Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    I'm sure a lot of them were told that. So they went and made a logical argument that bodily autonomy is garunteed in the constituition, and that prohibiting abortions violates that.
    The only argument people have managed to form here is that "Women having babies is sexist because they can get abortions."

Thats like saying "Men having urinals is sexist, why do they get 2 options???? I don't care that they are different, because options!"
    Women don't want urinals. It would be uncomfortable to use. Try again.

Thats just basic supply and demand. Its not that women aren;t allowed urinals, or that society says they can't have them because they are women. Its because they do not want them.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    In a world of abortions that do not require a medical reason to undertake them we extend the ability for women to make that call after becoming pregnant. In the interest of fairness we should extend men the same opportunity.
    "In the interests of fairness" isn't a justification for that. In the interests of fairness men should have to undergo the pain of pregnancy and childbirth, as well as periods.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Women don't want urinals. It would be uncomfortable to use. Try again.

Thats just basic supply and demand. Its not that women aren;t allowed urinals, or that society says they can't have them because they are women. Its because they do not want them.
    Hey it doesn't have to be exactly a urinal, just a different option.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Funny you should say that because this whole thread is about men playing the victim card.
    Im aware of that. Wanna add a followup that is somewhat relevant to the topic. I have a high hostility to fathers who walk out on their children (Which IMO is the reason why so many minority children end up on the streets or in prison

"In the interests of fairness" isn't a justification for that. In the interests of fairness men should have to undergo the pain of pregnancy and childbirth, as well as periods.
    I'd say that my solution isn't about inflicting pain on others, but you don't believe that suffering for women caused by choosing to keep children they can't afford is self inflicted.

They do by being there for the woman, working and stuff, but i guess that doesn't further your point. For the last 20 000 years men had to earn the right to reproduce by doing stuff and all women had to do is be there and have an uterus. It was never fair.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-21 at 09:07 PM.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:55 PM ----------

Hey it doesn't have to be exactly a urinal, just a different option.
    Darenyon, if you want different options in your bathrooms, I would never oppose that, and would literally be all in favor of it. I am under the thought process that people should be happy, comfortable, and free in their bathroom experience, and nothing about the female bathrooms should be changed because of the male bathroom. So you start a poll about wanting female urinals or troughs, and I will 100% vote in favor of it =]

I'd say that my solution isn't about inflicting pain on others, but you don't believe that suffering for women caused by choosing to keep children they can't afford is self inflicted.
    Women suffer when they get an abortion. Women suffer when they give up their child. They suffer when they raise it alone. A lot more than men do by paying a bit of wages.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They do by being there for the woman, working and stuff, but i guess that doesn't further your point. For the last 20 000 years men had to earn the right to reproduce by doing stuff and all women had to do is be there and have an uterus.
    This shows a profound lack of understanding of the history of male and female relations. Not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    For the last 20 000 years men had to earn the right to reproduce by doing stuff and all women had to do is be there and have an uterus.
    Unbridled contempt for women? None to be found in this thread!

But really, ladies and gentlemen, the MRM!

Women suffer when they get an abortion. Women suffer when they give up their child. They suffer when they raise it alone. A lot more than men do by paying a bit of wages.
    The difference is women are suffering the consequences of their own choices, not someone else's choices.

Thank you for using the correct acronym this time.

This shows a profound lack of understanding of the history of male and female relations. Not surprising.
    I forgot to add that it was never fair.

In a world of abortions that do not require a medical reason to undertake them we extend the ability for women to make that call after becoming pregnant. In the interest of fairness we should extend men the same opportunity.
    There is no fair option to that, an abortion ends life so the only fair opportunity would be to allow the man the option to kill the child. What men want is the opportunity to walk away from the child free and clear. Lets not dress up what each thing does in an attempt to make it look better or to make ourselves feel better about the choices we make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Im aware of that. Wanna add a followup that is somewhat relevant to the topic. I have a high hostility to fathers who walk out on their children (Which IMO is the reason why so many minority children end up on the streets or in prison
    I will not say that is the main reason but I am not going to talk about race on this board because this is a horrible place to do and some of the people on this forum think so lowly of black people. Someone even posted a link to the Stormfront so race on here is a no go, for me at least.

The difference is women are suffering the consequences of their own choices, not someone else's choices.
    Men suffer the consequences of their choices as well. Its not a woman's responsibility to absolve him of those consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Unbridled contempt for women? None to be found in this thread!

I don't feel like this is contempt at all, but maybe a exaggerating instead.

It is contempt if I said the same thing about men I would be labeled as a man hater.

Well, that's one way to shrug off plain misogyny - just say he doesn't really mean it.

Well, that's one way to shrug off plain misogyny - just say he doesn't really mean it.
    Didn't really mean that females in the animal kingdom often choose their male mates by which wins in a fight, is more colorful, stronger, bigger etc?

Didn't really mean that females in the animal kingdom often choose their male mates by which wins in a fight, is more colorful, stronger, bigger etc?
    If you're not willing to condemn someone saying "all women had to do is be there and have a uterus", it says a lot.

Thank you for using the correct acronym this time.
    Really? Men don't make any choices that lead to having a child?

Are men just really stupid?

If you're not willing to condemn someone saying "all women had to do is be there and have a uterus", it says a lot.
    I do think he exaggerated it in a way that wasn't cool. I wouldn't say it like he did.

II wouldn't say it like he did.
    But you basically think the same thing?