Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Lone Star College Shooting: 3 People Shot At Texas College Campus, Suspect At Large

Three people were shot Tuesday afternoon at Lone Star College's North Harris campus in Houston, Texas, according to KPRC.

Police told KPRC at least one person has been detained, but they have not said if that person is a suspected shooter. Another is on the loose and is the subject of an active manhunt.

KTRK reports the shooting took place near the campus library after an altercation between two students.

Click here for video from the scene.

Comments: As a person who lives in Texas. Watching this on CNN. It hit close to home that if this could happen hours from where I live. Then it could happen anywhere. Texas has the most laid back Gun Laws out there..Period. You can pick up An AR-15 in this State. Easier then all the others. However this is not about "Guns"

This is about a solution to better counter attack these kinds of shootings. Why are they taking place every other week. There has got to be a real answer besides more armed guards. I understand the fundamental rights of having our weapons so we can live in complete peace and protect ourselfs. What about the life's of the college dying each and every other night.

Last few months was a shooting left 10 dead at the movies and several wounded. After that 20 kids died in a class room with a 223 BushMaster. Then on New Years Eve four separate police officers were shot. Is the Americas culture of Violence. You want blame it on video games? or violent TV shows. Whatever it is a very disturbing trend.

That seems to make America's society more culture violent then others. The question is..what is it?

Sources: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/22...ege/?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2527806.html

Deleted
    The college is named Lone Star ?!

Deleted
    More guns please.

Quote Originally Posted by Khronius View Post
    The college is named Lone Star ?!
    Yes. Lone Star College. Texas is named the Lone Star State.

I'm also tempted to get a concealed carry license, I at least want to feel protected if someone starts shooting near me.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might as well have a sub forum for this or merge it with the gun control thread.

I don't care...stop posting this shit, not like it's a surprise anymore or shocking in any way.

I think this has gotten to the point that when I see a shooting on the news I just say, oh look, another one.

Probably just typical gang/drug related violence, nothing to see here, move along. Happens several times a day in gun free Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I don't care...stop posting this shit, not like it's a surprise anymore or shocking in any way.
    No. Secondly just because it did not take place directly around you. Does not mean it does not matter. If a thousand people get murdered or even four. It matters. Just because you not knowing them personally does not affect it's importance. Secondly this is about the culture of violence that we seem to have in America. This is not a random shooting.

It's a pattern. Usually I would say look to the guns. However in this situation I'm trying to look at all the factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

this fad is getting annoying.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    No. Secondly just because it did not take place directly around you. Does not mean it does not matter. If a thousand people get murdered or even four. It matters. Just because you not knowing them personally does not affect it's importance. Secondly this is about the culture of violence that we seem to have in America. This is not a random shooting.

It's a pattern. Usually I would say look to the guns. However in this situation I'm trying to look at all the factors.
    so your saying this gun violence is unique to america? because its not.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    When I heard about it, the first thing I thought was "Only 3 this time?". How sad that such shootings are now so common that they are judged only by how many are killed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so your saying this gun violence is unique to america? because its not.
    Not unique to America, but mass shootings are very rare outside of the USA and third world countries/warzones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Clearly the teachers didn't have enough guns.
    Ban teachers.

Ps, media indirectly causes these mad shootings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwAo8lcAC4
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-22 at 09:20 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Q: Why do these shootings keep happening in gun free zones?
    A: Because people who commit a crime (criminals) do not obey the law.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    When I heard about it, the first thing I thought was "Only 3 this time?". How sad that such shootings are now so common that they are judged only by how many are killed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 09:08 PM ----------

Not unique to America, but mass shootings are very rare outside of the USA and third world countries/warzones.
    It was 2 people shooting at each other...the 3 just happened to get caught in the crossfire.

Watching it on CNN now and it sounds like a couple of bangers got in an arguement and all this shit unfolded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

/thread
    If criminals do not obey the law, why have laws at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

/thread
    Why do these shootings keep happening in the US but very rarely anywhere else?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    It was 2 people shooting at each other...the 3 just happened to get caught in the crossfire.
    Sounds like something out of the wild west.