Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes it is what it is.

I still have faith though that Blizzard will eventually be generous enough and spend some of that cash on battling the bots. They could definitely do more, it just costs them $$.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    There is still hope : wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/16/south-korea-bans-botting-in-online-rpgs/
    We needs something like this, being banned or not is one thing, but are you gonna risk jail to run a simple bot ?
    Maybe it's taken to the extreme, but it's probably the only realistic solution to the bot problem.

Most of us live in democratic countries, we are the answer.
    PS : stupid can't link until x posts...
    Lmao 5 years of jail for botting in a game damn nice

I feel like I've left this link in some other thread aswell, but here's a blue explaining why blizzard is against bots.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4668?page=3#59

Deleted
    Blizzard bans you for three months of hacking for just 3 hours.

Ive been getting some ratings rewards and Blizzard did not DELETE them.

And the bots are pretty nice when they steal accounts, lvling stuffs to 90 for free, and you just have to call Blizzard after that and say its your account and you get your 90s.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-21 at 11:16 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Blizzard bans you for three months of hacking for just 3 hours.

Ive been getting some ratings rewards and Blizzard did not DELETE them.

And the bots are pretty nice when they steal accounts, lvling stuffs to 90 for free, and you just have to call Blizzard after that and say its your account and you get your 90s.
    A friend of mine on burning steppes got permabanned after more than a year of botting lol. After countless of tickets they wont reopen the acc. I guess blizz does take some action from time to time.
    Also to mention the rollback dupe exploit how many people got banned for that aswell.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-01-21 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Oh yeah great idea, lets remove a portion of a nations liberty so online games can be bot free. What a fucking brilliant idea NOT!
    From that response one guesses you bot.

If people do not report every single one they see every time they see it they are enabling bots themselves.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    From that response one guesses you bot.

If people do not report every single one they see every time they see it they are enabling bots themselves.
    It really doesnt matter if someone bots or not in this situation going to jail for 5 years becouse you cheated in a video game is just total bullsh*t.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    A friend of mine on burning steppes got permabanned after more than a year of botting lol. After countless of tickets they wont reopen the acc. I guess blizz does take some action from time to time.
    Also to mention the rollback dupe exploit how many people got banned for that aswell.
    Did he get banned in TBC or? Since the late CATA ive been noticing that Blizzard didnt take it serious, but maybe if it is true that your friend did indeed get banned then i must say that either hes lucky or im lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Not in Europe its 72 hours.

It's 3 hours, a mate of mine botted for 3 years straight got a 3 hour ban the first time he got "caught".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with leveling bots now that we have crz. It's just a pain in the ass to quest without getting corpse camped by a level 90 from other realm. A bot continues through and does not get frustrated and log some other alt. c: BG bots are fine too for leveling, but not level 90 bots. That's just plain laziness.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    What's the point of playing legitimately anymore? Its incredibly hard to keep up with something that is not able to tire, and perseveres through loss without any shred of emotion.

Whether its gold, honor, or experience, a bot will always be around the corner gathering all of that without suffering from any consequences. The botting will never stop.
    The point of playing legitimately is because you have fun playing.

In the case of experience grinding bots- these don't effect you. You can level at your own pace and that pace is barely effected by bots at all.

In the case of honor, yes it sucks showing up to a random BG and having bots there. The best you can do is bring your own group of friends so you know you at least have some competent people on your side.

In the case of gold, there's plenty of people who've gotten gold capped without botting. Learn to work the AH. Lots of people even turn bots to their advantage when it comes to making gold. Bots can't figure out that, say, you just posted 10 stacks of ore at half the market price just because you saw the bot getting ready to do so and wanted to get back 200 stacks for super cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    There is still hope : wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/16/south-korea-bans-botting-in-online-rpgs/
    We needs something like this, being banned or not is one thing, but are you gonna risk jail to run a simple bot ?
    Maybe it's taken to the extreme, but it's probably the only realistic solution to the bot problem.

