Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slvlol View Post
    Die by the Sword, Rallying Cry, Demoralizing Banner, Shield Wall. Any of those ring a bell? Like I said, anticipate the swap, it's not a new concept in PvP.
    Damn, wish I played with a genius like you. I mean come on, I said warriors would be susceptible to STUNLOCK SWAPS, in other words TRINKET is the only "defensive" CD warriors have. I bloody well know warriors will survive alright if we're not stunned, I'm saying in a stun without 25% dmg reduction we WILL die if the team is somewhat decent.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    get this threw your head-stance dancing is gone by by a long time ago.why do you thinks it wrong for a warrior is sit in d-stance to reduce damage taken?it does what it supposed to do=reduce damage at the cost of rage.so you think its ok for warriors to sit in b-stance?but not d-stance right?

blizz nerfed d-stance,the rage cost on OP was/is over kill.just like any other thing blizz does,over buffs and over nerfs.

Thing is got to be something that keeps the warrior from being in DEF stance the whole game. With almost everything being free to cast, the warrior has no down side to being in DEF stance in a PvP setting. Should DKs be allowed to sit in Blood 100% of the time and still pump out the kind of dps they do? Or a feral sit in Bear and be able to do his dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Thing is got to be something that keeps the warrior from being in DEF stance the whole game. With almost everything being free to cast, the warrior has no down side to being in DEF stance in a PvP setting. Should DKs be allowed to sit in Blood 100% of the time and still pump out the kind of dps they do? Or a feral sit in Bear and be able to do his dmg?

warrior do less damage in d-stance then in battle stance.we also get less rage,so whats the problem?tell me what stance you want warrior to sit in then?the problem is not d-stance or 2nd wind ect.the probelm is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that.warriors were DESIGNED to give and take a ton of damage "that why we had more Armour and more hitpoints then any other class".warriors are not supposed to be an easy kill,just like f- mages are not an easy kill beacsue of there cc/d's cds.

dks has no restriction on any of there abilities right?they cna sit in blood at the cost of rune power right?so why cant warriors do the same?d stance has been nerfed from 25% to 15%.what more do you want?like i said unerf battle stance an add back in the -% damage reduction,so warriors can just sit in battle stance.or is that wrong also?
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-01-22 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skofuz View Post
    By defensive CDs you of course mean TRINKET right?
    Die by the Sword, Rallying Cry, Shield Wall, Demoralizing Banner. Any of those ring a bell? Anticipating swaps has always been a requirement of being a great warrior. As a result of this change, it matters again.

get this threw your head-stance dancing is gone by by a long time ago.why do you thinks it wrong for a warrior is sit in d-stance to reduce damage taken?it does what it supposed to do=reduce damage at the cost of rage.so you think its ok for warriors to sit in b-stance?but not d-stance right?

blizz nerfed d-stance,the rage cost on OP was/is over kill.just like any other thing blizz does,over buffs and over nerfs.
    15% damage reduction (25% pre-nerf) with 100% up-time is imbalanced, period. Before the overpower change, there was essentially no drawback to sitting in defensive stance the entire time. You could do 80-90% of your maximum damage while having 100% up-time on a 15% (25%) damage reduction from ALL sources. Now you have to actively work to manage your rage and learn to anticipate swaps.
    Last edited by slvlol; 2013-01-23 at 08:09 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because staying in battle will do such a huge difference..

Battle Stance - 12 rage every strike - 3,5 swing timer - 12/3,5 = 3,4 rage /s - hoping it not misses and that it actually hits someone, meaning you have to stay on the target, downtime = zero rage.

Defensive stance - 15(atm)% dmg reduction - 1 rage every 3 second passive. Regardless if you're hitting something or not...

I'm not sure, you make the decision.

only that EVEN if overpower was free there IS a penalty for sitting in defensive stance. You are losing significant dps from the loss of heroic strikes or slams

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 10:24 PM ----------

the problem is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that.
    the million dollar question answered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Yeah, because staying in battle will do such a huge difference..

Battle Stance - 12 rage every strike - 3,5 swing timer - 12/3,5 = 3,4 rage /s - hoping it not misses and that it actually hits someone, meaning you have to stay on the target, downtime = zero rage.

Defensive stance - 15(atm)% dmg reduction - 1 rage every 3 second passive. Regardless if you're hitting something or not...

