View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by igneous42 View Post
    Not really, blizzard has pretty much designed questing aspect of the game in a very unfriendly way. If someone is doing the same quest as you it's just another person to compete with for mobs, or quest items or the worst is when it's a specific mob that has a respawn timer. You could group and often time people do but then you get less experience. And even when you group a lot of drop quests make you get your own drops so your still being slowed down. The questing is just designed in such a way that you don't want to see other people. Which is sad since it is an MMO.
    Nothing they design can make you feel a certain way about other players. If you don't want to see them, its an attitude problem. named mobs can be multi tagged. Competing for mobs isn't terrible. if it is for you, you need to ask yourself if you actually enjoy this game, or multiplayer games at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Oh god, not this again. If you don't like CRZ, REROLL PVE SERVER. Simple.
    I play on PvE realm and I hate CRZ. So, your point is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy the cross-realm system, brings life to ones else lonely and dead levelling. So what if I have to share some quest items, I mean, sharing should be the least of the problem. Besiddes, cross-realm also opens up for a wider view of the else dead servers. Was a good fit for the days now. And it doesn't take affect in all zones. I do see alot of groans about it being a problem for people on PvP realms, but you have to take every offering with a pinch of salt.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    Fizzcrank is a PVE server. did you mean pvp or do you just need to english a bit?
    He clearly did not even bother to read your post, or the other major post (Alewen's) of the thread. None of the two of you complained about PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I did. Most of it is silly/wrong.
    For you perhaps...

The flashing and hang ups are likely due to a hardware issue. This is not a Blizzard issue. My PC is from 06 and I have never heard of/seen those problems.
    I had it happen too. Flashing isn't good while leveling. You don't want that, some people suffer from epilepsy. The hang ups are network related. I suspect it is because the servers have to sync data (in case of EU they're all over Europe).

The gold/ah problem really isn't a problem. Again, it might waste some of your time, but I doubt your are so poor that it will really matter.
    Except that, if CRZ was implemented for the low pop realms, it actually hurts them. More competition on resources means less supply, while the demand is still the same since the amount of players is roughly the same.

You can still report harassment via opening a ticket. Blizzard take it just as serious, and it takes barely any more time than it does the other way.
    No shit Sherlock, but that takes more time, and it doesn't put them on ignore. If you file a complaint with the in-game tool you will automatically put that person on ignore.

"because you might run into that person" .... Seriously? Yeah, play a single player game.
    The notion, including the realm transfer one, suggests he or she was harassed and decided to realm transfer to get rid of the bullies whereas right now neither the report nor the in-game ignore function work which means they can harass him/her with text. Furthermore, also with gameplay, which wasn't possible before due to realm transfer.

Can't trade isn't even a problem. You couldn't trade with them anyway, so its not a con and not taking anything away from you.
    True, you couldn't trade with them, but you wouldn't see them either. So now if someone picks up something they can't trade it with you. Now, that's something even a PnP pencil game allows but not Blizzard's 10 million sub WoW. It doesn't matter why you cannot trade with your fellow player.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Price of what? Most of the stuff being bought and sold are gathered in Pandaria zones.

I stockpiled a bunch of volatiles before the expansion and the prices are crap.

Herbs don't sell for that much anymore because Pandaria herbs are cheap and the ink trader means you never need to buy expensive lowbie herbs for inscription. Alchemy needs like a stack of two of each herb to level, hardly enough to sustain the market.

The most expensive ore is Cobalt, and even that is cheaper than it was in Cata.

The supply and demand of goods affects the price way more than any perceived CRZ effect. Blizzard controls the price by where they set the spawn rate at. If there is less of some good going into the economy than they want, they just up the spawn rate. Has nothing to do with CRZ.
    The point is that CRZ lower the amount of resources and therefore increases the amount of supply while demand is pretty static. Just like banning 100.000 farming bots increases the amount of resources available on every realm, but lowers the amount of supply which in term increases the price which in term increases the gold received by the honest, fair trade farmer.

