View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    As someone who actually enjoys levelling, I've found it more fun than I ever have. Sure it's slow every now and again, but the world is alive, something that it hasen't for a while.

Deleted
    I levelled a monk to 85 recently, just so I could level tailoring and use the imperial silk cds.
    Can only remember one place where I had to wait for mob respawns, in Westfall killing the damn Murlocs, rest was all fine. Must have been ganked some 5-6 times by higher levels too, that really is nothing, I certainly don't comprehend the complaints about this. I mean, I see tons of other people, we group for quests, we meet groups of hordies our level, kill each other, move on when we're bored, it's amazing, it's like levelling back in vanilla again in terms of immersion, except you do it faster.

I personally love CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this problem is one of the biggies ....just logged onto my Horde Hunter that I am leveling up for Achive of Double Agent......fishing daily of Org is to go outside of Org and get that horn off dead critter in the pond and use it to get 3 fish....welp....I fly out of Org go to the zone and get this right now ...."Transfer Aborted-cross realm zone is down"....so I have to wait and wait for the realm I am suppose to cross into to come up....its bull crap.....CRZ is screwing up my game play and time....

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I am currently leveling an Undead Warlock and while I have found a lot of people feom other servers, I didn't run onto any problems during my questing experience. I have even joined up with some people and leveled with them, having a good time and makimg new friends. I really don't see any issues with CRZ.
    But you've only listed one reason CRZ is good. There are at least 4 reasons it is bad.
    4 > 1.
    Clearly it's because you don't spend all your time reporting people or being a taxi service in two-person mounts. If you were engaging in these normal activities, you would understand just how broken CRZ is.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    [...]

All of the benefits are artificially there with CRZ, but would actually be put into place with server mergers. Worlds would be more full instead of seeming more full. Dueling would have more of a point since there's a bigger pool of arena/RBG players you can find via dueling. Since the players can form guilds, there will be more strategy on fishing tournaments, instead of more RNG which will dominate with unorganized cross-realm players. And you'll actually be able to world PvP since you'll have guilds to back you up on 1v1's - leading to group versus group battles - instead of having "world PvP" consist solely of cross-realm ganking.
    That's a very good point. However, server merges also have their downsides. People lose their nicknames. Realm economies change overnight. Rivalry between former realms. Faction balance changed overnight. Some people prefer to play low pop.

All the above are short-term problems. Barring the bold ones which I will address soon. Not only are they short-term, they will automatically be solved over time. Blizzard wouldn't have to do anything about them.

Now for the bold ones. We should just accept some players prefer to play on low-pop, some on medium-pop, and some on high-pop. Faction balance, I don't know how to solve. Every game with factions has this problem.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Some of my greatest moments in WoW have come as a result of retaliatory battles in Hellfire Peninsula after Thrallmar gets raided.
    Wanna know why? Because 99% of the time world PvP is boring as fuck and unfair as fuck. The one time it is epic is because it was challenging and competitive which adds immersion because of the sheer compare to when it was a done fight before it even started.

I am willing to bet 10v10 and 15v15 Halaa fights are just as epic as those "greatest moments" you cite.

(Granted, I play on one of if not the best World PvP server ANYWHERE (Kil'jaeden-US)
    During world PvP you're playing on CRZ, not on Kil'jaeden-US. C'est passé.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems fine to me, it's quite nice to see zones populated again.

Deleted
    Psilo the point is those are all fair fights, and the people who complain about world PvP are complaining because the fight wasn't fair (ie. they got ganked by a bully). Anyway, also this thread has been devoid of the PvP argument and its been discussed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I don't have time to read 19 pages. I scanned the first few pages (5+) of your post history and found nothing.

Also, this was partially a response to the person pandering to you, that despite his post that you've given "some of the best arguments for CRZ," I found no such arguments.

Again, not one reason why CRZ is actually a good thing. You constantly bitch that CRZ "isn't that bad" and people need to "shut up and deal with it" but you have given no reason why it should have to be dealt with, and no reason why it's positive at all, other than giving you a superiority complex.
    When you literally just snip a part of a post, sure your complaints about me seem valid. But they are really just lies.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    But you've only listed one reason CRZ is good. There are at least 4 reasons it is bad.
    4 > 1.
    Clearly it's because you don't spend all your time reporting people or being a taxi service in two-person mounts. If you were engaging in these normal activities, you would understand just how broken CRZ is.
    Being a taxi slave/reporting people is a normal part of WoW? No wonder you guys are miserable.

I'd say the biggest problem with CRZ is it is a half-way solution. Like a lot of half-way solutions, it's worse than doing nothing or going all the way.

CRZ is being used backwards. What they should have done is merge all the servers in a region of the same type (PvP/PvE/RP) into a single super server, with your server as a "last name" for mail/duplicate names. Then use CRZ to spread out players when a place gets too crowded, rather than pack players in when too dispersed. Then you don't have a single large community and economy, and can use a normal friends list instead of BnNet stuff. No more servers robbing each other, no more "What do I care? I'll never see them again." (Well, no more than normal for a community).

