Thread: Sleeping tips.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    Masturbate relentlessly.
    This so much! do it twice if you still aint sleepy yet. When im home this is the way to go, but when im away on work and share room with other workers and cannot do this i sleep hardly nothing at all.

Also tested meditating? a good 30min should do the trick.

I also can share another trick, or shall we call it a challange? a friend of mine said that i should youtube ''Nyan nyan cat 24 hours'' and check who lasted the longest, and so far i have given it 3 tryes and i fell asleep withing 30 minutes every time!

Also as other said you might be in a phase of change and cannot sleep tnx for it. When i was young and lost my work during winter i got depressed and could not sleep at all that made me play 24 / 7 wow and gosh whenever i was in netherstorm and those pink domes appeared my eyes felt like they gonna bleed!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

10+ Year Old Account
    this may sound silly, but i find putting a pillow between my legs helps at times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    this may sound silly, but i find putting a pillow between my legs helps at times.
    Not silly at all, having a pillow/bolster to prop you up may just make you feel more comfortable and/or secure. I normally forget to use my bolster, out of habit from sleeping in the army (I sleep straight on my back, and it keeps me from falling into a deep sleep most of the time) but when I do remember, I'll have it propped up against my side and part of my back (which means I'll sleep sorta on my side). I sleep really well most of the time when that happens. I don't know why, but it makes me feel better. Feeling better = more restful sleep

I listen to music before I go to bed. Dont turn it up too loud, because it may just keep u up longer

When I was a little boy I used to play the "capture" game to go to sleep. I'd toss a pillow over my eyes, get under a blanket, and pretend I was rumbling around in a robotic exosuit. Then I was "captured" by enemy forces and I'd be like "no, you can't capture me! I will get away!" And I'd squirm a little bit. "no, you're trying to put me to sleep! I refuse" The game would tire me out and I'd fall asleep pretty quickly.

These days, its simpler. I noticed that when I can't get to sleep, I'd typically fall asleep about 30 mins before my alarm went off. So I pretend it is 30 minutes before I have to get up and that's puts me to sleep fast.

Maybe I'm strange.

Reading before bed usually calms me down, sometimes it takes a while but eventually you can get to sleep easily afterwards. Also, the whole white noise thing - I can't sleep without the filter buzz coming from my fishtank

if your having trouble sleeping and its abnormal to your normal sleep schedule. its more than likly something stress related. remember stress isnt just something thats happening right that second.

a mild case of insomnia or stress and impact you big time if your not use to it. sometimes simple changes in life can solve it.. other times youll just have to work your way through what ever problem you are having till your stress levels return to normal.. unfortunately we dont know your whats going on in your life.. hell you may be stressed out about something happening to a family member and it could be keeping you up.. over-thinking and over-worrying are 2 major issues when it comes to not getting a good nights rest..

People can give you walking and hot bath and milk tips all day.. but in the end it will continue until you mentally put an end to whats bothering you or adapt to your new schedule of sleep..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    And this I suggest as well. I've never had any sleeping troubles before in my life, until painmeds ruined my sleeping pattern and I'm unable to get myself thoroughly tired through workout. Started melatonin two weeks ago and I've slept like a baby, and best part is these don't make you groggy in the mornings, quite the opposite I wake up more energetic than in a long, long time.
    Best tips right on the first page, follow them.
    I knew it was only a matter of time before someone else entered the thread who had experienced the wonders of melatonin

Deleted
    I now tried going to sleep with http://www.rainymood.com/ and I did (it's hard to remember the point when you get to sleep) think I did fall asleep faster. I also put my worries of tomorrow to paper. I don't know if that worked but I will do this for this week. I also write down sleeping diary so I can easily check if anything is better now. I will try most of the tips here if these don't help until I have tried them all if needed.

I sometimes get insomnia, especially lately since it's seasonal depression season. I usually just go with it until I end up so exhausted that I just end up resetting my sleep schedule

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dr-pills View Post
    I have now been having sleeping issues for 2 months now. Before I used to sleep 8-9h/night but now I'm only sleeping 4-6h/night and it's becoming an issue now. I'm tired all the time. I went to doctor and he gave me recipe for some sleeping pills but I refused. My mom uses those and she can't sleep anymore without them and I don't want that. Now I have tried many different things to sleep better. Cooling my room to about 17-18°C as someone said this would work but no. Warm milk before sleeping, nope. I have tried walking before sleeping, nope. Any good tips here. I'm willing to try many things as long as there are no pills included in it.

