Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only problem with world pvp is that there's not enough of it.

Ruind world pvp? What world pvp? The only "world pvp" I've seen since Crz and mop is level 90's killing and camping lowbies in low level zones. And that aint pvp. Thats.. well.. ganking ><.
    The lost nomadic druid.

Do some arena games every week, and you'll run around in best in slot pvp gear, apart from t2 weapon, wich your ganker most likely won't have eighter.

It's really not that hard.

If you really can't wait do some bg's and be geared in 4 days with the second best set.

Given the alternative of PvE gear detracting from the quality of PvP in its entirety, I really can't say that I care if PvE players die easily now. I'm not unsympathetic by nature, but you're actually complaining that PvP gear gives an advantage in PvP. You have options: get pvp gear of your own, quest in a group, transfer to a pve realm, or just deal with it.

No, you don't have to do battlegrounds to get PvP gear; it's just the most efficient way to get it. If you can't handle dying a bit while you gear up, currency conversion from grinding pve works too.

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Also Sha drops pvp gear.

welcome to the lfr loot system only the lucky get anything bar money from him.

as for the topic since ive started to do arena on my main with a guildie ive gotten a few 483 pieces of pvp gear even at that i'm 2 vp caps away from the win 2 bg's quest witch im dreading not mainly because of the lack of gear but more to do with bots.

i just wish i could conquest cap without having to try and find a rbg team that would take a half pvp geared hunter....

Deleted
    wow is a grinding-based mmo, you cant expect to ding 90 and instantly have BIS gear for pvp, it would be equally ridiculous to expect to automatically have BIS raiding gear. u just gotta bite the bullet and grind the gear. it really isnt hard, u can get crafted items, then conquest cap just from 2v2s/random bg wins. u'll have full honor gear in a matter of days and u'll be getting conquest gear every week.

also: dont whine about being ganked if ur playing on a pvp server. its just silly

I would say the way gear works now is the best it has been yet. I would love to get rid of the grind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    snip
    Long, but great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Is the only solution to be able to survive out in the open grinding battlegrounds with bots?
    No, buy/make yourself a set of contenders and do a little PvP yourself.

You can generally beat people who gank with that gear. They're honestly REALLY bad 90% of the time.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-01-21 at 05:29 PM.

Nope. 40% base resil. You got caught with your wang out in the world unprepared. WPvP isn't for the feint of heart, and a full set of honor gear still lets you plow through dailies and anything else you do out in the world. The normalization of stats between PvP and PvE gear - removing PvP stats from the ilvl budget is largely to thank for this.

I mean - you're talking about World PvP - and complaining about it being gear-dependant - to the degree of whining about people in PvE gear and how they're not good for WPvP. It's always been this way, and in fact, it's a lot better now than it has been in the past. Maybe you should re-roll on a PvE server?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. PvE weapons (especially melee weapons) plus some overpowered heroic trinkets have been widely used in pvp to devastating effect since the game came out. That's why Blizz slapped pvp power on pvp gear. To take the pve gear out of pvp. And to their credit, it has been a success so far.
    Cept if you are in 100% pve gear and that player was in 100% pvp gear the pvp dude would win, unless you really just owned him in skill. Today you can have all the skill you want and you are not killing a 100% pvp player in pve gear. His auto attacks will kill you first.

Its not hard to do bgs, u get more honor than u used to. Or just buy crafted gear? Y should u get pvp gear just to do pve content, when pve trinkets were op in pvp, we still had to pve to get them, we didnt get handed free stuff

P.s. and honestly, in reality, even if u had the gear(considering u want it for defense and not to actually pvp), do u really think u could actually contend with people who pvp? Even the 1500 kids ganking are still usually better than the heroic raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The worst thing Blizzard has done is completely remove incentives to get better at this game.

Making it so that you can trade jp for hp means you don't become better as a player as you gear up.

Making the ilvl gaps absolutley massive and adding in pvp power makes it essentially impossible for you to learn anything while you gear through pvp because of how fast you'll be killed.

Removing rating requirements from all pieces like it was in wotlk and tbc made it so that you played for capping points instead of playing for getting to a certain rating.
    Then why do people say Heroic PvE weapons are better than elite pvp weapons?

And TBC had the lowest rating requirements, IIRC, and those seasons are considered the "best". You can still play to get a certain rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    This has pretty much 0 effect if the opponent has some pvp power.
    My druid has base resilience, a rogue did 320k-ish dmg in one killing spree. I was in catform(I opened first) and when I manage to change to bearform I died.
    My paladin has base resilience and was killed by a holy paladin spamming denounce and holy shock.