So seeing another person while doing quests is the main issue? I can not see what that does to my gameplay since questing/leveling up has become a single person activity anyway: no group quests, no elite mobs, lower health and damage of mobs etc. Most people don't care if there are other people around. But the additional downsides like farming, autions house prices, all kinds of glitches they do care about.
    And I really like the reporting option not available: try making a ticket and getting the default response where you get told that your ticket won't be processed because you need to use the right click/report option...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Besiddes, cross-realm also opens up for a wider view of the else dead servers.
    And screws up the economy that is already screwed up. Seriously, I slowly levelled a character with herb/skinning in the past couple of months, and I made over 20k just by picking up herbs/leather in process and selling them at AH. Prices on non-MoP stuff are ridiculously high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of Cross-Realm zones. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to get stuff done efficiently and quickly. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, screwing it up even more for other players. (I try not to interfere if i see another player obviously working on the quest, unlike most people i see.) So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one getting mixed messages on player interaction & socializing as to what is and what isn't an acceptable level of interaction?

Because in a world of RPG mmo game things are not suppose to be so easy and quickly maybe? feeling the danger of the world is big part of what an RPG game about...if you do things so effciently and so quickly almost all the time ...then tell me what is the fun of that? what is the fun when you get all you wanted in this game so fast?

The reason CRZ added to the game in fact... for so many reasons one of them is to fix the issues with low populated realms + revive world pvp which almost died when they buffed guards + flying mount in azeroth.

Always keep in mind mate that so much convienets in a video game = ruin the gameplay of the game itself..it maybe good for you as a player personally but it makes the game bad when someone can streamline everything so quickly so efficiently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    Global channels removed
    Looking for group ui replaced with looking for strangers
    Phasing (AKA forget ever being able to see anyone you're grouped with)
    Group quests removed
    3day cd on char transfers so forget about trying to follow the realm community
    Real id added so that you can turtle in your little circle of friends
    Casual/social/pug raids replaced with LFR
    Dungeons with 5 players who don't speak to eachother is still too social. So shift to endless dailies that you can solo 24/7

Blizzard is doing their best to make this a non-mmo. The big new feature of next xpack is being able to do dungeons and raids with npcs instead of other players.
    Every class having a pet/guardian/whatever friendly NPC. If I want that I'll go play SWTOR. Thanks but no TYVM.

Nothing they design can make you feel a certain way about other players. If you don't want to see them, its an attitude problem. named mobs can be multi tagged. Competing for mobs isn't terrible. if it is for you, you need to ask yourself if you actually enjoy this game, or multiplayer games at all.
    I've never said I don't like seeing other players, you put those words in my mouth then argued against a point a didn't make. Fun Fact, I've owned guild wars 2 to for maybe coming up on a month now I think, and I love seeing people in that game. They don't take mobs or resources and you get buffs (and give buffs) to anybody in the area not just people in you group. There are also a lot of events going on some of which are not doable by one person and most that are doable by one person are more fun with other people around. It makes for a much better leveling experience. It's not that I don't like seeing other people in MMO's, it's that I don't like seeing other people while questing in WoW specifically, because of bad design.

Deleted
    Or, instead of removing the feature, they could fix the issue that currently makes CRZ work against players instead of for them and that is the outdated mob tagging system. If anything needs to go away it's that imho.

Edit: basically because of:

I've never said I don't like seeing other players, you put those words in my mouth then argued against a point a didn't make. Fun Fact, I've owned guild wars 2 to for maybe coming up on a month now I think, and I love seeing people in that game. They don't take mobs or resources and you get buffs (and give buffs) to anybody in the area not just people in you group. There are also a lot of events going on some of which are not doable by one person and most that are doable by one person are more fun with other people around. It makes for a much better leveling experience. It's not that I don't like seeing other people in MMO's, it's that I don't like seeing other people while questing in WoW specifically, because of bad design.
    WoW has way too many options for griefing and let's the community police itself. It just doesn't work because the griefers don't care and people who do care are often already on edge because they expect to be griefed so they get pissed off at anyone who tags their mob, accidentally or not, which creates a tense atmosphere when there are a lot of people around. The only way to make CRZ fun is to have a shared mob/resource system in place.
    Last edited by mmoced25ca264a; 2013-01-21 at 10:22 AM.

I hate it for the sole reason that this is Blizzards way to help low populated realms. We all know they think this could help abit to calm people down - But thats a damn joke.

We need to fix low populated realms. Close 75% off servers down and have only high populated realms with even ratio, controlled stricly by Blizzard. As inn when a ratio is good on servers (X 90's on both side) + population, make said server not able to be migrated to unless it drops abit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

"It takes a few more seconds" So what?

"Its more competition for farming nodes on an already dead server" Uhhhh? A dead server is angry about node competition?

