View Poll Results: What do you think of cross-realm zones?

Voters
858. This poll is closed
  • I like it

346 40.33%
  • I hate it

339 39.51%
  • I don't care.

173 20.16%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Funny, my ignore lists are completely full on all my characters and I use an addon which ignores people beyond the limit, as well as making ignores account-wise. You can be trolled outside of chat, via gameplay. BTW if you ignore a person, you won't be queued against them in BG, LFD, LFR. So it is quite a useful feature to ignore someone, gameplay-wise.
    They should apply that to CRZ as well. Expand the ignore list. And anyone on your ignore not from your server, will be put into a separate version of the CRZ zone. If they did that, believe me, I could handle that just fine. I'd be in full support of such an addition. Because from my understanding, if x amount of people are in a zone, CRZ makes a second copy and starts moving people to it. So here's the hypothetical:

You are from Wyrmrest Accord.
    Jerk-SistersofElune has been a real jerk to you. and you put him on ignore. You leave the zone.
    Upon re-entering the zone you are moved to a different version of the same Zone, away from Jerk-SistersofElune.

Problem solved. They did that, and even I would be happy.

This must be some sort of issue on your end regarding the reporting. I just went to a highly populated zone with tons of people talking in chat, and I had to click "ignore" twice and it worked. They were spamming "fight fight fight" in a duel zone, and it worked for me at least. I am not sure what the problem is on your end. He/she was from the server Kalecgos, which I do not reside on.

Again, just to test it I tried reporting someone after they said a slew of random curses. It worked the second time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 08:25 PM ----------

Yeah you keep repeating that "stop paying them", "quit WoW". Apparently if the customer actually decides to eat the dogfood that's not OK?

Yeah, that seems to be the drivel in low quality software: fix all the major bugs and screw the customer with the little ones. The tiny ones, the little bugs which tickle you day by day. UNTIL YOU GET MAD.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:21 AM ----------

Bugs are real cons.
    The best way to get a business to change things, is with your wallet. I am not suggesting it because I want you gone, but it works better than forums or tweets.

If you are raging about small bugs, you have an anger issues.

Says who? Who are you to say that? Do you have a real argument supporting that?
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-01-23 at 01:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I never disputed that. But we are talking (at least that was my impression) about the technologies core. That means the very thing of seeing players from other realms and interacting with them and whether that should be removed again.
    Yeah, indeed, well many suggested opt-out..

A 2p dismount bug has nothing to do with that.
    The starvation of low population realm AHs, due to increased node competition, however does.
    The latter has a seemingly bigger impact. Yet the number of people playing on a low pop realm is small, and honestly, the WoW player base doesn't care about them just like you don't care about 2 person mounts.

The former is an inconvenience.

There was a bug which didn't allow alliance players to do pet battle quests. So my friend made a level 1 horde character and I invited her on my 2 person mount to fly around Kalimdor. That's how one bug can trigger another.

But you see, in the former case there's another problem: it is a regression. Something which worked for years now suddenly doesn't work anymore. The customer doesn't care why or what or how. If they learn why, they probably dislike that feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    well many suggested opt-out..
    I hope I don't have to explain to you how an opt out would be a really REALLY idiotic thing to put in there, b/c all the people love sharing their quest mobs and rare spawns and gathering nodes so no one would ever opt out...

oh wait.. my zone is empty again. Never mind *waves at other lonely dude from his server*.

Why the hell would you ignore a player from another realm? Chances are that you won't ever see him again anyway. oO
    I haven't ignored a player in YEARS in this game. Maybe it's because I deactivated the public "your mother/anal spam ridden" channels?
    Between people spamming in /y or channels, emote spam, harassment, among other things.. Yeah, I use ignore for most of those on top of any other action needed. My issue is the function not working, and being that way for months. Making you basically unable to ignore someone with a special character in their name. The pros and cons of CRZ were already said, now if you guys can get off the topic of sitting there arguing between each other before the thread gets locked.. Why don't you find solutions for each issue a person is having, a real solution and not just your own solution to the problem that they can agree on. Some CRZ things are bugs, yes but they have not been fixed in the amount of months it has been out. The rare hunter pets, and rare mini-pets there really isn't a fix for yet besides having to sit at spawn points for lengthy amount of hours, to days. What's a solution to that besides being able to opt out of CRZ so there's less people for the competition for the players doing such?

Most players are used to having little competition when doing these things, and for people on higher pop servers it's now more of an issue than ever. That's the fact of the matter, yes there's people that enjoy having the world full and having people around while questing, they enjoy competition and maybe even enjoy sitting there camping for a single rare mob for days at a time. But there are also people that do not, and it's a problem to them and of course what they want is CRZ gone, or be able to opt out of it. I really don't see any other issues to fix these things for people that are not enjoying the CRZ experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The best way to get a business to change things, is with your wallet. I am not suggesting it because I want you gone, but it works better than forums or tweets.
    I agree on that, vote with your wallet, but right now I got a sub running. By the way GC does listen to tweets from the priest community. You don't really know the impact.

