Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    RC. Just RC. Even math folks say its RC.
    OR blood tap. both are fine. There will be times that BT will be the only real choice (H sha for example) but in general they are about equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    At first I was pretty intimidated by BT due the micromanagement that comes with it. Now, never going back RE, maybe RC for content where survivability doesn't matter, but otherwise BT all the way.

Granted, Blood is only my offspec, but I have little trouble managing BT. It's all about setting your interface up properly. I prefer it to the other two for the choice it gives me. RC doesn't give me much of a choice at all and gaming RE isn't reliable enough for my taste. But this is really not a gamebreaking decision, as others have pointed out. Take whatever feels best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    At first I was pretty intimidated by BT due the micromanagement that comes with it. Now, never going back RE, maybe RC for content where survivability doesn't matter, but otherwise BT all the way.
    This is pretty much all that needs to be said.

If you're contemplating switching over to BT, do it. Get a charge tracker like WeakAuras and simply play with BT for a day or two, you'll eventually get the hang of it and will love yourself every time you get that extra Death Strike in when it really matters and not when RC dictates.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

If I tanked more then as our emergency, I'd worry about it more, but currently I'm the highest DPS we have in most encounters, so I tend to not screw with my playstyle TOO hard mid-content, it's why I'm a bit leery of changing specs and the like, what I'm doing right now works, and works WELL.

Ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    I love that these threads even exist... the fact that people still have their own opinions about it means Blizzard have actually done what they set out to do and made a pretty balanced tier.

Even for DPS, if you're not pushing for a #1 WoL rank as 2h frost then blood tap is still competitive due to death runes being freely available for SR, banked for burn phases and having less time with runes unsynchronised etc. Would prob argue that RC's not great for DW though.

I love BT as Blood... just feels right o.O

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    I love that these threads even exist... the fact that people still have their own opinions about it means Blizzard have actually done what they set out to do and made a pretty balanced tier.
    Agreed wholeheartedly, it seems they've hit the target pretty well.

Even for DPS, if you're not pushing for a #1 WoL rank as 2h frost then blood tap is still competitive due to death runes being freely available for SR, banked for burn phases and having less time with runes unsynchronised etc. Would prob argue that RC's not great for DW though.
    I actually believe someone a while back came up with a profile for 2H Frost using BT that actually performed better than with RE. It had something to do with saving BT charges for KM-OBs.

I love BT as Blood... just feels right o.O
    I was personally pretty skeptical about using BT at first, but it simply grew on me once I started using it. Just the fact that it returns death runes makes it far more versatile than the other options.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Would probably play with RC if I was doing something that required too much concentration to use BT, but I don't think there's anything in WoW currently that can make me concentrate THAT much. Simple reason that you can still RS as RC when your runes look like xBxFxU and not lose anything from it, thus enabling you to keep a spare DS banked for emergency situations.

Although I got very used to playing with RE, I hated it, hate it now and won't go back to it.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I think I may go to RC first to test it out, and then try BT after a couple hours of RC to see where I stand.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because for the longest time, Blood DK's only had RE and wished they had access to RC.

Now we have that access and people still use RE.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Why anyone WOULDN'T use BT as a tank is beyond me. Its benefits are completely obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Now we have that access and people still use RE.
    Most don't. Certainly the people who complained about RE don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Why anyone WOULDN'T use BT as a tank is beyond me. Its benefits are completely obvious.
    Some don't like the micromanagement of BT. Some don't like RCs way of rune return. RE used to be fine in Cata with old (bugged) BT, now it's pretty meh. Maybe some people just don't like the change.

You don't have to micromanage BT though.
    You can macro it to death strike and still have superior survivability.

Blood Tap.

It's on-demand runes; why you wouldn't choose it, especially as a Tank when you need to be using it when you want it, not just when you have to use it so you don't get capped is beyond me.

It's not hard at all to use, you simply press a button once or twice before hitting another ability, usually Death Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    blood tap due the control with it, despite the fact i loved my corruption back in cata as uh ... blood tap just gives more control creatin runes to death strike when i actually need/want em
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    You don't have to micromanage BT though.
    You can macro it to death strike and still have superior survivability.
    Except that makes it pretty much the same as using RE = crap.

Macroing it to DS is silly, if you're going to macro to anything, use Rune Strike.

It's not the same as using RE, because it gives a death rune. It doesn't need to be gamed. To compensate for that it is less efficient than RE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Except that makes it pretty much the same as using RE = crap.
    with 5% less throughput to boot.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swapped last night from using Runic Corruption, to Blood Tap. I wasn't thrilled about micromanaging another resource, so I macroed it to Rune Strike.

My survivability definitely went up. I wish now I had been using Blood Tap all this time. =/
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.