"You can't trade with them" So? You couldn't before hand? Is this a " i cant have it so I want it" sort of deal? You don't want them there to begin with, so why is this a con?

"Server xfer to hide form bullies" Well to be honest you probably did something really messed up if they xferred after you. I would suggest a name change in that case. Its also VERY VERY VERY unlikely that you would see them just because they are in your battlegroup... "I might trip and die if I walk, so I shouldn't walk"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    So seeing another person while doing quests is the main issue? I can not see what that does to my gameplay since questing/leveling up has become a single person activity anyway: no group quests, no elite mobs, lower health and damage of mobs etc. Most people don't care if there are other people around. But the additional downsides like farming, autions house prices, all kinds of glitches they do care about.
    And I really like the reporting option not available: try making a ticket and getting the default response where you get told that your ticket won't be processed because you need to use the right click/report option...
    Yep, it is actually a real issue in WoW. WoW questing is made to be done alone. There's no proximity grouping (GW2), there is tagging instead of credit by minimal damage (GW2), there is no resource sharing (GW2, Diablo 3) and no individual loot tables (Diablo 3, GW2). Now, Diablo 3 isn't a MMO and it scales up to 4 players, but GW2 is a MMO and scales much higher. The problem being that if you have too many players, it becomes "zerg". I acknowledge this issue, but the game is in this sense more multiplayer friendly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I can live with PvP side of CRZ (but I on't like it) however, it's bad for the economy on small servers. Coming from small server I can say that leveling or farming gathering profession is sometimes impossible. Than at highest level people can still call their friends from other servers to Pandaria and all they gather is either used by them or sold on their servers, which on small servers screws up AH and economy as a whole.
    This is my problem with CRZ. It used to be that on a low pop realm, you had the disadvantage of a rubbish AH, but you had the flip side to that, where you could easily go and farm whatever material you needed. High pop realms had it the other way round, good AH, but more competition when farming for the mats yourself.

There is absolutely no argument that can stand up against the solid fact that if you are on a low population realm, CRZ means you get the crap AH, but also no longer get the reduced competition. Now you have all of the competition, but still have a rubbish Auction House.

If they merged the AH, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But that is the biggest issue.

My other issue is the enormous death squads of people ganking the Dark Portal and other similar choke points. It could never happen before, even on high population realms, because eventually people would get bored. But now with CRZ, if one of the gankers gets bored and leaves, someone else will just get merged into that realm to hit the cap again, so there's an endless cycle of gankers. This is a minor inconvenience on the scale of things though.

The other massive issue that needs sorting is that you definitely need to be able to ignore people from other realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Hinterlands, Jintha'Alor in particular, i remember being stuck there for an eternity levelling my monk
    Was there last night. Spawn rates are indeed horrible at that place. I even logged off and did something else to minimize the agony of waiting, but when I came back someone else had been killing stuff so I had to wait even longer.
    Surrounded by idiots

You can buff people not in your group in many cases. Auras don;t count of course.

You said you dont like seeing people because you must compete for resource or mobs. You can easily group up if mob tagging is an issue. Its not bad design, it got this way for many reasons. There used to be group quests, but solo heroes whined they were too hard, and they took them out. There used to be hard mobs and elites in the world, but people whined, and they took them out.

Soon this might truly become a single player game.

Deleted
    You can buff people not in your group in many cases. Auras don;t count of course.

You said you dont like seeing people because you must compete for resource or mobs. You can easily group up if mob tagging is an issue. Its not bad design, it got this way for many reasons. There used to be group quests, but solo heroes whined they were too hard, and they took them out. There used to be hard mobs and elites in the world, but people whined, and they took them out.

Soon this might truly become a single player game.
    No one whined that elite/group quests were too hard. Blizzard removed them because no one ever did them (because they took too long to find groups for when the vast majority of the population is at end game). However, since the introduction of CRZ, it seems like it should be a great idea to put those epic group quests back in the game, and definitely the elite mobs.

Actually, they HAVE put some elite mobs back in, the rare elites around Pandaria are a great example - but CRZ is disabled for Pandaria, so once again, it seems like totally backwards thinking from Blizzard. CRZ is designed to encourage social interaction and grouping, but the CONTENT is all solo. It doesn't need other people, and in fact they are a barrier to efficiency. Therein lies the fundamental flaw; poor questing design and poor rules around mob tagging and resources. Also no CRZ AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I hate it for the sole reason that this is Blizzards way to help low populated realms. We all know they think this could help abit to calm people down - But thats a damn joke.

