Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

T2 totally removed?

I read a post on AJ and they showed the blizzard post about 5.2 and the T2 weapon that originally was to be able to be bought w conquest at 27000 cap was actually taken out. Is that the case? thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbogey View Post
    I read a post on AJ and they showed the blizzard post about 5.2 and the T2 weapon that originally was to be able to be bought w conquest at 27000 cap was actually taken out. Is that the case? thx
    As far as I know, that is not the case. The T2 Weapon should still be in the works for 5.2 as we have been previously informed. Was this a frontpage news post, or was it just some unofficial forum post?
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

from how I understood it, the weapon is still there as it would be normally, but there is no longer the 2.2k rating req on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetro View Post
    from how I understood it, the weapon is still there as it would be normally, but there is no longer the 2.2k rating req on it
    This should be correct. The only requirement is the 27k Conquest earned during the season.
    Stop dating strippers.
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

You guys should probably read the blog again before replying. They added somethings to it and crossed out some other things. From what it says now t2 weapons are gone or only take 7250 earned to buy. But it looks more like t2 weapons are gone.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    You guys should probably read the blog again before replying. They added somethings to it and crossed out some other things. From what it says now t2 weapons are gone or only take 7250 earned to buy. But it looks more like t2 weapons are gone.
    This is what I saw also, wish i could find a official blue post or something to confirm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbogey View Post
    This is what I saw also, wish i could find a official blue post or something to confirm

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The 2200 rating requirements on gear will be removed in patch 5.2, and when that happens, the only barrier to acquiring top of the line Elite gear will be the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement, and 7,250 for weapons. While highly rated players will still earn gear more quickly, there won’t be an invisible wall to progression at 2200 rating.
    It’s worth noting here that the 27,000 Conquest Points earned requirement must still be met to buy Elite armor and weapons in every season.
    Conquest Point weapons can only be purchased after 7,250 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)
    Taken from the blog directly. Sorry for spreading misinformation! Looks like Elite weapons got removed and normal tier 1 weapons still have the 7250 season requirement on them. My mistake!
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-21 at 06:06 PM.
    Stop dating strippers.

PVP will get 4 ranks of gear shit you can make shit you need honor for shit you need conquest for and shit you need to rack up 27,000 total conquest points for.

you log in one week and lose 10 times in a row you gain nothing and lose nothing and you cant use your 2200 wep and a low mmr to keep any one else form getting it any longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    The 2200 rating requirements on gear will be removed in patch 5.2, and when that happens, the only barrier to acquiring top of the line Elite gear will be the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement, and 7,250 for weapons. While highly rated players will still earn gear more quickly, there won’t be an invisible wall to progression at 2200 rating.
    It’s worth noting here that the 27,000 Conquest Points earned requirement must still be met to buy Elite armor [cross]and weapons in every season.[/cross]
    Conquest Point weapons can only be purchased after 7,250 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)
    Taken from the blog directly. Sorry for spreading misinformation! Looks like Elite gear weapons got removed, and Norma, tier 1 weapons still have the 7250 season requirement on them. My mistake!
    It’s worth noting here that the 27,000 Conquest Points earned requirement must still be met to buy Elite armor and weapons in every season.
    From your own quote, they say there will be elite weapons, which require 27k conquest each season.
    The 7250 conquest is for non elite weapons, like we have in live servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    From your own quote, they say there will be elite weapons, which require 27k conquest each season.
    The 7250 conquest is for non elite weapons, like we have in live servers.
    I forgot to cross out some words from that exact quote, check my post again. It looks exactly like that on the blog, with the words "and weapons in every season" crossed through. Sorry, again, for spreading more misinformation. Lol
    Stop dating strippers.

Something else to add to this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...27?page=21#419

Seems the elite gear will be more than looks and have better stats now that could be a reason t2 weapon could be gone. However this would mean 2/2 upgraded s12 t2 weapon will be bis for s13.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something else to add to this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...27?page=21#419

Seems the elite gear will be more than looks and have better stats now that could be a reason t2 weapon could be gone. However this would mean 2/2 upgraded s12 t2 weapon will be bis for s13.
    I've lobbied for cosmetic-only weapon enchants for a long time. In fact, I'm of the opinion that weapons should have 2 enchantment slots: 1 for performance upgrades, and 1 for a display effect. I remember all the Landslide hate back in Cata and I would hope that this 2.2k+ enchant is pretty sweet-looking. Hopefully we see a datamined effect posted on the frontpage soon
    Stop dating strippers.

I hope the keep t2 weapon with 27,000 points earned. While there could be some problems with the systems, I don't want to see pve weapons in pvp.

After they updated the blog and crossed out "and weapons", I take it to mean only three ilvl tiers for armor and 2 ilvl tiers for weapons.