I'm not sure, you make the decision.

hoping it not misses and that it actually hits someone,
    "

most people are over looking hoe big a nerf that is to MS and rage.if MS misses we do not get an OP proc,so wtf do we do?blizz said it them selfs that MS had to proc OP regardless if it hit or missed.they already tryed it out,but know they try it again,wtf.they never learn.like i said over nerf.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    only that EVEN if overpower was free there IS a penalty for sitting in defensive stance. You are losing significant dps from the loss of heroic strikes or slams

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 10:24 PM ----------

the million dollar question answered
    glad some one besides myself can think outside the box

"

most people are over looking hoe big a nerf that is to MS and rage.if MS misses we do not get an OP proc,so wtf do we do?blizz said it them selfs that MS had to proc OP regardless if it hit or missed.they already tryed it out,but know they try it again,wtf.they never learn.like i said over nerf.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:33 PM ----------

glad some one besides myself can think outside the box
    its my sig now!

warrior do less damage in d-stance then in battle stance.we also get less rage,so whats the problem?tell me what stance you want warrior to sit in then?the problem is not d-stance or 2nd wind ect.the probelm is warriors are not easy to kill like we were in cata and people are mad at that.warriors were DESIGNED to give and take a ton of damage "that why we had more Armour and more hitpoints then any other class".warriors are not supposed to be an easy kill,just like f- mages are not an easy kill beacsue of there cc/d's cds.

dks has no restriction on any of there abilities right?they cna sit in blood at the cost of rune power right?so why cant warriors do the same?d stance has been nerfed from 25% to 15%.what more do you want?like i said unerf battle stance an add back in the -% damage reduction,so warriors can just sit in battle stance.or is that wrong also?
    I don't think and as a warrior I don't sit in any stance. The issue that we have now isn't coming from warriors being harder to kill. Its that warriors are so hard to kill they are not even a valid target for most 3 games and instead are CCed. With almost all of a warrior abilitys being free to use, the penelty from being in DEF stance isn't a big deal. I don't do it, because being a warrior for years now its habbit to swap stances,watch for swaps and try to control the game and not just tunnel dmg. But, as a few in the thread have already said they don't lose DEF stance they stay in it almost if not 100% of the time, this is wrong.

Silly warriors thinking dps wars sitting in def stance 24/7 was an intended design choise.

10+ Year Old Account
    its my sig now!
    lmfao nice

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are broken. Always has been and will be.

Blizzard has nerfed warriors totally. Oh yah, buff the DMG from slam.. Np We're also giving overpower rage cost. Say what?
    Rallying cry and other shouts can be silenced.. Wait what?
    Disarm before Die by the sword or Shield Wall.. Waste your trinket to remove the disarm -> BAM full 6 sec STUN!
    Spell reflect? 25 second CD
    Defensive stance? 15% dmg reduction, but sadly no rage for abilities..
    Plate? No worries, is so bad that it doesn't matter anymore.. Rogues and DK pierce through it like a leafshield. Casters go straight through it..

But you got mobility... 2 charge and one leap... Two charges that are first of all bugged. If you press the charge too fast you waste both charges. Even with two charges it's useless as current CC problem with warrior. Heroic Leap? Broken most of the times you want it to go on. Major delay, by the time you're at the target, they're gone.

Oh you say you got intervene and banners? Tried them? All of the banners expect the skull banner are extremely bad made. Delayed as hell. Trying to put the banner out and intervene a nova? You're spending most likely 2 sec on doing so.. By that time you're most likely in a deep freeze.

I could go on forever. Good I quit WoW.. I lurk these threads to see how it's going. But for my taste it's terrible. Of course warriors will be viable, but it's going to be limited. I was taken down from rogues in stuns, depsite my trinket.. from 100% to 5% with the 25% defensive stance. I guess that with the 15% defensive stance they're going to be able to take us down pretty easy. In addition to that, they nerfed second wind. Oh god. Why not just remove second wind. Remove defensive stance from arms. Remove the extra charge and leap. Take away out mobility and the few silly defensive cds we have. Then we're back at Cataclysm 2,0. But of course worse..

Before I even consider returning WoW back again I'm hoping changes like these..

Shield Wall - Remade into a fitting change for Arms that has no requirment of 1hand and shield.
    Spell reflect - Same
    Die by the sword - Same
    Rallying Cry and Shout - Can be casted while silenced.

Changes that impact gameplay directly

OP rage cost - Removed or changed to 5 at worst scenario.
    Stop buffing Slam to hit harder than Mortal Strike.. Makes no sense that our main ability is weaker than our dump ability.
    Revert Second wind. AFfected by Battle Fatigue and Wound - Unaffected by PvP Power.
    Take a serious look at glyphs...
    Bladestorm DMG increased. Shockwave reverted for PvE..
    Heroic Throw changed. Blizzard can't really mean that a throw strike that deals 3k on a clothier is good enough. It has a 30 sec CD.

Change those and I might look into it. Currently the Warrior class is shit.

