Thread: Post Your UI

http://imgur.com/ccnlX23

I recently posted inn this thread about my UI. Now its time for 2.0, while not much as changed overall, I put alot off work into the little things and trying to learn more.

My own toughs: I haft to consider if I can play with much smaller abblities bars, cause 3 of them fills alot. Its hard for me to not have them showen trough, a habit.

Basicly, I know my UI is nothing speciel, but by now I'm quit happy with it. I feel like it does everything I want (Some things dosen't show inn this pic, cause I wanted a picture that was more clean than last time I posted) and nothing could really be changed much.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

I recently posted inn this thread about my UI. Now its time for 2.0, while not much as changed overall, I put alot off work into the little things and trying to learn more.

My own toughs: I haft to consider if I can play with much smaller abblities bars, cause 3 of them fills alot. Its hard for me to not have them showen trough, a habit.

Basicly, I know my UI is nothing speciel, but by now I'm quit happy with it. I feel like it does everything I want (Some things dosen't show inn this pic, cause I wanted a picture that was more clean than last time I posted) and nothing could really be changed much.
    I don't want to be rude mate but it looks like you have downloaded a bunch of addons and just moved them around a bit.

Deleted
    thanks Pharrax.....your new UI is reaaaally great! i like it alot. Used your suggestion and got Phanxbuffs, perfect :-) ...thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I don't want to be rude mate but it looks like you have downloaded a bunch of addons and just moved them around a bit.
    I sure did, not all of us downloads a coustome UI where you get all you need from start. Can you maybe give some actual advice, like I had from the first time I posted?

Edit: To clarify what I do have showen inn that picture only;

Bartender
    Titan panel
    Tiddy threat plates
    SUF
    Recount
    Prat
    Outfitter
    OmniCC
    MoveAnything (Mostly just to resize alot off things)
    Masque for skins on Bartender
    Grid/mana plugin
    DroodFocus
    DBM

And quit a few other addons, that dosen't alter my UI or dosen't show inn that picture, such as needtoknow procces.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-22 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted

You know you forgot to edit out the names in recount?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You know you forgot to edit out the names in recount?
    lol I was just thinking the same thing. Not sure why you tried to blank out the names when you can see their names in recount and the big raid warning. But thats beside the point. You do not need to download a custom UI to make your UI look nice and still do what you want. There is nothing wrong with your UI and if it works for you then great. If you want advice on how to improve it then I think your asking for a lot since it looks very basic like the blizzard UI but just with some addons that have not been greatly customised.

For some reason I can't view your picture again at the moment due to the site being overloaded but from what I remember I would download a chat addon such as "Chatter" or "BasicChatMods" since I can't stand seeing the blizzard buttons on the left side and not seeing the chat box in a nicer position without that edit box at the bottom showing all the time. I would also choose a nicer action bar skin such as Masque: Darion and make the unit frames nicer. Try looking at other UI's to get inspired by browsing around the UI compilations on wowinterface

If your not much of a UI designer and don't care for its looks then just try to make your information as clear and easy to take in as possible by trying to make important information easy to see. I've recently been trying out the addon "Raven". Its very complicated to learn at first but you can do great things with it such as showing timer bars for pretty much anything so for cooldowns for example or your debuffs on the target and so much more. I would try to reduce the amount of space the action bars take up and maybe making one of the bars bigger so you can put your major important cooldowns on it which you need to keep track of... These are all just some ideas. Good luck with your UI

EDIT: I absolutely love KgPanels for putting panels on your UI for backgrounds as hit makes everything look so well organized and clean. I would look up into that. It also allows you to parent addons such as Recount onto a panel so when you move it, the panel moves with it. This is what I've done to skin my Recount window to make it look much nicer. You can put all your action bars inside of panels which helps just for looks. You can go extremely advanced with that addon as well which I've done in one of my UI's in the past.

Just Updated my UI with a few minor things. Also it should be ready for uploading for those who asked. Also finished with my Setup addon graphics and I am very happy with the results so that image is updated as well

Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2013-01-22 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks a bunch, and yes...great edit skilz's there. Ah well, dont go stalk thoes poor pugs

Great tips, thank you again! Edit: Also tough quit abit about having CD's only showen on my bars. I know alot off people does this, but damn its hard not having bars showen all the time, to used to it
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-22 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. I will alter the light grey border and reduce the spacing between bars but I cannot increase the transparency for the black bar underneath the health and mana bars because that would reduce the background as a whole since it shares that black colour with the background near the mana and health which I think looks bad. And I don't know how I would give the target of target frame its own frames without it looking very odd and inconsistent which the player and target frame. I like that how it is But thanks again for the feedback!
    You may or may not have answered this already, but I'm not too interested in scouring through pages; what Unit Frame addon are you using?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    You may or may not have answered this already, but I'm not too interested in scouring through pages; what Unit Frame addon are you using?
    Shadowed Unit Frames

Thanks a bunch, and yes...great edit skilz's there. Ah well, dont go stalk thoes poor pugs

Great tips, thank you again! Edit: Also tough quit abit about having CD's only showen on my bars. I know alot off people does this, but damn its hard not having bars showen all the time, to used to it
    I think the comment from earlier "you just downloaded a bunch of addons and moved them around" means that you haven't given a lot of thought to the looks of your UI.

A good place to start, for example, is to give all your addons the same look (bar texture, font etc). A universal color theme etc.