If you are raging about small bugs, you have an anger issues.
    Well not about WoW in specific but if you use a product day by day and it is small things which piss you off you can eventually explode on it, or when you switch you'll be like "ahhh... relief" I know Goosfraba but even the Great Teacher failed on it eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    but if you use a product day by day and it is small things which piss you off you can eventually explode on it, or when you switch you'll be like "ahhh... relief"
    Yeah these little things have a way of creeping up and getting to your nerves, don't they?
    I'm still annoyed as hell every time when windows just shows "interpret and rating" bullshit in explorer instead of date and file size like I ordered it to ... <_<

Deleted
    I hope I don't have to explain to you how an opt out would be a really REALLY idiotic thing to put in there, b/c all the people love sharing their quest mobs and rare spawns and gathering nodes so no one would ever opt out...

oh wait.. my zone is empty again. Never mind *waves at other lonely dude from his server*.
    True, that is problematic.

Possible soltutions:

• Remove CRZ from PvE with opt-in (enabling PvP and joining PvP CRZ).
    • Merge more realms in CRZ and build CRZ based on level (stimulates playing together, stimulates wPvP between equal level; fixes the PvP complaint).
    • Allow people to share the resources you mentioned: gathering nodes individual, rare spawns individual/phased or scaling on amount of proximity players. This with or without opt-out.
    That's what I came up with in 3 min of time. There's likely more solid and elegant solutions.

I agree on that, vote with your wallet, but right now I got a sub running. By the way GC does listen to tweets from the priest community. You don't really know the impact.

Well not about WoW in specific but if you use a product day by day and it is small things which piss you off you can eventually explode on it, or when you switch you'll be like "ahhh... relief" I know Goosfraba but even the Great Teacher failed on it eventually.
    My point being that wallet voting is BETTER than tweets etc.

Again, it happens to me too, its annoying being dismounted. But its by no means rage worthy, or game breaking. Its as annoying as hearing a song you don't like on the radio.

I guess I just thought there would be plenty of good reasons and more logical problems with CRZ than mostly just bugs. AH commerce is a legit problem. The reporting/ignoring seems to work fine for me on the second or more try. I have in fact had people telling me they would murder me because I asked to have them removed from LFR for dying 5 seconds after pull on multiple bosses. Yes I still ignored them.

Deleted
    Yeah these little things have a way of creeping up and getting to your nerves, don't they?
    I'm still annoyed as hell every time when windows just shows "interpret and rating" bullshit in explorer instead of date and file size like I ordered it to ... <_<
    I try to stay away from any product made by that company unless I'm forced to, and for PC gaming (more liberal than console, cheaper than Mac). I'll save you a rant on this one, but I can imagine such a problem.

CRZ was suppose to make the zones more alive, but leveling 1-80 I seen maybe 12 people at most in the same quest hub with me, usually they were 1 and done and I never saw them again.

Except look at the poll on this thread. Half love it. Half hate it. And there's a sizable chunk who don't care. So it wouldn't be idiotic. Those who love it, would still use it. Those who don't wouldn't. It's called options. How people can feel threatened by options is what confuses me. But as I said earlier. Make ignore work like dungeons. Someone from X server you never want to see? Pop them on ignore, leave the zone, and re-enter and be put into a separate instance of the CRZ'ed zone. Or would you rather force people to endure something they hate? Blizzard doing this, is what is causing people to unsubscribe. It's not a good thing. So if one side loves it, they got the option to keep using it. If one side absolutely despises it, they can opt out as an option and both sides are happy. It's a win/win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    My point being that wallet voting is BETTER than tweets etc.
    Not sure. Wallet voting is like (temporarily) giving up. Tweeting is investing time/energy in product.

Again, it happens to me too, its annoying being dismounted. But its by no means rage worthy, or game breaking. Its as annoying as hearing a song you don't like on the radio.
    Well, that really depends. If you're on a high pop realm your AH isn't affected by CRZ and you can say "that is not a con" but for people on low pop realm it is. To see this problem even though you don't personally suffer from it requires empathy and compassion. Whereas if you hear that same irritating song on the radio every day you'll eventually get sick of it so much. Everyone has a different point where they get MENTAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, that is problematic.
    Imho, after having played Guild Wars 2, I think Blizzard has to revamp the entire outdoor experience and get rid of mob and node tagging.

It was so great in GW2, I smiled every time when I saw another person running around, because I knew: "cool now stuff dies faster".
    When I see another player in WoW, I tell myself "Great... a random, damn better start chainpulling so this quest doesn't take forever".