We need to fix low populated realms. Close 75% off servers down and have only high populated realms with even ratio, controlled stricly by Blizzard. As inn when a ratio is good on servers (X 90's on both side) + population, make said server not able to be migrated to unless it drops abit.
    but... but... that will mean that Blizzard will get LESS MONIES from SERVER TRANSFERS!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    No one whined that elite/group quests were too hard. Blizzard removed them because no one ever did them (because they took too long to find groups for when the vast majority of the population is at end game). However, since the introduction of CRZ, it seems like it should be a great idea to put those epic group quests back in the game, and definitely the elite mobs.

Actually, they HAVE put some elite mobs back in, the rare elites around Pandaria are a great example - but CRZ is disabled for Pandaria, so once again, it seems like totally backwards thinking from Blizzard. CRZ is designed to encourage social interaction and grouping, but the CONTENT is all solo. It doesn't need other people, and in fact they are a barrier to efficiency. Therein lies the fundamental flaw; poor questing design and poor rules around mob tagging and resources. Also no CRZ AH.
    Sorry, yes, people whined about them. Guess what expansion did away with them all? Just guess? Its pretty obvious! "A barrier to efficiency" doesn;t matter. Agagin, you lose a couple seconds here or there. If you are really going to quit wow over this, you need to do some meditating.

I agree, elite mobs and quets should have stayed. It wasn't me who whined about the, but there surely were a large group doing it.

Deleted
    "It takes a few more seconds" So what?
    Well previously this wasn't available. So every time you change zone you are reminded "oh fuck, yeah, the stupid CRZ feature I don't even want." If you love the feature as if its the greatest invention ever you'll be like "ohhhh woo I'm on CRZ". IOW, even while it may seem like a minor nuisance it confirms our bias. And on top, as someone who doesn't like to waste 5 sec while traveling, indeed it pisses me off.

"Its more competition for farming nodes on an already dead server" Uhhhh? A dead server is angry about node competition?
    Before they had virtually none, now they have it. Yes, dead servers care about competition. The lack of competition of resources is one of the few advantages of being on a dead server, and it is a required one because hardly anyone puts something on the AH. You don't play on a dead server and have never bothered to try. I had a second account on a dead server, I know first-hand how it is.

"You can't trade with them" So? You couldn't before hand? Is this a " i cant have it so I want it" sort of deal? You don't want them there to begin with, so why is this a con?
    1) We got (near) empty zones.
    2) We fill the empty zones by forcefully putting players from different realms together.
    3) (WoW not actually being made for multiplayer questing or playing in zones as I stated in a separate post.)
    4) Now, people who play together aren't able to trade materials either. Which makes it not "real".

Now please tell me at which number your ostrich is delving in the sand. Its either 3 or 4. If you don't give a damn about the argument just say that instead. At least we're clear on the matter then.

"Server xfer to hide form bullies" Well to be honest you probably did something really messed up if they xferred after you. I would suggest a name change in that case. Its also VERY VERY VERY unlikely that you would see them just because they are in your battlegroup... "I might trip and die if I walk, so I shouldn't walk"
    Your inability to read shows on you. Read the bloody OP's post on top of page 2 and read the point I was making in reply to it. I was never saying they transferred after the person. I was saying that, being in the same battlegroup, the chance you meet these bullies whilst leveling is now the same again and worse while previously the ability to ignore and report was present even that is now gone.

For example, I'm meeting all these PvP players I used to kick out of LFR from realms far away, and now they're ganking me. (Maybe you understand it better if I apply some self ridicule, so you can look outside of your dogma.)

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    [...]

CRZ is enabled in Pandaria, but voluntarily. You can activate it via BattleTag and RealID which allows you to visit a different realm than yours. It is a great way to play with friends x-realm. CRZ by default on, merging realms, is more aimed to make complete strangers play together. I believe it is aimed towards new players.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:40 AM ----------

The feature has been active for nearly half a year now, so we can call it ripe enough to be consider it now polished. Thus far: 37% for, 34% against, 28% indifferent. 1 out of 3 players hates CRZ. Which raises the question: why not just make CRZ voluntary/optional instead?
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-01-21 at 10:37 AM.