Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does anyone know what happened to Graf? He disappeared out of no where for vodka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhealsing View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Graf? He disappeared out of no where for vodka.
    Must have been burn out from those dailies.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll get a bump for 5.2, maybe make a push for world first. Then after that they'll supernova in spectacular fashion. It's still the same two guilds, and without a change in the upper levels all the same problems that led to the merger will show up again after the sparkle wears off.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Well if people say dailies is worst feature in a game it might be part of why players quit along with more relevant things such as lack of interest in wow and time restraints.
    Well the worst part of eating food is taking a shit after... doesn't mean I'm going to quit eating food.

Hope they do well though.
    Last edited by lokithor; 2013-01-22 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by vanhealsing View Post
    Probably said screw everything about WoW but didn't want to go through all of the formalities and crap.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    DREAM was an asian guild that got the World First Al'Akir heroic kill (albeit on 10 man). After that is when DREAM Paragon was announced and I believe several of the players from that 10 man started raiding with the normal Paragon members. You could hardly call this a merger, and I'm fairly certain the core 10 man group that raids in DREAM Paragon today is comprised solely of Finnish members before this "merger" occured.

Also as far as the SK-Nihilum merge if you read Buzzkill's Lair over at manaflask he goes into great detail about all the problems that stemmed from the merge. Ensidia never really reached their ultimate goal and in all honesty didn't last long at all when compared to other great 25 man guilds, and Buzzkill cites conflicted leadership along with raiders who loathed playing with each other.

Interested to see how this plays out, especially with egomaniac Kaywarrior at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    If this is true I wish them luck. I'm not surprised people quit world of daily craft after 5.1 either.
    People usually quit because of burnout. You're right that this tier with dailies and rep and VP capping had an especially large amount of burnout. Most hardcore players in the top guilds had to:

- Level 3 characters to 90
    - Grind heroics for all the BiS blue gear on 3 characters
    - Level 2 primary professions on 3 different characters
    - Grind most reputations to revered on 3 characters
    - Continue doing dailies each week for coins on 3 characters
    - Run LFRs for gear upgrades on 3 characters (remember those Will of the Emperor LFR wipes and queue times?)
    - Once 5.1 hit, most hardcore players felt compelled to VP cap on all 3 characters

And they had to fit all that in between doing long hours progression raids during the on weeks, and split heroic raids with alts on the off weeks.

As an ex-vodka player myself I am positive that dailies were a contributing factor for many people who quit.

The problem with this game in its current state is there are too many ingame responsibilities that players feel they can't do what they want. I log on during the weekend and get excited for a second at the prospect of doing some RBGs or arena or maybe level an alt, but then I spend most of my time doing my "chores" of VP/dailies/etc. and don't have time left to do what I actually wanted to do.

Saying those things are optional is a cop out, we play this game to be the best we can be at what we do (raiding, PVP, etc.) and anything that gives us an edge is not considered optional. Might as well not play at all if we're not playing to be the best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    People usually quit because of burnout. You're right that this tier with dailies and rep and VP capping had an especially large amount of burnout. Most hardcore players in the top guilds had to:

- Run LFRs for gear upgrades on 3 characters (remember those Will of the Emperor LFR wipes and queue times?)
    - Once 5.1 hit, most hardcore players felt compelled to VP cap on all 3 characters
    Just gearing 3 characters to a level for heroic raiding is already going to extremes. If anyone can do that, doing a handful of dailies isn't going to break them.

You don't even have to do ALL of the dailies, you'd just need to get enough charms for the 3 coins a week. You aren't going to be buying any VP items, you aren't going to be doing LFR. If youre in raids for heroic bosses, those things are long since outdated.

Raid 6 days a week, and suddenly dailies are what breaks a person? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    That's the thing, once you step into heroic mode raiding, you don't go back down to "normal mode raiding." It's either HM raiding or you quit. Trust me, I know this feeling.

I'm sure it works the same for absolute top tier guilds, once you are at that level and play at that level, you can't easily just step down to a casual guild, at that point you might as well just stop raiding altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Just gearing 3 characters to a level for heroic raiding is already going to extremes. If anyone can do that, doing a handful of dailies isn't going to break them.

You don't even have to do ALL of the dailies, you'd just need to get enough charms for the 3 coins a week. You aren't going to be buying any VP items, you aren't going to be doing LFR. If youre in raids for heroic bosses, those things are long since outdated.

