Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ganking in Vanilla is different than Ganking in expansions after. In vanilla, lowbies had a chance against a max level if they all banded together. I actually remember camping lvl 60s on my shaman with a group of 40s. In Mists, they just 1shot you and fly away. "PvP", sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    I have encountered many honorable players on PVP servers as well. If they were several levels above me they would simply /smile or /wave or whatever. This is what I was referring to.
    What you're describing is a PvE server. Where "honorable" behaviour is enforced.

PvP servers exist solely to allow for dishonorable no-holds-barred PvP.

People keep saying "I just want a server where I can PvP but 90s can't just gank me all day long". That's a PvE server. Nobody's making fun of you for preferring a PvE server. We're just asking that you play on them, rather than trying to turn PvP servers into PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    by the way, the best tip if you are being camped is to log out for 5mins, the ganker usually gets bored then and flies off, works most of the time.
    That has been my fail safe strategy since originally leveling in STV (when it was referred to as Vietnam). My line of thinking has remained unchanged: 'Hey look! This dude's bored enough to try to ruin my day; looks like it's time to give that toon a 15-20 minute break and do some AH work instead.'

Sometimes the offender(s) catch up with me again, but if that's the case I'll usually just take an hour break at that point. There are *plenty* of things I can think of doing instead of leveling an alt.

Deleted
    I don't mind players ganking my lowbies but I hate those guys who run around lowbie zones killing the quest givers over and over again.

More server transfer fees!! Yayy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't want restriction, I just want meaningful world PVP, give people stuff to do out in the world that involves PVP, that's meaningful, and you'll at least dent a good portion of would-be ganking right there. Something like that doesn't even seem like it'd be hard to do, even, and I'm confused as to why Blizzard doesn't bother.

What people WRONGFULLY assume is that most people are ganking because they "suck" or "they're bad" or something. I'd be willing to bet that at least 75% of the people who do it do it for one reason: They're out in the world, and they're bored. I mean, seriously, what the hell else are you going to be doing in a low level zone? They're pretty damned boring at max level.
    But they have bothered actually. Patch 5.1 is a good example. They set up daily quest hubs where alliance and horde are on fair and equal grounds. World PvP happens ALOT in this area of Krasarang.

I still see Haala world PvP in Nagrand WITH FULL 90s. Ring of Blood quest area, there are 90s everywhere killing eachother, its glorious. Wintergrasp people are still queing up for it, tol barad. The list goes on and on.

Let me ask you this question: Other than max level areas, when is it okay in your book to engage in world PvP as a max level character? Only in max level zones? Give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think about this response from Blizzard?
    It's ok. People always have the option to roll PvE or log onto another character, so while Inconvenient and frustrating at times, it doesn't prevent anyone from playing.

However condoning ganking and thus driving people away from PvP realms, is a rather short sighted approach. Guess time will tell if PvP realms collapse or stabilize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think anyone has ever made a claim that you shouldn't be allowed to gank on a pvp server, just that you're an insecure jerk for doing so.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    That´s what it should have been. But please open your eyes and wake up. There is no PvP in World of Warcraft. If you are interested in PvP go to the minigames called BG, RBG or Arena or perhaps to the new beach in Krasarang Wilds. But there is no PvP in the open world. Do you really think I feel like "damn, a real skiller pwned me hard in true PvP" when I´m ganked? Not really. It´s more "Damn, one more of these worthless sh*tf*cks. His day must have been really shitty to be that frustrated. I hope he feels a bit better now." To make sure he gets better soon, I´ll let him kill me three or five times more. But then it has to be enough. There are more losers to satisfy.
    You absolutely dont get it do you? I mean you are completely clueless arent you?

The warning didnt say when you rolled on your PvP server: "Warning, by chosing this realm type you are endangered of being killed in any contested zone, except for when you are doing focused leveling and not wanting to be bothered, then you wont be flagged for PvP and you can actually opt out of it"

Jay...it has been said many times before this lol
    and I still disagree with it, and think it has gotten worse with CRZ

There is a difference between Ganking and Harrassing. Camping a lowbies body for extended periods of time is not ganking. It is harrassing. Killing a lowbie you flew over is perfectly fine and part of the risk of pvp servers.

Deleted
    They shouldn't have to point out the obvious, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only reason to do so would be if you think ganking is "wrong" and that the unfairness is not a desirable quality.