This was taken ages ago, I haven't played in 3 or 4 months. Hopefully I'll be back soon it's a bit messy but I like it =3
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-01-23 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoholic123 View Post
    I think the comment from earlier "you just downloaded a bunch of addons and moved them around" means that you haven't given a lot of thought to the looks of your UI.

A good place to start, for example, is to give all your addons the same look (bar texture, font etc). A universal color theme etc.
    Yea, didn't keep the font the same, cause I find that I choose font out from what looks good as I go trough X part ^^

I quit dig you're bars trough @Pharrax, looks nice. Cant even recall what addon that is? Especially like the information at the bottom, kinda replaces my titan panel so.

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/5476/w...1612171528.jpg

Can anyone please suggest improvements to my UI?

This is a slightly old picture now and since the I now have CleanIcons for my auras/buffs etc., the target cast bar is much smaller and less slap bang in your face, and also the tooltip is now snug in the corner above Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    http://imageshack.us/a/img109/5476/w...1612171528.jpg

Can anyone please suggest improvements to my UI?

This is a slightly old picture now and since the I now have CleanIcons for my auras/buffs etc., the target cast bar is much smaller and less slap bang in your face, and also the tooltip is now snug in the corner above Recount.
    * Personally I like to have my own/target health closer to the middle of the screen (bottom mid sort of). Just easier to spot on the screen while keeping an eye on my dots and power ups.
    * Where are your raid frames?
    * And since your using PowerAuras (WeakAuras is another great one) you could probably hide most of your actionbars and just have the important ones show when they are on CD, with a timer ofcourse.
    * I'll leave the "aaaaah, not same texture everywhere and pixel perfection is missing" to the others ^^

I mostly play Discipline now so I think it'd be better if I get an upgraded screenshot tonight (which I do have just not on this computer or Imageshack yet).

- My raid frames are the Grid in the top left hand corner which because I'm now a healer and generally watching them I can easily look up to see my mana.
    - I know having my raid frames there compared to say a central position is really weird as a healer but I've always had them there so the center of my screen is clear to play.
    - Since I now play Discipline only the top left Bartender bars with CDs on is visible and everything else is hidden.
    - I'll also add that during combat - when Shadow - Recount disappears and Omen3 shows up in its place.

To the last point I'm fairly comfortable with addons and such but I've never looked into textures and pixel perfectino before; could you please elaborate? If by textures you mean the ones already in Addons I tend to try use Minimalist texture where possible.

Deleted
    You really should post an updated screen ^^.

Just two things, that haven´t been mentioned yet:
    - do you really need 2 different castbars? (I mean the one below your unitframe and the other slightly bigger one in the middle ^^).
    - I personally would hide the (black) background of your pa-timers

Since I´m also playing a healer, I probably could not deal with the raidframes being not in the center of my screen ... you will always lose time looking up to the frames for your eyes are fixed at the center.
    But of course: when you´re fine with it, so am I ^^

I'll post an updated screenshot as soon as I'm home.

To your points though;

1. When I'm healing that target cast bar is removed and I just use the one on Ag_uf because it's easy to read and I generally know when a mob/boss is about to cast something important due to DBM. I may enable it for more important cast bars like when in Amber Construct but I doubt it.

2. Also removed the black border on PA timers already.

3. I've tried central raid frames before and hated them but I do know the obvious advantage.

--

Another thing; does anyone know a way to skin DBM timers without TukUI/ElvUI etc.? I think they're really ugly in their original skin.

Deleted
    http://www.abload.de/img/skrmbillede2013-01-2236an7.png

My current UI, got inspiration from a lot of different great UI's, and then mixed and matched to my liking.
    any feedback is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    I mostly play Discipline now so I think it'd be better if I get an upgraded screenshot tonight (which I do have just not on this computer or Imageshack yet).

- My raid frames are the Grid in the top left hand corner which because I'm now a healer and generally watching them I can easily look up to see my mana.
    - I know having my raid frames there compared to say a central position is really weird as a healer but I've always had them there so the center of my screen is clear to play.
    - Since I now play Discipline only the top left Bartender bars with CDs on is visible and everything else is hidden.
    - I'll also add that during combat - when Shadow - Recount disappears and Omen3 shows up in its place.

To the last point I'm fairly comfortable with addons and such but I've never looked into textures and pixel perfectino before; could you please elaborate? If by textures you mean the ones already in Addons I tend to try use Minimalist texture where possible.
    Alright! Looking forward to that new screenshot.
    The last one was a joke It's just that people who build more UIs than they play the actual game tend to get obsessed with having the same texture on everything. Such as Castbar, Healthbar and Omen/Recount. Aswell as using the same Font everywhere.
    As for the pixel perfection, same thing goes there. If something is not aligned across the screen, on the same pixel height, they will notice, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Nizarus View Post
    http://www.abload.de/img/skrmbillede2013-01-2236an7.png

My current UI, got inspiration from a lot of different great UI's, and then mixed and matched to my liking.
    any feedback is appreciated
    I like it, may I ask why the raidframes seem to have a white border? When the rest of your UI is consistent with a black one.
    Been wanting to build something TouchyMcfeel inspired myself for a while. Maybe I'll do that today, after work.
    Last edited by Crummy; 2013-01-23 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I like it, may I ask why the raidframes seem to have a white border? When the rest of your UI is consistent with a black one.
    Been wanting to build something TouchyMcfeel inspired myself for a while. Maybe I'll do that today, after work.
    The Vuhdo frame border is black aswell, the border just turned white to indicate that i have myself targeted