is not capable of stopping bots. I don't think any company is. All mmos are like this. What's the point of playing legitimately anymore? Its incredibly hard to keep up with something that is not able to tire, and perseveres through loss without any shred of emotion. A bot is the ultimate grinder. A legitimate player has NO chance of competing against it.

Whether its gold, honor, or experience, a bot will always be around the corner gathering all of that without suffering from any consequences. The botting will never stop. Not in Diablo 3, not in World of Warcraft. Nowhere. They are unstoppable. Especially for Blizzard.

/rant

Thanks, everyone learned something new today
    /sarcasm

It is what it is unfortunately. Personally I don't really care. I know Blizzard tries, like every other company out there with an MMO. I just ignore it. As you said, it's been in since day 1. I guess I'm just used to it by now.

Deleted
    Well i consider bots in pvp as a free win and tbh... i have seen lots of bots contribute more to Battlegrounds then players themselves.
    I do agree they need to be stopped but that will never ever happen.
    I started to deal with it and so should you.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Thanks, everyone learned something new today
    /sarcasm
    1. Bots won't be stopped.
    2. Majority of the bots that get banned are due to bad programming.
    3. Bots have been around since day one, and have only seen an incline in numbers since then.
    4. Blizzard has, just like all other companies, proven to be unable to handle bots.
    5. Due to not being able to get banned, botting is highly profitable.
    6. Except for morale, there is no reason not to bot.

Six easy things to learn from this post.

I don't care either bots in pvp either. Maybe the lack of motivation keeps them hanging around.. But as far as my seeing a bot in a bg or questing.. reporting them? can't be bothered. The only bots I think that should be dealt with are gold farming bots.

Deleted
    There is a difference between not being able and not being willing to. The problem with Blizzard is that they're trying to get the bots banned but want to keep the players around. So instead of the players using bots they're going after the companies distributing them. People get their accounts unbanned several times even after the whole ramp up phases if they just write some sob story and swear they wont do it again (the third time).

Dear OP: Welcome to online gaming.

for bgs. the only thing that can be done is reporting afk and telling the teto yo also report
    then just hope a real player comes along.

If you did not think that this problem just existed for this one company I would have more respect for the topic.

Deleted
    According to the arguers MOP would be the most awesome expansion ever, so awesome it would bomb my mind.

Enter BG. The only real player.

Okay.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-21 at 08:26 AM.

I saw a bot attacking the EFC in wsg the other day and actually returning flags.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team was fighting in mid.

God, I loved that stupid bot. Played better than most of the idiots in that BG. I don't know what bot program was being used, but I'd rather play with that bot than most of the retards that join random BGs.

(EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that it most definitely was a bot. My friend and I watched it closely. It ressed from the GY and followed the exact same path every time, down to the pixel, from our GY to the flagroom of the enemy base. Once there, it would run around randomly in circles for minutes at a time, but it did attack the first target it found. In most cases, this was an undefended EFC. So simple, yet so effective. It also had 3 flag returns, which I'm guessing is from some rapid auto clicking program, related to how it found a target in the first place. In any case, would rather play with this bot than 90% of the dipshits who queue up.)
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2013-01-21 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    Sadly, it is true, but Blizzard is the best company I have seen so far dealing with them.

But sadly, I have seen some good bots that played better than real player xD

But do you guys still have that big bot problem? At day time, as I only play at daytime in the week, I haven't seen a bot since the beginning of MOP....if you play at night...get a life :P...nah, joke, but of course at night the chances for bots are higher

It's not that they aren't dealt with, it's just an ongoing war between them and Blizzard.
    They make a bot -> Blizzard fixes it -> They change the bot -> Blizzard breaks it -> They change the bot again, to make it work -> Breaks it again etc...

The same game is also going on with people making computer viruses and the anti-virus companies.

Deleted
    The punishment for 1st offense botting is a 3 hour ban. Lol. Hell even I'm tempted to bot to get full pvp gear next patch if 3 hours of not playing wow is all I risk.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    The punishment for 1st offense botting is a 3 hour ban. Lol. Hell even I'm tempted to bot to get full pvp gear next patch if 3 hours of not playing wow is all I risk.
    Not in Europe its 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I saw a bot attacking the EFC in wsg the other day and actually returning flags.

God, I loved that stupid bot. Played better than most of the idiots in that BG. I don't know what bot program was being used, but I'd rather play with that bot than most of the retards that join random BGs.

(EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that it most definitely was a bot. My friend and I watched it closely. It ressed from the GY and followed the exact same path every time, down to the pixel, from our GY to the flagroom of the enemy base. Once there, it would run around randomly in circles for minutes at a time, but it did attack the first target it found. In most cases, this was an undefended EFC. So simple, yet so effective. It also had 3 flag returns, which I'm guessing is from some rapid auto clicking program, related to how it found a target in the first place. In any case, would rather play with this bot than 90% of the dipshits who queue up.)
    I guess those bots aren't too bad but they're just canon fodder in bigger fights :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post

most payed bots actually work like that and better with incoming reports etc. the problem is the free ones where they don't fight and they spamm /follow and whatever macro is made.

There is still hope : wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/16/south-korea-bans-botting-in-online-rpgs/
    We needs something like this, being banned or not is one thing, but are you gonna risk jail to run a simple bot ?
    Maybe it's taken to the extreme, but it's probably the only realistic solution to the bot problem.

Most of us live in democratic countries, we are the answer.
    PS : stupid can't link until x posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    There is still hope : wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/16/south-korea-bans-botting-in-online-rpgs/
    We needs something like this, being banned or not is one thing, but are you gonna risk jail to run a simple bot ?
    Maybe it's taken to the extreme, but it's probably the only realistic solution to the bot problem.

Most of us live in democratic countries, we are the answer.
    PS : stupid can't link until x posts...
    Oh yeah great idea, lets remove a portion of a nations liberty so online games can be bot free. What a fucking brilliant idea NOT!