So, one on one, base resilience means squat for survival.
    The problem isn't the base resilience but burst being insale high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Then why do people say Heroic PvE weapons are better than elite pvp weapons?
    Nobody says that. Using a PvE weapon in PvP nowadays gives up HALF of your entire PvP power. In other words: hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Making the ilvl gaps absolutley massive and adding in pvp power makes it essentially impossible for you to learn anything while you gear through pvp because of how fast you'll be killed.
    I've geared up in this expansion more than once and I learned plenty about my class each time, as well as how to use my defensive cooldowns and CC so I survive longer and help other's score kills.

I literally was eligible to get globaled in previous expansions gearing up; this expansion? I haven't been legitimately globaled a single time.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-01-22 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I don't see a problem. He's worked for his PvP advantage. End of story.

Oh, and if you don't like gankers, get off the PvP server. Problem solved.
    Exactly, for some reason, they dont realize the people ganking/beating them in pvp gear, had to grind the pvp gear as well

They need to just remove pvp power from pvp gear, make resilience a set baseline amount that cant be increased and then just add to each pvp item a bonus something that is clearly only good for pvp but doesn't work in raids ie: makes a rogues kick cost no energy on hands, reduces cd on cooldown A on head, increases duration of cooldown B on chest etc etc. But make sure to make the bonus's only good enough to make them always the better choice over pve gear but only by maybe 5% or so, so long as its always the best choice it doesnt matter how close behind pve gear is.

The thing i liked most about how things were in vanilla vs how they are in Wrath > MoP was that i could raid then go straight into a battleground with some guildies and have some fun and compete with the gear that I earned or I could get a few stealther friends an go gank in a capital city (which needs to be made possible again), admittedly it sucked for people that didn't raid but then that was only down to the fact pvp gear was sub par compared to pve for the most part, the answer was never to make pvp gear OP vs pve they simply needed to make it more accessible to get and make it slightly better than pve when pvping.

The more people you have geared to be able to compete (even if at a slight disadvantage) in battlegrounds/arena/world pvp the more pvp youll see across the board, people wont hate being ganked (as much), even if there pve'rs, if they stand a chance of winning the fight and youd see more people willing to help out with a ganker if they don't have to consider whether they will end up getting facerolled as well even 2v1 because his equal iLvl gear doesn't have a special stat on it.
    Last edited by Ech0544; 2013-01-22 at 01:10 AM.

They need to just remove pvp power from pvp gear, make resilience a set baseline amount that cant be increased and then just add to each pvp item a bonus something that is clearly only good for pvp but doesn't work in raids ie: makes a rogues kick cost no energy on hands, reduces cd on cooldown A on head, increases duration of cooldown B on chest etc etc. But make sure to make the bonus's only good enough to make them always the better choice over pve gear but only by maybe 5% or so, so long as its always the best choice it doesnt matter how close behind pve gear is.

The thing i liked most about how things were in vanilla vs how they are in Wrath > MoP was that i could raid then go straight into a battleground with some guildies and have some fun and compete with the gear that I earned or I could get a few stealther friends an go gank in a capital city (which needs to be made possible again), admittedly it sucked for people that didn't raid but then that was only down to the fact pvp gear was sub par compared to pve for the most part, the answer was never to make pvp gear OP vs pve they simply needed to make it more accessible to get and make it slightly better than pve when pvping.

The more people you have geared to be able to compete, even if at a slight disadvantage (by that i mean regardless of where there gear came from, if im doing dailys in pve gear cus i forgot to switch to pvp i should still stand some sort of chance in a fight with equal iLvl) in battlegrounds/arena/world pvp the more pvp youll see across the board, people wont hate being ganked (as much), even if their pve'rs, if they stand a chance of winning the fight and youd see more people willing to help out with a ganker if they don't have to consider whether they will end up getting facerolled as well even 2v1 because his equal iLvl gear doesn't have a special stat on it.

World PVP will never happen again.

Want to know why? Because nobody wants a fair fight. They want to be invisible, pop 5 cooldowns, kill someone 20 levels lower than than and run away. THATS world pvp.

And yes I was talking about rogues, but 99% of the people in this game would stay mounted on their flying mounts only until they knew for sure that the odds were stacked so much in their favor that they would win.

The only reason world pvp existed in Vanilla is because their were no BGs.

That not true at all a pve geared hunter, rogue, or mage could beat someone in full pvp gear easily. Warriors and death knights can't touch a good hunter. Mages can just straight up kite someone all day long have two ice blocks, and massive amount of cc to stop damage. I never understood people who whined about pve gear in bgs if your good enough it was just a damage boost.

Btw this is in a cata and wotlk perspective haven't played a dps at 90 yet leveling a rogue.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-01-22 at 11:17 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.