Dunno if that would solve the 2-seater mount problems. That is a real annoying one.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Psilo the point is those are all fair fights, and the people who complain about world PvP are complaining because the fight wasn't fair (ie. they got ganked by a bully). Anyway, also this thread has been devoid of the PvP argument and its been discussed elsewhere.
    Ganking is not bullying, that is ridiculous. Also, Halaa didn't have a 10v10 option. It was most certainly unbalanced for either faction most of the time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:05 PM ----------

You guys also need to understand that bugs aren't "cons." They are in fact working on the bugs. Its not a real reason against CRZ's. Like someone else mentioned, the LFD system had plenty of bugs when it was implemented. Should Blizzard have then just scrapped that whole idea? They will fix the bugs, and iron out the problems.

Wanting to play on a low population server is fine, but this is not the way Blizzard has intended the game to go. I doubt any type of solution or fix will allow this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike it to the fullest extent. I choose my realm because of the small number of Alliance, now they are swarming. 9/10 Alliance I see are not from the server I chose to play on. Heck, back in Cata me and a few guildies stormed Goldshire with four people and claimed it for the Horde... Now we can't even go to Elwynn Forest without being spotted by those wimpy Alliance fledglings

10+ Year Old Account
    4 > 1.
    I don't focus on bad things. Being a positive person is all about doing what you think is positive. Why would I focus on negative things if I know I will just be nervous and waste my time? I'd rather enjoy the game, have fun and be friendly / helpful to other players as much as possible.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really notice crz...if they didn't have the server name on them i wouldn't be able to tell the difference >.<the only problems i've had with crz is when flying to different zones it sometimes stutters for a second or two and mobs vanish in the zone i left from >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You guys also need to understand that bugs aren't "cons." They are in fact working on the bugs. Its not a real reason against CRZ's. Like someone else mentioned, the LFD system had plenty of bugs when it was implemented. Should Blizzard have then just scrapped that whole idea? They will fix the bugs, and iron out the problems.
    ugh great more bug "FIXES" like having my daily's and everything else reset at 6 EST... rather have the bug back.

**and bugs are still cons till they are fixed anyway.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-22 at 11:30 PM.

Being a taxi slave/reporting people is a normal part of WoW? No wonder you guys are miserable.
    My sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. My own fault, really.
    I'm just chuckling at all the posters suggesting that all pros and cons are equal, no matter how minor or obscure the issue.
    Case in point: Reporting CRZ players which at worst takes an extra click or two as some sort of major CRZ con.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found when leveling my mage that when I hit an area where there were many people (no one wants to group up), I'd queue for and do dungeons so as to skip that level bracket, in fact it was just as fast as before it was implemented, the only problem with it I've encountered is that nobody wants to group with anyone, as though they somehow loose out on something if they did.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Thank you for your opinion.

Let me offer a counter opinion:

"I'm completely flabbergasted by the concept of liking lonely, empty realms. Once again we are back to the days of it being near impossible for anyone to feel like they are playing a single player game and unable to find help for anything. And then you have people like me, who plow through the zone at 90 doing Loremaster stuff, not really changing anything for the low level players. (I try to help lowbies by letting them tag things and finishing it off for them if I'm bored) So...my question is, WHY in satan's name wouldn't you want cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game... and it perfectly works this way. They may as well not have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically. Am i the only one thinking that they may as well bring them back because there's plenty of people there now?"

I have 1 question, being on a extremely low population server, sharing everything with other servers, how does this help anything?, you can not raid with those from another server, they can "steal" your mats which in turn makes the AH on your own server even worse, and so on.

the only thing it has been good for so for is Gankers, and no i don't play on PvP server at all, but so far not much good has come from it, except boosting high op servers and killing low pop servers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Zone scaling like gw2 would fix the problem. I love crz because it does what it is ment to. Make it an mmo. And no I never gank low levels. 5.2 they are adding bg scaling so it shows they have the tech to do it.
    off topic - Really looking forward to the bg scaling coming, this is long overdue imo.

My sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. My own fault, really.
    I'm just chuckling at all the posters suggesting that all pros and cons are equal, no matter how minor or obscure the issue.
    Case in point: Reporting CRZ players which at worst takes an extra click or two as some sort of major CRZ con.
    Sorry I was trying to go along with your sarcasm. Doesn't go well in text format I guess. I agree. While I have been a taxi for friends sometimes, and I have had the bug happen, I don't rage about it... I really doubt/hope our whole experience in WoW isn't revolved around using that 2 seater.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    ugh great more bug "FIXES" like having my daily's and everything else reset at 6 EST... rather have the bug back.

**and bugs are still cons till they are fixed anyway.
    No, bugs are not cons. The daily reset was a conscious change on their part. I'm sorry it inconvenienced you, but thats all it is, an inconvenience.

Sorry I was trying to go along with your sarcasm. Doesn't go well in text format I guess. I agree. While I have been a taxi for friends sometimes, and I have had the bug happen, I don't rage about it... I really doubt/hope our whole experience in WoW isn't revolved around using that 2 seater.

No, bugs are not cons. The daily reset was a conscious change on their part. I'm sorry it inconvenienced you, but thats all it is, an inconvenience.
    Really being inconvenienced is not a con, interesting????

**I believe I'm allowed to have my OWN opinion on what is a con and what is not...