Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mass reflect, even a level 85 Warrior has it, go away.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    which is it? resilience? shockwave? charges? defensive stance? second wind? what is the problem. cause nerfing everything doesn't fix the problem. it creates a new one.
    You both are wrong, learn to read the other threads or don't bother posting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Some math of mine in a similar thread where a Warrior had to hypothetically survive a 3 stuns that resulted in a total duration of 10.5 seconds. The Warrior in question had 380k health and 65% Resilience and was not in Defensive Stance. The 34k dps number is the damage per second required to take a Warrior from 30% health to 0% by the end of the stun duration. If you look through that full section of math, you'll see that Second Wind is responsible for about 13k of the 34k dps required to make that kill happen, and factors PvP Resil, PvP Power, and Battle Stance.

I know the warrior in question wasn't geared like my example Warrior, but my point is that Second Wind is quite the potent defense mechanism when a Warrior is taken into the sub-35% range. It raised this Warrior's effective health by about 220k health in this scenario.
    The problem here, isn't how much DPS is required to kill him, it's that the OP (his words, not mine) claims to have high-40k range of DPS, even if it were against all odds and the OP had to make up 20k DPS, he had another 20 to spare easily. Which is what I'm saying. Either the OP isn't telling the whole truth, or it takes more than the average 15k DPS to out-damage SW. I think the former is more true than the latter. But of course, since I was one of the only real testers, and (sorry guys), my test is incomplete. Nobody knows for sure. All of you can spout numbers, none of you can prove anything unless you test thoroughly. (and none of you have besides me)

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Mass Reflect - 1 minute cooldown, 5 second window, reflects ONE spell, warriors ONLY form of magic damage protection.

Do you even know warrior mechanics or are you just spouting nonsense?
    And it takes how long to learn which skill is among the highest DPS among a certain class? OR at the very least, what it takes to set up a combo to dish out the most damage? It only takes a single MR to stop the combo, against even the most OP of Mages, try again.

-Edit- Actually, don't try again, because it just dawned on me. You're not trying to get down to the bottom of this, you're trying to dispute caster vs warrior. Sorry bro, but given equal skiill, your caster class is going to be eaten. I don't say that because I'm some sort of mage /lock fanboy, but because that's how classes work. Come back after you hit glad a few years running, you don't know what's up.
    Last edited by Sparky_b; 2013-01-22 at 11:26 AM.

And it takes how long to learn which skill is among the highest DPS among a certain class? OR at the very least, what it takes to set up a combo to dish out the most damage? It only takes a single MR to stop the combo, against even the most OP of Mages, try again.
    are you honestly trying to say in a 3 v 3 for example, reflecting ONE spell in a combo from 3 players makes or breaks the entire combo? Ohh wow i totally stopped that frostbomb, now i'm safe from all the warlock dots on me and the frost nova and the fear....oh wait no I'm not.

The amount of people who seem to forget mechanics are balanced around Arena 3 v 3, and not there imaginary 1 v 1 scenarios bewilders me.

Not only is that what I would expect out of a novice arena player, but a person who never does much for duels. Those, against all odds, are one and the same. I'm not going to be an asshole, so I already know you've fought a ton of 1v1s in Arenas, not because it was what either team planned, it just came down to that. And among those, how many times was that against a DPS? Chances are that's a better than 1/2 odds. Not just because 3/3 is 2 DPS per team, but because you burn the heals....dur. And among those, who were Warriors? You can check my threads here, I'm not being biased. Matter fact my current team is L/S/R, I'm currently 2900. Warriors aren't bad, you just need to look out for them, get them away, lead them, etc.... But of all that, not saying anybody here is noob, who actually knows how to deal with mechanics like SW and TFB procs? If not look at AJ, most of us in the higher ranks do.... So what's your problem?

-Edit- Changed class to team. Just thought I'd be thorough.
    Last edited by Sparky_b; 2013-01-22 at 12:03 PM.