For weapon:
    Malevolent(honor)
    Tyrannical(conquest)

For armor:
    Dreadful(crafted)
    Malevolent(honor)
    Tyrannical(conquest)

The "Elite" Tyrannical armor will be the same ilvl as Tyrannical but with a different skin. You won't be able to start getting this different looking gear until you hit 27,000 Conquest. I don't consider this a 4th tier because the ilvl is the same as Tyrannical. I think this is what is causing confusion because in the blog it says 4 tiers when really there are only 3 ilvl tiers for armor.

There will be no Elite Tyrannical weapon at all. You will just be able to purchase the Tyrannical weapon after 7250 Conquest points.

Does anyone else interpret it the way I have specified above?

Quote Originally Posted by CompromisePlease View Post
    After they updated the blog and crossed out "and weapons", I take it to mean only three ilvl tiers for armor and 2 ilvl tiers for weapons.

For weapon:
    Malevolent(honor)
    Tyrannical(conquest)

For armor:
    Dreadful(crafted)
    Malevolent(honor)
    Tyrannical(conquest)

The "Elite" Tyrannical armor will be the same ilvl as Tyrannical but with a different skin. You won't be able to start getting this different looking gear until you hit 27,000 Conquest. I don't consider this a 4th tier because the ilvl is the same as Tyrannical. I think this is what is causing confusion because in the blog it says 4 tiers when really there are only 3 ilvl tiers for armor.

There will be no Elite Tyrannical weapon at all. You will just be able to purchase the Tyrannical weapon after 7250 Conquest points.

There's no way that can be the case, because then upgraded S12 T2 weapons would still be better.. and that's not going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    There's no way that can be the case, because then upgraded S12 T2 weapons would still be better.. and that's not going to fly.
    How do you know what the ilvl of the Tyrannical weapon is already? The stuff data mined is old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CompromisePlease View Post
    As far as weapons are concerned, we are on the same page.

Dreadful: None
    Malevolent: Honor points
    Tyrannical: Conquest points, after 7250 earned during the season
    Elite Tyrannical: None

However, we differ in opinion as far as armor is concerned. I am of the opinion that there will be 4 distinct tiers of armor with 4 different item levels. Afaik, this is how armor will look. The item levels used are purely conjecture and only mentioned to provide a perspective as to my best guess of how next season's armor sets will look.

Dreadful: Crafted, 458 iLvL
    Malevolent: Honor points, 483 iLvL
    Tyrannical: Conquest points, 495 iLvL
    Elite Tyrannical: Conquest points, after 27k earned during the season, 508 iLvL

Several things lead me to believe this approximate scenario will come to fruition:

Gear will be available in four tiers:
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.
    So, there will be four tiers of gear, which I take to mean 4 tiers of different iLvL each. Also, today's current cosmetic elite set that's of the same iLvL as normal conquest gear doesn't cost any currency. This change leads me to believe that we will be getting some kind of performance enhancement for spending currency on Elite gear.

In terms of relative power, we’re tuning the item levels, PvP Power, and Resilience on the new set of PvP items so that the difference between Malevolent and Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear is similar to the relationship between this season’s Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator’s gear.
    So, with this quote, Blizz mentions they're taking the power disparity and using it as the yardstick to aim for when designing Elite Tyrannical gear. Here's the thing; if Elite and regular Tyrannical gear were of the same iLvL, wouldn't they have just said Tyrannical gear instead of Elite Tyrannical gear? I can't think of why they would mention Elite gear if it had the same exact iLvL as regular Tyrannical gear.

To accomplish the goals of making PvP more accessible and less punishing, gearing more consistent and flexible, and flattening the power curve out over the course of a season, ...
    Here, they mention one of their goals as flattening out the power curve over the course of a season. Most PvP'ers will already skip past the Dreadful crafted tier, as most of us who are currently playing already have our full honor set. So, as a season progresses they want to smooth the power curve. From this, I assume that late in the season after everyone is over the 27k conquest point mark and purchasing Elite Tyrannical gear, ideally, they would like us to be progressing in power at the same rate as we were during the first week of the new season. Thus, another reason why I think Elite Tyrannical gear will be of a higher iLvL than regular Tyrannical gear.
    Stop dating strippers.

No it says right in the post you linked to that it will just be cosmetic changes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Because we already know the ilevels of all this gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No it says right in the post you linked to that it will just be cosmetic changes.
    The 2200 will be but this is what he said on elite gear.
    The reason it's not simply removed is because with this change we are making it so that there's a difference in stats between the normal and elite versions, while it is not nearly as big as the difference between the Malevolent and Tyrannical gear, it's still desirable.