DKs outperform us by thousands in DMG. And if you complain at the DMG burst we have. Swosh - Poly - Trinket - Repoly - Nova - Intervene - Renova - Stun - either hard switch on us cuz we're most likely in Battle stance and no trinket. GG. Dead.

Oh well..

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 09:53 PM ----------

"

Exactly. We can of course reforge to hit. But it's no guarantee that we wont meet any night elfs, or that it gets parried. Not to talk about the time we're in nova. Adding up the CC time, defensive rage gain seems rather good compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think and as a warrior I don't sit in any stance. The issue that we have now isn't coming from warriors being harder to kill. Its that warriors are so hard to kill they are not even a valid target for most 3 games and instead are CCed. With almost all of a warrior abilitys being free to use, the penelty from being in DEF stance isn't a big deal. I don't do it, because being a warrior for years now its habbit to swap stances,watch for swaps and try to control the game and not just tunnel dmg. But, as a few in the thread have already said they don't lose DEF stance they stay in it almost if not 100% of the time, this is wrong.

again-wtf is wrong with a warrior sitting in d-stance?do you want us to sit in battle stance,again?stance dancing is gone and for good reason.= outdated.a warrior in battle stance is a clear sign to another team to ff on that warriors and you should already know this.warriors for far to long we the best targets to train in pvp.FF on the warrior until he pops shield wall.then either swap until its down or just kill him threw his 40% damage reduction on a 5 min cd.im fuckign glad wariors are not easly trained targets anymore,its a good fuckign change.it fuckign sucked to sit in d stance with a 1 hander and shield on being train and doing half the damage as everyone else did.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Silly warriors thinking dps wars sitting in def stance 24/7 was an intended design choise.
    silly you for thinking warriors go d-stance to max out out dps we go d stance to reduce damage at the cost or rage/dps.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Of course, that's one way to solve the plate reduction imbalance against casters. But jokes aside, people when bursted switched to battle stance and to recharge went to defensive stance. Defensive stance was a tool that made us less vurneable against targets. I mean how many times instant Icelance hitting me at 70% resi and 25% dmg reduction from defensive stance for 60-80k..

My question - Intended that a mage should have a freekill every time he gets a target below 40% with a deepfreeze?

Deleted
    warrior stops using defensive stance ---> warrior dies in a cheap shot
    You mean warriors will be just as squishy as dks, ret palas, feral druids and ww monks ?! Why would GC do such a thing, warriors deserve to be special snowflakes among the other melee dps-ers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't understand this. They're blinded. They think.. Okey, so warriors seem to stay in defensive stance too much because battle stance is shit. Okey. We got this brilliant "IDEA". Let's make Defensive stance shit aswell, in addition, we screw up their rotation. That way we force them to use the shitty Battle Stance that is absolutely terrible. All we get is 12 rage every strike. Which occurs every 3,5 seconds.

What Blizzard should've done -> Buff Battle Stance. That way we might want to stance dance again. But currently both are terrible now.

Switch battle stance -> Finally barely if not enough rage at all for your abilities, but sorry you're dead in a few seconds.

Switch defensive stance > Not enough rage for rotation, hardswitch comes? Hope you can survive it.

Basically we're a ball for practice. You attack us, we can't do a single thing. If you don't attack us, we live in fear of being hardswitched so hard that we can literally get globalized within seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't warriors get more rage if they get hit so truly they would have more rage then this video shows?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Don't warriors get more rage if they get hit so truly they would have more rage then this video shows?
    They removed that mechanic because of prot PVE. The new design for prot PVE was that they were supposed to get rage by using abilities like shield slam and revenge. Meaning warriors had to lose the traditional ability that gave us rage when we were hit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    You mean warriors will be just as squishy as dks, ret palas, feral druids and ww monks ?! Why would GC do such a thing, warriors deserve to be special snowflakes among the other melee dps-ers.
    Wait. Are you trying to say that a rogue killing people in a cheap shot is fine? DKs have icebound fortitude. Monks.. Yeah, no. No way a rogue can beat a monk.. Just no.. Feral Druids? Haha. Yeah, I doubt a rage can even hit him. Absorb, and shit dmg? Then bleed the rogue up with fearie fire?

Palas losing to rogues? Has to be the worst thing I've heard. Double freedom. Stun on a 30 sec (6sec). Buble 3 times. Hand of protection twice and buble once.

Warriors shouldn't be losing to rogues either, although I'm afraid retrin and warriors in the upcomming patch are going to be very vurneable to them. Although the rest fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    so we need everyone to be the same?ok cool-give warriors the damage dks do.

are you trying to say druids are soft when they go bear form?