Actually, he's absolutely correct. I know the guild in your signature, and while I'm not sure how long you've been there, I can guarantee that you yourself were required to do Golden Lotus, Tillers, and other related dailies in order to receive VP gear. I know - because I was in that guild start of expansion.

In fact, most US top guilds require said reputations to be revered for applicants. Or at least, did at start of expansion.

Now, imagine doing Golden Lotus, Tillers, August Celestials, and Shado-Pan on at least 3 different characters every day.

Golden Lotus alone is enough to drive a person mad and run them toward burnout. I for one had to take a few weekends off from the game once I reached revered with them.

Moozhe knows what he is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's the thing, once you step into heroic mode raiding, you don't go back down to "normal mode raiding." It's either HM raiding or you quit. Trust me, I know this feeling.

I'm sure it works the same for absolute top tier guilds, once you are at that level and play at that level, you can't easily just step down to a casual guild, at that point you might as well just stop raiding altogether.
    Very true, I've raided Top 10/50 US. Since I stopped, I would never go casual raiding. Hardcore or bust for me, luckily I found a niche in gold making! :3
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-01-22 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    To clarify something, Evodus is just being used as a place holder because there is an inactive guild with the Exodus name on the server. Other than that, this thread is hilarious with regards to speculation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post

And they had to fit all that in between doing long hours progression raids during the on weeks, and split heroic raids with alts on the off weeks.

As an ex-vodka player myself I am positive that dailies were a contributing factor for many people who quit.

The problem with this game in its current state is there are too many ingame responsibilities that players feel they can't do what they want. I log on during the weekend and get excited for a second at the prospect of doing some RBGs or arena or maybe level an alt, but then I spend most of my time doing my "chores" of VP/dailies/etc. and don't have time left to do what I actually wanted to do.

Saying those things are optional is a cop out, we play this game to be the best we can be at what we do (raiding, PVP, etc.) and anything that gives us an edge is not considered optional. Might as well not play at all if we're not playing to be the best we can.
    They're not optional if you're gunning for world first, this is true.

But I do have to agree with GC's assessment of the situation.

It's better that the 3% of Hardcore Raiders have too much to do (5.0), then the 27% of Casual Raiders feel they have nothing to do (4.3).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezarr View Post
    To clarify something, Evodus is just being used as a place holder because there is an inactive guild with the Exodus name on the server. Other than that, this thread is hilarious with regards to speculation.
    I'm still amazed on the whole X people quitting because of dailies part mainly the whole X top tier raider doing HM's all day all hours then all of a sudden NO MOREEEEEEE DAILIESSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH /quit game

Hmm.. another note mindless defender that is literally the first time I have ever heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Actually, he's absolutely correct. I know the guild in your signature, and while I'm not sure how long you've been there, I can guarantee that you yourself were required to do Golden Lotus, Tillers, and other related dailies in order to receive VP gear. I know - because I was in that guild start of expansion.

In fact, most US top guilds require said reputations to be revered for applicants. Or at least, did at start of expansion.

Now, imagine doing Golden Lotus, Tillers, August Celestials, and Shado-Pan on at least 3 different characters every day.

Golden Lotus alone is enough to drive a person mad and run them toward burnout. I for one had to take a few weekends off from the game once I reached revered with them.

Moozhe knows what he is saying.
    I'm talking currently. Everyone should be done with their factions by now, and just doing them for Charms. If you were doing them constantly, then you have a ton of Charms leftover, and won't need to do any dailies. Heck, even at the start, you could only earn 1k VP a week, so maxing out the rep on all the factions immediately didn't net you any advantages, as you could only get a piece every other week basically.

Either way, I have no sympathy on anyone that wants to raid 6-7 days a week to be world 1st, top 10, etc, but then would complain they had to relax and do some mindless quests for a few hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Nothing out of the ordinary. They lost a lot of good players, rather than try to recruit and train up new folks, it made more sense to merge. Now, if only Blizzard would look at their example and merge servers... ;P
    Merging servers are only bad because of one thing and that is character/guild names. If they had like Guild Wars 2 with their unique names it would be no issue at all to merge.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

I don't know. I did heroic raiding ToC-Firelands and dragon soul/MoP are fine for me casually with LFR and such. But to each his own.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

People who care about stuff like this remind me of TMZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance to vodka. Complete toolbags since they went horde. AM should be a relatively pleasant server again.