Most of us live in democratic countries, we are the answer.
    PS : stupid can't link until x posts...
    honestly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    there will always be people who bot, try to not let it bother you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    1. Bots won't be stopped.
    2. Majority of the bots that get banned are due to bad programming.
    3. Bots have been around since day one, and have only seen an incline in numbers since then.
    4. Blizzard has, just like all other companies, proven to be unable to handle bots.
    5. Due to not being able to get banned, botting is highly profitable.
    6. Except for morale, there is no reason not to bot.

Six easy things to learn from this post.
    1. Its easy to come onto the internet and declare something. Doesn't make it fact.
    2. I doubt, seriously, that you're an expert of any kind regarding coding techniques/quality.
    3. Its a never ending fight. They break one, and the people programming the bots find a way around the break. Like computer viruses/anti-viruses.
    4. Except they have 'handled' bots. They've broken a number of the most popular ones. Also, see comment 3.
    5. Many accounts get banned, the ones that are legitimately lazy assholes using programs to exploit. But Blizz prefers not to ban stolen/compromised accounts.
    6. Plenty of reasons not to. Decency? Not being a lazy asstard? Taking pride in/enjoying the game? Not wanting to take the chance of getting banned?

Not much to 'learn' from your post at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be bots. Not because Blizzard aren't trying, because they are. But because every time a flaw is found in a bot that allows it to be caught, the botters work around it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Imagine if they made a game that is fun to play and not involving chore to get some kind of power just for sake of itself.

Nobody would bot that kind of game.

It's cute how people think that Blizzard actually does something, not like people could just call Blizz and tell them that their account got hacked to get it back.

Silly how you can get to jail for botting in South Korea, talk about taking a game too seriously. D:

E: I agree with the post above.
    Hi

problem is... they didn't react fast and radical enough...
    now, there are way to many bots. if they would ban them they would lose a lot of money.
    the point of no return is passed.

they even added the right-click report feature for bots so that no gm will be annoyed by this anymore and they can actually address stupid newbie questions all day or tickets because of pvp on a pvp server and so on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yes it is what it is.

I still have faith though that Blizzard will eventually be generous enough and spend some of that cash on battling the bots. They could definitely do more, it just costs them $$.
    I take it you dont know that Blizzard are taking Bossland to court, I would guess at them spending a LOT of conkers doing so.

I think the first level 60 horde character on my server, in vanilla, was a rogue bot that just ran around in Felwood 24/7, so yeah they've been around since the beginning of WoW.

Bots are my WoW pet peeve, because I really REALLY hate cheaters, and my sense of justice, when these pests of lazy selfentitled people run around, is bumhurt. On my server botters have even made a guild where they seem to be safe from getting banned (some of us got them kicked out of all the normal guilds they tried to enter). If it's indeed true that a botter only gets a 3 hour ban for botting, the first time, then I'm superunimpressed by Blizzard. Even 72 hours is too little. Lately it feels like reporting bots is just as efficient as punching air... just nothing happens, seemingly. The bot guild I mentioned are online 24/7 doing their thing, being superobvious with their wonky stupid behavior (would a normal person run 1000 yards back and forth in a straight line and hit a few mobs, then run back to a quest npc x1000?), but sadly such massive stupidity is not enough for Blizzard to home in on them.

It kind of makes me wonder if there are bad corrupt apples in the Blizzard GM team, that are bribed by bot making companies to look the other way. Since it's such a big business, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if those companies would at least try to influence certain Blizzard people. Maybe it's just my tinfoil hat crackling again.

Of course the Korean model where you risk jail time is over the top, but a fine would suit me just... fine! Their eSports is pretty huge over there, so it'd be the equivalent to doping yourself, to bot, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CMShip View Post
    I take it you dont know that Blizzard are taking Bossland to court, I would guess at them spending a LOT of conkers doing so.
    well problem is... bossland is a german company and in germany this isn't really illegal.
    in my opinion they are wasting their money.