Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You make it sound like they MUST play an MMO, some people just stop playing, you know. I for one stopped playing WoW and have played more of other games with my free time, I've never thought that I must play an MMO every step of my life. But for me, personally, it will most likely always be WoW or nothing in terms of playing mmo's
    Gotta agree with this. When I quit WoW for a few months during Cata, along with the other 3 million or so people, I tried other games. I never saw a noticeable increase in players in any of them so it wasnt like they were going to other games. Also SWToR I dont think gained many people by going F2play and I go back to GW2 a few days every now and then the cities are ghost towns. Also Diablo 3 is lucky if they still have 1/10th of their box sales as terrible as that game turned out. I just think people are getting tired of MMOs. Been playing them for almost 15 years now. Thats probably longer than a lot of WoW players have even been alive.

Between 500K and 1M drop.

Dailies hurted more than people realize. Many people are still attached to annual pass though. If they keep the current direction with dailies, more will drop for the next one.

Overall revenue will be up. Several pets and mounts, and people now buy more pets because there is actually something to be done with them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    People expecting a dip in subs have no idea what they are talking about.

Dip in subs in Cata happened because of a clear content void. They've clearly given players something to do this expac, either subs stay still or rise up.
    Dips in initial Cata were because of bad tuning. GC even made a blog about it. Lack of content wasnt an issue untill mid 4.1.

Dailies have made several hundres of thousands people unsub. CRZ made another part quit.

IMO oyu dont know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-01-22 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I go back to GW2 a few days every now and then the cities are ghost towns.

Lion's Arch is in overflow from 6 am to Midnight 7 days a week on just about every server. No one hangs out in the other cities.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lion's Arch is in overflow from 6 am to Midnight 7 days a week on just about every server. No one hangs out in the other cities.
    Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why is that?
    Portal hub & Dungeon token vendors.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-01-22 at 02:29 AM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Dec. 24th - just in time to save the 4th qtr numbers.
    Yep the good old Fluff like SOR, AP, RAF discounts etc

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Didnt know that was wondering where everyone was lol. Gonna hop over there while waiting for my dungeon queue to pop and see whats what.

Maybe they'll announce a goddamn expansion that actually continues in WOTLK's excellent footsteps that doesn't a: resurrect a dead boss killed in Warcarft 2 and revived in kanaak's terrible work b: build its lore on the most obscure and retarded 5 minute appearance in Warcraft history.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Down to 9 million subs. I think people underestimate the amount of folks that buy an expansion just for the leveling content.
    ^This.

Probably flat or a slight decline.

I ran into a alot of people(like me) who bought the xp and leveled up thier favorite toons and totally enjoyed it. Then the grind set in and we said don't think so. See ya next expansion.
    But on a positive note. It was a really good expansion.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You make it sound like they MUST play an MMO, some people just stop playing, you know. I for one stopped playing WoW and have played more of other games with my free time, I've never thought that I must play an MMO every step of my life. But for me, personally, it will most likely always be WoW or nothing in terms of playing mmo's.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 01:39 AM ----------

I'm also going to play "the game is getting old" card. Some people move on and that's just how it is. Whilst you can have your opinion, to literally say there is no chance at all for the sub's to decline is a little bit on the stupid side.
    And to have an argument based on "the game is old" is stupid. Considering the game today isn't close at all to the game of 2004. It's constantly changing and they've improved the beginner experience. People leave due to being burned out, and then people also join due to discovering what an amazing game it is.

You're going to have to use a better argument then "this game is old" because I've clearly outlined why they aren't going to lose subs and WHY they lost them the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Yep the good old Fluff like SOR, AP, RAF discounts etc
    Let's not forget the lack of bots being banned. Blizzard is a great fluffer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    And to have an argument based on "the game is old" is stupid. Considering the game today isn't close at all to the game of 2004. It's constantly changing and they've improved the beginner experience. People leave due to being burned out, and then people also join due to discovering what an amazing game it is.

You're going to have to use a better argument then "this game is old" because I've clearly outlined why they aren't going to lose subs and WHY they lost them the first time.
    No, it really isn't. Many people hop ships to another game (like GW2) because the graphics are much better, WoW is more than clearly dated in the current year, just compare it to other games. No, this isn't the reason everyone quits but it's a factor for some people. To call it an argument as well is funny, I'm just stating how this influences why some people leave and it most definitely does.

You've clearly outlined why you think they won't lose subs, just because you're having a good time doesn't mean everyone else is. Seems like you're basing it off personal experience which is quite ironic when you say my reason is stupid. You might like dailies, pet battles, or whatever else they've implemented to attempt to keep people busy, but other people won't, and that's why there's always a chance for them to lose players.

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    Interesting majority thinking decline.
    Not too surprising, since a fraction of people will just play a bit after an expansion releases and leave until the next expansion. It would be remarkable if subs didn't decline. I also expect the grindy nature of MoP will have taken its toll.

The real test of the staying power of the game may be Q1 and Q2 of 2013.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Fairly large drop in subs, Mists is a great expansion to me, but it's upset a hell of a lot of people.
    Blizzcon
    Lots of "oo, look at us, we're releasing things soon, people will love it" crap to flog to the stockholders as per.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

2 Mil DROP

Reasons:

-Post xpac bump over.
    -No Asia launch xpac bump to fail back on, first worldwide release.
    -Last annual passes are up
    -Content Drought, Daillies, CRZ, color of Jania's hair, color of the sky, pissed in your Wheaties this mourning, Ghostcrawler is a terrorist sleeper agent from Mars...you pick.
    -I just got a feeling on this number.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt be suprised if its around 6 million less now, the game has really gone down fast.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I wouldnt be suprised if its around 6 million less now, the game has really gone down fast.
    Definitely not.

10 million is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You expect roughly the size of the entire playerbase of EU and US combined to have stopped playing over the course of 3 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You expect roughly the size of the entire playerbase of EU and US combined to have stopped playing over the course of 3 months?

Yeah, I don't know it seems pretty dead across the board, and since i came on in BC it seems more dead than that. So yeah I agree my estimate is high, but I am going by mostly what i am experiencing in game, I wouldnt be suprised 6 Million
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play it safe and say around 9 mil.

Mainly due to all the complaints and "I QUIT!" threads I've seen lately.