Thanks!
    The more you want to fall asleep, the less chance you have of actually falling asleep. Compare it to having pain somewhere on your body. If you think about it, the pain will be there and will not go away. If you do something else, the pain is still there, but you don't feel it because you are not thinking about it.

Whenever I can't sleep, I just think out loud; actually whisper my own thoughts. At some point, I become to tired to whisper and I'll proceed with just thinking. When I become really tired, I stop thinking alltogether. This should be thoughts about what you have done all day, or about things you like. By doing this, I force myself to become even more tired that I already am and, in the proces, my thoughts are anywhere but with falling asleep.

I also found out that I need to have a full stomach before going to bed.

I always know after five minutes of trying to sleep that it simply will not work. It's a very weird feeling, but I just feel that I won't be falling asleep any time soon.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    I also found out that I need to have a full stomach before going to bed.
    That's horrible for your quality of sleep, since your body can't rest because it has to digest that full stomach of yours.

Deleted
    dont stay in your bed longer as needed. especially during the day try to avoid the bedroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your over 21, I would suggest marijuana. You will be knocked out cold for a good 8 hours.

I have some at home that I use from time to time, if insomnia kicks in. I'm not much of a recreational user anymore, Its mostly for sleep. When I was about 24, I had a hard time sleeping and doing school work / WoW. So I started using it and have not had sleep problems since. Ive tried ambien too, but its far too strong and will sedate you so badly that you will sleep through your alarm clock, and without insurance, its far more expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If your over 21, I would suggest marijuana. You will be knocked out cold for a good 8 hours.

I have some at home that I use from time to time, if insomnia kicks in. I'm not much of a recreational user anymore, Its mostly for sleep. When I was about 24, I had a hard time sleeping and doing school work / WoW. So I started using it and have not had sleep problems since. Ive tried ambien too, but its far too strong and will sedate you so badly that you will sleep through your alarm clock, and without insurance, its far more expensive.
    It does help, but you really have to watch out whether you do sativa or indica. Wrong one and you'll stay wide awake with your mind running million miles an hour. If you have dispensary close to you, ask for a breed that gives you a heavy body high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Exercise during the day. A lot. Work your body hard.
    This, when I stopped being up 18-20 hours+ between sleeping and then started joggning and lifting some wheights I started sleeping alot better. Try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Ambien too strong? ò.o

I've been using zolpidem for a while now and it's not often that it happens that I can't be woken up, though it has happened.. Did you take too high dose or just a normal one? If a normal dose then you're probably just really sensitive to it. :<

Or it might be me that has developped a tolerance to it or something..
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-01-22 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Ambien too strong? ò.o

I've been using zolpidem for a while now and it's not often that it happens that I can't be woken up, though it has happened.. Did you take too high dose or just a normal one? If a normal dose then you're probably just really sensitive to it. :<

Or it might be me that has developped a tolerance to it or something..
    Most likely you've developed a tolerance if you've used it for a while. For example I've built such a huge tolerance to a few opiate painmedications that my doses are massive now after a year and a halves use.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some things that have helped me at various times:

*Melatonin 15-30 mins before bed until problem solved (it's a nutritional aide to resetting your clock, once the problem's fixed you shouldn't need it anymore)
    *Lower temperature/remove clothes in the hour before bed. Cold shower could help, also lying there without covers until you get almost shivery, then adding only one layer at a time as needed. (I see you already tried this but maybe keep giving temperature a shot as part of a whole package)
    *Turning off all lights 2-3 hours before bed
    *No food or drink 3+ hours before bed
    *No caffeine 8 hours before bed (bite the bullet)

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Way off topic but wow, I've always been meaning to find out if others experience this but after having enough people look at me like WTF are you talking about I'd kinda given up. I get this most with soothing lecture type voices and sometimes if a doctor has a good bedside manner. Relaxing, but wouldn't say it'd help me get to sleep in my case

Alot of the times your mind thinks without you, and it keeps me awake. Thats what happens to me. My brain just keeps going and I cant sleep. I eventually trained myself to space out and clear my mind of thoughts, thus putting me to sleep.

Another technique is beating your meat then passing out shortly after.