Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Annnnnd this is why people shouldn't own weapons.

Friend comes around. Friend gets drunk. Friend stabs friend with the sword.

"GUIZ I HAD 4 ZOMBEH INFASIONZ IT R KAY"

Just for once do the right thing and don't buy the actual weapon. Go buy something useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Broadsword is too heavy to use repeatedly--you'll be tired after your fifth swing. Not only that, but what about carrying it? You'll be walking cross country, sometimes running. You don't want a heavy-ass sword weighing you down.
    You've watched too many movies. Why would anyone ever make a sword that would tire you out after a few swings? The biggest 2-handed swords to ever have been used for proper battle weighed around 4,5 kilos, or around 10 pounds. A proper broadsword wouldn't weigh much more than 2 kilos, or around 4,5 pounds. Furthermore they were well balanced, making them even easier to handle.

In movies, actors(stunt crew) are often instructed to make the swords look a lot heavier than they actually are, in order to make the battles look more heroic.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-01-21 at 01:38 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I am sorry, but.

Why is having a hobby bad? I guess sitting around and being a dullard on the internet is a totally better way to pass the time right?
    Having a hobby is one thing.

Reading Wikipedia articles and regurgitating them to sound knowledgeable on an MMO forum is an entirely different animal.

I'd think you were equally inane if you were talking like this about cars you'd never actually driven.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sharp one. Or at least a pointy one.

Also, considering it is a zombie apocalypse, do you really think a close quarter weapon is good enough when there are hundreds of zombies surrounding you? It would be like a Zealot being surrounded by Zerglings.... Either way you put it, not good.

Deleted
    I would go with an MP5 slung over one shoulder, Squall's Gunblade holstered on your right hip, and Sephiroph's super long Katana on your left hip (oh and extra magazines for your MP5 and extra bullets for your Gunblade)

This way you can engage them from a distance but still have some method of hack and slash should they get too close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Having a hobby is one thing.

Reading Wikipedia articles and regurgitating them to sound knowledgeable on an MMO forum is an entirely different animal.

I'd think you were equally inane if you were talking like this about cars you'd never actually driven.
    Arguing about stuff that has no relevance and i have no expertise in is fun to me.
    I would never even consider buying an actual sword but arguing what weapon to best slice down zombies with is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I find it concerning that you're looking for a Katana for a possible/theoretical zombie attack in seriousness. I find it even more concerning that you chose the wording "suited for actual killing". I don't think anyone with any even vague intentions of that should ever be allowed to own such a weapon.

Do you harrass children when they're playing with Nerf guns, too?

The dude's just having fun.

OT: Can't help you, but I have a Gerber machete that works well against small trees. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

crowbar superior in every way

Deleted
    One that reminds you of how much believing in the idea of a zombie apocalypse makes you sound uneducated and dumb imho.

So, this guy :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    One that reminds you of how much believing in the idea of a zombie apocalypse makes you sound uneducated and dumb imho.
    Unlikely: yes
    Impossible: Not at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Unlikely: yes
    Impossible: Not at all
    Chances that a giant space lobster comes to earth to make us his lobster-children from beyond the stars :
    Unlikely : yes
    Impossible : Not at all

Chances that a giant space lobster comes to earth to make us his lobster-children from beyond the stars :
    It's why we should equally prepare for both situations.

Deleted
    Compared to Giant Space Lobsters a zombie apocalypse is highly possible :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    It's why we should equally prepare for both situations.
    Can't be done, the amount of butter alone ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguing about stuff that has no relevance and i have no expertise in is fun to me.
    I would never even consider buying an actual sword but arguing what weapon to best slice down zombies with is enjoyable.
    I wasn't really referring to you, though. You aren't pretending to be an expert - you even admit you aren't one!

It's the guys who pretend to be some martial arts master, or some weaponry expert, from their parents' suburban homes, that I find endlessly amusing.

I don't know what's more stupid. That you guys entertain the idea that a zombie apocalypse is even possible. Or the fact that, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, you think you'd be fighting instead of running.

Now if this Hollywood gold-bomb idea was possible, and a zombie apocalypse broke out, you would be probably get sick from all the decaying bodies around town and die. You would definetely not fight half-rotten corpses, because even if you were fucking Terminator, you'd still get sick from being in contact with such filth, and die.

A cut wound? Infection and death.
    Sprained foot? You're dead weight. Left to die.
    Lack of food? Good luck finding a magical lair of canned food. Btw, medkits don't regenerate broken limbs.

Oh and good luck getting some use of a 5000$ katana. I bet you'll get your money's worth ....

No "katana" is worth it unless it's an authentic, but you'll never get an authentic Katana because no proper swordmaker would make one for you or agree to sell one to you either.

In fact when some random white man asks for a sword because they think it's cool it tends to really piss the swordmakers off. The one or two swordmakers who would agree will charge you tens of thousands of pounds.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-21 at 01:58 PM.

A real one...

There, I said it.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Deleted
    Compared to Giant Space Lobsters a zombie apocalypse is highly possible :P
    I'll see you in a few months, when this whole zombie hype has worn out and people start arguing whether they'll bring a claymore or a daikatana to fight an army of Teletubbies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I don't know what's more stupid. That you guys entertain the idea that a zombie apocalypse is even possible. Or the fact that, if a zombie apocalypse were to happen, you think you'd be fighting instead of running.

Now if this Hollywood gold-bomb idea was possible, and a zombie apocalypse broke out, you would be probably get sick from all the decaying bodies around town and die. You would definetely not fight half-rotten corpses, because even if you were fucking Terminator, you'd still get sick from being in contact with such filth, and die.

Lack of food? Good luck finding a magical lair of canned food. Btw, medkits don't regenerate broken limbs.
    What makes a zombie apocalypse/outbreak so ludicrous in your eyes ?

Im not saying you need to prepare for it and treat it as a serious threat.

Diseases that induce zombie like states exist already, crossbreeding said disease allowing it to be airborne for whatever sort of purpose is a possibility.
    Would an outbreak of that kind result into the worldwide state described in films ? probably not.
    Could it result into some people having to experience something akin to it ? definitely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I wasn't really referring to you, though. You aren't pretending to be an expert - you even admit you aren't one!

It's the guys who pretend to be some martial arts master, or some weaponry expert, from their parents' suburban homes, that I find endlessly amusing.
    They could be, you never know.

I myself have trained in various martial arts for many years, not claiming to be an expert by any means, but just because you lack personal experience, does not mean everyone else does.

If we were to be talking about high end performance cars I'd be lost, but I woudl not assume everyone else posting lacked the knowledge to do so.
    I assume you have knowledge of certain subjects? yes? so if you post on anything am I to assume you are really clueless?

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No "katana" is worth it unless it's an authentic, but you'll never get an authentic Katana because no proper swordmaker would make one for you or agree to sell one to you either.

In fact when some random white man asks for a sword because they think it's cool it tends to really piss the swordmakers off. The one or two swordmakers who would agree will charge you tens of thousands of pounds.

Incorrect, you can import them. In the UK at least its a bit of a pain as it has to be through martial arts clubs, you cant just buy them off the street> But exceptions were made to weapons categories for traditionally made weapons. And they are still made in some places, and whilst your figure of Tens of thousands of pounds is a bit hyperbolic, its true they are not cheap./

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post

Oh and good luck getting some use of a 5000$ katana. I bet you'll get your money's worth ....
    kill joy.....why cant you let people have some fun? why so serious?