Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A new race NOT in lore

basically a race that isnt in the lore that you would add. something that isnt really in wow or atleast not a main thing. so nothing like ogres or elves or ethereal.

me personally id love to have a lion like race kind of like this maybe obviously alliance since the lion is their symbol

also a rabbit man race or maybe even a race of many critter like people like raccoons and bunnies. they would be kind of comic relieve but also badass. like rocket raccoon from guardians of the galaxy. i imagine theyd be like this

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    They updated the frog model for a reason bro.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Elin

<_<

>_>

^_^

But seriously, Angel-People. Why? because Angel-People
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-01-22 at 03:05 PM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Pandas.

No but seriously: Shark-people.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Elin

<_<

>_>

^_^

their racial could be free flying with their wings
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    They updated the frog model for a reason bro.....
    I lol'd more than I should have.

Frog people have my vote. We already have fish people, why u no frog.

Also, Hypnotoad as their leader.

Deleted
    Yes, toad people. To bad Rash, Pimple and Zit are already in game. They would have been the meanest warriors in WoW.

And while we are at amphibians, why no turtles? Ninja turtles?

Deleted
    I wish we could do something more interesting than (Animal)-people or exerts from Tolkien. But I suppose it's easier and typically more effective that way as they seem more 'plausible' to us.

That said, Draenei and Ethereals aren't (animal)-people, and they seem to fit in ok.

Deleted
    Not animal you say?
    What about a blob people. They could transform in all weird different shapes. Change placement of "arm" to suit the situation. And they could come in all wacky colours. Some might even grow hair for the sake of customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Elin

<_<

>_>

^_^

TERA goes free to play next month, take yer loli's back there.

I want to see some plant people, you already have stone and metal. You already have cases of animals being changed by magical energies so the same could happen with plants.

And not ents or bog people.

Quote Originally Posted by gcmandrake View Post
    I wish we could do something more interesting than (Animal)-people or exerts from Tolkien. But I suppose it's easier and typically more effective that way as they seem more 'plausible' to us.

That said, Draenei and Ethereals aren't (animal)-people, and they seem to fit in ok.
    Draenei are a bad example because people disliked them a lot when they were made. And ethereals are mummys made of energy, their customization would be very limited.

When a playable race is added, they need it to be easy to identify, panda-people, cow-people, wolf-people and already known fantasy races work, original ideas are usually very controversial because "they don't fit".

If they want to create a new race, it has to be similar to something we have seen before, (animal)-people is the only choice they have of being somewhat original. With that in mind, I demand PLATYPUS people!

Deleted
    Something not based on any exisiting creature animal or whatever. There's lots of stuff you could do, there can probably be as many ideas as there are people. I would go with something more human-looking like the Sith purebloods from SW. A more sinister race that thrives on hate.

A race based on shed feathers from Malfurion's arm.

Valkyries!!! Oh wait...

Deleted
    Someone called for elemental-like race?

PS: not really elemental

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I want to see some plant people, you already have stone and metal. You already have cases of animals being changed by magical energies so the same could happen with plants.

And not ents or bog people.
    yeah i would also like a race of plant people
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They'd have to get pretty creative to make a new race that isn't half-animal (Tauren, Taunka, Worgen, Yaungol, Mantid, Pandaren, Furbolg, Quilboar, Saurok, Kobold, the list goes on...), or already established in other fantasy worlds (Dwarves, Elves, Orcs,..) while still making them seem like they fit without seeming completely like sci-fi aliens (See: Draenei). Doubt they'd be able to make something up that's COMPLETELY original and still fits both visually and lore-wise.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    I didn't click on the original link because I figured Angel-People was self explanatory until you made that comment.

So then I had to look...

...and now I understand your comment!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    Hey, at least I didn't suggest Popori
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.