Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    None, obviously.

Well sure.

If zombies were made out of Metal.

Hurr durr.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, 'nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    Proper training is key when using a katana to sever a zombie's head from his/her shoulders…!

Bugei Trading Company - Shobu Zukuri Katana

Its not only proper training, even when you are trained it requires a huge amount of concentration to use effectively.
    Unless your a ninja that trained for the apocalypse all his life and acquired a zen like state that he ismable to keep it up for days at a time, a simply sharp enough sword will do more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Well sure.

If zombies were made out of Metal.

Hurr durr.
    Why would I want an inferior sword if I could just take a longsword? I just don't get all this Katana hype :I

Deleted
    Why would I want an inferior sword if I could just take a longsword? I just don't get all this Katana hype :I
    Because against enemies that do not fight back with tools and with proper technique it will decimate incoming hordes more quickly than any other hand weapon.
    Simply put: its very good at decapitation O:

Also: black chick from walking dead :P

Slashing/Sharpness over Blunt/Thrusting. I would rather a lightweight katana which could slash a zombie in half in a single motion, than a heavy longsword which will mostly just hack and get stuck in their bodies.

Either way, a Leaf Blade beats both. as it takes the strengths of both.

Deleted
    Slashing/Sharpness over Blunt/Thrusting. I would rather a lightweight katana which could slash a zombie in half in a single motion, than a heavy longsword which will mostly just hack and get stuck in their bodies.

Isnt that a Pokemon ? or at least a Pokemon attack ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Its not only proper training, even when you are trained it requires a huge amount of concentration to use effectively.
    Unless your a ninja that trained for the apocalypse all his life and acquired a zen like state that he ismable to keep it up for days at a time, a simply sharp enough sword will do more.
    Actually, you can hack and slash around you with a sword to your hearts content. Proper training is when you wish to swing said sword at a person, not a walking meat stick.

You should totally ask this question, exactly like that, at swordforum.com.

Deleted

A same size Katana is alot heavier than a Longsword. The Blade width is also double the thickness. Also, I think you are confusing what you mean by leaf Blade.

A Leaf Bladed sword is a European design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Actually, you can hack and slash around you with a sword to your hearts content. Proper training is when you wish to swing said sword at a person, not a walking meat stick.
    Said meat stick still has a bone density and i would presume (its not like i tested it in real life lol) that the technique required to overcome said bone density is less draining physically than the force you need to apply to do the same with a longsword.

Deleted
    Said meat stick still has a bone density and i would presume (its not like i tested it in real life lol) that the technique required to overcome said bone density is less draining physically than the force you need to apply to do the same with a longsword.
    There is zero difference between cutting with a Katana and cutting with the longsword. the Technique is based around control of the blade and the judging of the strength of your swing.

As hard as people think it is, Swordplay is not hard, applying Swordplay against another swordsman Is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't decide which is more hilarious - the Internet Martial Artists (TM) or the people who think owning a sword makes them a bad ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I can't decide which is more hilarious - the Internet Martial Artists (TM) or the people who think owning a sword makes them a bad ass.
    I am sorry, but.

Why is having a hobby bad? I guess sitting around and being a dullard on the internet is a totally better way to pass the time right?

Deleted
    Because against enemies that do not fight back with tools and with proper technique it will decimate incoming hordes more quickly than any other hand weapon.
    Simply put: its very good at decapitation O:

Also: black chick from walking dead :P
    Give me a heavy crowbar anyday, a deadly weapon as well as a useful tool.

Isnt that a Pokemon ? or at least a Pokemon attack ?
    Yes, yes it is, But It is also a type of Sword that has the double-edged characteristics of a Longsword, with the curved blade of a Katana. Which gives it the Slashing power of a Katana and the Thrusting/Stabbing power of a European longsword.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    A same size Katana is alot heavier than a Longsword. The Blade width is also double the thickness. Also, I think you are confusing what you mean by leaf Blade.

A Leaf Bladed sword is a European design.
    All Longswords I have ever held were of a heavier weight to the relatively equal sized Katanas, and I already knew Leaf Bladed swords were European, I never said they were otherwise.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2013-01-21 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    All Longswords I have ever held were of a heavier weight to the relatively equal sized Katanas, and I already knew Leaf Bladed swords were European, I never said they were otherwise.
    You probably held Longswords whos blade is made thicker than they usually are, this is often a fault with replica weaponry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Give me a heavy crowbar anyday, a deadly weapon as well as a useful tool.
    This man said it.

There's a zombie apocalypse weapon for you.

If you insist on going with a sword, go with a sturdy broadsword and not a katana. A katana requires a lot more maintenance to function properly, and breaks more easily if you're not a trained swordsman, so not exactly ideal for a post-apocalyptic world.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Katana is good only if the zombies are led by Quentin Tarantino.

Broadsword is too heavy to use repeatedly--you'll be tired after your fifth swing. Not only that, but what about carrying it? You'll be walking cross country, sometimes running. You don't want a heavy-ass sword weighing you down.