PvP servers exist specifically and primarily to allow for ganking and griefing, with all of the unfairness inherent to that kind of gameplay. If you don't like it, that's fine. I'm not trying to claim that PvP servers are the "real" servers, or that you're wrong or somehow inferior for not liking it. But if you don't, then play on PvE servers. That's what they're for; a more structured PvP experience where you can't be forced into PvP against an overly strong opponent you have no chance of beating.
    I´m not so sure about this. It´s not legit to do everything that isn´t forbidden. I like the PvP ruleset, because we have the freedom to start a fight. For my part, I still need a reason to fight. It´s a good reason if someone grabs my herbs, ore or if we need the same mobs for a quest. "Because I can" is no valid reason. Otherwise I had to steal candy from little kids in RL as well.
    Of course everyone has to decide for himself, what a valid reason is. This might differ by a wide margin. But "Because I can and because it annoys you"? Hmmm, this is really undignified and would put me in a bad light for others and especially myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But they have bothered actually. Patch 5.1 is a good example. They set up daily quest hubs where alliance and horde are on fair and equal grounds. World PvP happens ALOT in this area of Krasarang.

I still see Haala world PvP in Nagrand WITH FULL 90s. Ring of Blood quest area, there are 90s everywhere killing eachother, its glorious. Wintergrasp people are still queing up for it, tol barad. The list goes on and on.

Let me ask you this question: Other than max level areas, when is it okay in your book to engage in world PvP as a max level character? Only in max level zones? Give me a break.

My server must be different. No one freaking ever does tol barad or Wintergrasp anymore I wish they did. I'm now interested to go and see if CRZ has affected the Outland stuff, though. That'd be good. I want more stuff like that. The 5.1 stuff is mostly boring on my server, since the panda-land has no CRZ, and our server is like... 80% Horde (I'm also horde, btw). So there's very rarely anything to kill in it. Infact, that's another thing. I really wish they'd turn CRZ on Pandaria for these unbalanced servers. It's annoying seeing very few people out in the new areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is just the age old excuse the whiners and people who are actually bad themselves at PvP give. You can always try to find a way to make yourself feel better about being destroyed by 1 single ice lance, it helps rebuild confidence.
    Why do 99% of people ganking lowbies run away when i come back with my main then? The only age one excuse is they are doing it to try and get people to get their mains. When people actually do they run away leaving a steak of piss a mile long.

They have already said that any form of ganking/camping play is fine on pvp realms. Its not news. Most people complain that those who do it are utter shit bags. Those people are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    There is a difference between Ganking and Harrassing. Camping a lowbies body for extended periods of time is not ganking. It is harrassing. Killing a lowbie you flew over is perfectly fine and part of the risk of pvp servers.
    Not according to the PvP server rules, which explicitly allow for camping as legitimate PvP behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    My server must be different. No one freaking ever does tol barad or Wintergrasp anymore I wish they did. I'm now interested to go and see if CRZ has affected the Outland stuff, though. That'd be good. I want more stuff like that. The 5.1 stuff is mostly boring on my server, since the panda-land has no CRZ, and our server is like... 80% Horde (I'm also horde, btw). So there's very rarely anything to kill in it. Infact, that's another thing. I really wish they'd turn CRZ on Pandaria for these unbalanced servers. It's annoying seeing very few people out in the new areas.
    In my experience outlands is very populated by high lvls....the alliance are in thrallmar and then the horde are in honor hold though lol

Blizz keeps posting this about PvP servers. If you don't like being bullied by small boys who cannot find flies to pull wings off, reroll on a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Blizz keeps posting this about PvP servers. If you don't like being bullied by small boys who cannot find flies to pull wings off, reroll on a PvE server.
    Or stop making alts...which is what I did.
    It just sucks for my friends who are trying to get 90 on my server

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Why do 99% of people ganking lowbies run away when i come back with my main then? The only age one excuse is they are doing it to try and get people to get their mains. When people actually do they run away leaving a steak of piss a mile long.

They have already said that any form of ganking/camping play is fine on pvp realms. Its not news. Most people complain that those who do it are utter shit bags. Those people are correct.
    Obviously most gankers aren't looking for a fair fight...if they wanted that a BG is just a click away lol