Most people don't want to group up because then they'd have to share on drops (sky shard says hi) and would get less xp/kill... <_<

xcept look at the poll on this thread. Half love it. Half hate it. And there's a sizable chunk who don't care. So it wouldn't be idiotic. Those who love it, would still use it. Those who don't wouldn't.
    Wrong. People would turn it off / opt out as soon as they wanted to farm something or hunt a rare mob. Essentially an opt out defeats the purpose of this tech. Blizzard WANTS competition on rares and thus the world to feel alive.

Any way, it's 3am now, I'll go and hug my pillow. Good night folks, maybe thread is still alive tomorrow
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-01-23 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Except look at the poll on this thread. Half love it. Half hate it. And there's a sizable chunk who don't care. So it wouldn't be idiotic. Those who love it, would still use it. Those who don't wouldn't. It's called options.
    What he/she is saying is why would people prefer to share resources (quest mobs, nodes, rares) with a greater amount of other people than their realm? IOW why would people stay on CRZ? So everyone would phase out instead. Kinda ironic. Cause that proves people don't want CRZ. But if half of the people would phase back to their own realm that means that world would be half alive like it used to be again. And those who wanna experiment with resources can do so (they already can switch to CRZs due to friend list).

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:56 AM ----------

Imho, after having played Guild Wars 2, I think Blizzard has to revamp the entire outdoor experience and get rid of mob and node tagging.

It was so great in GW2, I smiled every time when I saw another person running around, because I knew: "cool now stuff dies faster".
    When I see another player in WoW, I tell myself "Great... a random, damn better start chainpulling so this quest doesn't take forever".
    Exactly. And with nodes. Mob before it. Person is attacking it.

GW2: Help person, both take resource. Or: take resource, person kills mob, and also takes resource. (The latter is "the WoW way" and frowned upon.)
    WoW: Quickly snatch the resource and send all hate to /dev/null.

Any way, it's 3am now, I'll go and hug my pillow. Good night folks, maybe thread is still alive tomorrow
    Good night

Not sure. Wallet voting is like (temporarily) giving up. Tweeting is investing time/energy in product.

Well, that really depends. If you're on a high pop realm your AH isn't affected by CRZ and you can say "that is not a con" but for people on low pop realm it is. To see this problem even though you don't personally suffer from it requires empathy and compassion. Whereas if you hear that same irritating song on the radio every day you'll eventually get sick of it so much. Everyone has a different point where they get MENTAL.
    I don't mean to say 'I don't care.' If thats what you think. The ignore/report thing seems to work for me if I do it multiple times. Thats all I can really say. If its happening to you, try it more than once. If that doesn't work and its a bug, I am sure Blizz will fix it.

Again, the AH thing is legit, but they are working on it in different forms. They are tinkering with node spawn rate, and increasing farmable mats you get from your sunsong ranch.

The 2-seater is a bug, they are working on it and I am confident they can and will do it.

I just feel like if you are letting a 2 seat mount ruin on the great story, social interaction, bosses you can kill, solo content you can kill, is too much. I would actually prefer to turn off the radio if I thought I was about to go mental.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    CRZ was suppose to make the zones more alive, but leveling 1-80 I seen maybe 12 people at most in the same quest hub with me, usually they were 1 and done and I never saw them again.
    A lot of people complained that CRZ zones were TOO alive so they toned it down.

Even right here on this thread, people would have you believe that lowbie zones are so jam packed that you have to fight for quest mobs all over.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    A lot of people complained that CRZ zones were TOO alive so they toned it down.

Even right here on this thread, people would have you believe that lowbie zones are so jam packed that you have to fight for quest mobs all over.
    I have no issues with competition, or crowding. As I stated before, my issues with CRZ is the dismounting of passengers, inability to end harassment and griefing, and the performance issues created by CRZ. If those 3 items were fixed, I could live with it. But either way I've decided next month I am going to try the game again, though I still plan to avoid CRZ. I miss my friends on WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadllbolt View Post
    So...my question is, WHY in gods name was cross realm zones added to the game? They say it has to do with encouraging player interaction and the social aspect of the game...but these are the same people who have REMOVED ALL GROUP QUESTS from the game, basically.
    Check out stuff like these realms
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/crushridge
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/hakkar
    And these are on the "worst end". Most middle realms are pretty empty as well. Figure out rest.

I think the idea they want to give us is bit too naive.
    I mean lets be honest here, its to counter massive drops from cata and that some realms are high some are super super low. Merging is out of the question and I guess they cant bother constantly have free transfers to "soon-dead realms".
    Just dont go out saying "we want everyone to be social and have fuuun! totally nothing else to it", only hardcore fanboys buy that..right?

I just wish there was way to get 90s off killing quest givers constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ should be only for PvP realms. If you MUST have it on PvE/RP servers as well, then at least give an opt-out option.