Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, game system like the Elder Scrolls, where your character can easily get overpowered compared to the enviroment, would allow just one person to ruin gameplay for hundreds, for as long as he wishes. So, rather not, and I'm glad because of it.

This game will allow you to express your will to slaughter others anyway, in great world PvP battles in Cyrodill.

sigh ..... So its basically its everything that's wrong with world pvp in WoW since Wrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairoos View Post
    Didn't they say that they would allow us to go "everywhere" that's kinda the whole point on Elder Scrolls?

BUMP!?
    Actualy, I'm pretty sure they want you to experience each piece of content from each faction where it's relevant. I think it makes perfect sense that an Argonian would have no business showing up in, say, Hammerfell and expect quests and such. I mean, I could understand allowing a cave here and there to be explored but would'nt that just be a waste of development time?

I believe they're trying to tailer truely meaningful and amazing stories for the players of each faction and save clashes for Cyrodil (In which I believe ALOT of time will be invested to make that amazing for those who enjoy PvP). So I think it looks more restricting on paper than it will be while playing it. But then again, I'm ever the optimist =)

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:57 AM ----------

sigh ..... So its basically its everything that's wrong with world pvp in WoW since Wrath
    Okay, this is the last time I'll quote you and create explanations untill you atleast visit their website and read the basics before you begin running in circles xD

You cannot compare the PvP system of WoW and Elder Scrolls combat mechanics. Go check the site out and read there for a while. Otherwise, stay off the TES:O. If you don't like PvE, organized PvP or restricted world PvP, exploration, intelligent levelling systems, skill set systems, player reliant combat and teamwork organized advancement, the game is not for you =)

Didn't they say that they would allow us to go "everywhere" that's kinda the whole point on Elder Scrolls?

BUMP!?
    I dont think so. The way i read and saw things in videos and posts was that each faction has its own PvE territory thats only for PvE questing/dungeons. And that each Faction then does World PvP in the Center zone which also has quests and such but is more PvP oriented. I dont think characters of another faction will be allowed in the other territories because they are at War with each other. I doubt the NPC's will like you crossing their borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    confirmation email within 48 hours.

Just to add a bit to what Zito said confirmation that you submitted your info meaning your interested into beta testing. This doesn't mean invites are going out in 48 hours.

Yeah I think that is one of the big gripes, at least it is one for me, the fact that the freedom is being restricted. It's sort of the hallmark of an elder scrolls game. I'll still play it but it'll be poorer, in my opinion, with those restrictions.

got excellent...can't wait for this, will be spam-refreshing my e-mail for the next few days XD

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah I think that is one of the big gripes, at least it is one for me, the fact that the freedom is being restricted. It's sort of the hallmark of an elder scrolls game. I'll still play it but it'll be poorer, in my opinion, with those restrictions.
    It's still something that can be changed man...

...I hope...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Thing is, I don't think you'll notice that restriction unless playing all three factions through once. Does it mean you won't go to Skyrim as an Orc? Yeah. Does it mean you won't be able to enjoy the full content of your factions area? Not at all.

I think it'll help work as a quality assurance. They won't have to balance all content around allowing everyone to trot around everywhere with quests not making sense for your faction nor the dungeon content of caves and zones making sense either. It'll allow them to build, mold, shape and develop a story tailored for you to keep them fresh and relevant depending on your faction.

Honestly, I think it's one of the BEST features, as it will also encourage you to try other factions to view their sides, experience their stories and generally will prevent the game from going stale too fast. And you can always focus on your main in your home content, the contested areas and ofcourse Cyrodil.

So yeah, I view it as an advantage. Try not to think of it as a seperated sandbox. See it as several playgrounds each with their own sandbox which will always provide toys relevant to you =)

It's hardly an advantage. Ever consider the fact that some people don't like playing alts? Let people who want to play alts and reroll a fuckton of times do that, and let people who want to stick to one character do that as well. It's dumb to kill one style of gameplay when both can be integrated.

It also means you'll never have city-raids, never have any spontaneous world PvP, never have the feeling of "oh shit I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be." That's what people mean by world PvP, the spontaneity, because that's what feels real. That's what we assume war would be like, not somewhere you go or queue up for, not a specific map where PvP is allowed. It also kills the feeling of a giant world because there are artificial walls everywhere, walls that could simply be taken down. I don't want to experience the game on several characters, I want to experience it on one character and have the full-effect. That's not to say I want all quests available to my single character, but I'd like to be able to go to the other zones just as much as Alliance can go to Horde zones, even if there's nothing for him to do there.

Have you never experienced the thrill of "oh god I'm a human in Orgrimmar, I'm behind enemy lines, we're killing their king" or anything like that? Why make an MMO if you're going to put so many god damned restrictions? It kills the feeling of a world, which unfortunately only WoW seems to have accomplished. That's what a world should be -- if it's there, if that place exists, there should be SOME WAY for me to get there. If I can take a boat to Africa right now, if I can swim to Europe or if I can climb to the top of Mt. Everest, does that mean I'm going to be doing it all the time? No, but knowing that I can do it makes this world feel so fucking big. If I were restricted to only my city and the few cities around me, even if I never had any intention of going to another place, I would feel restricted and the world would feel so much smaller. It's psychological and it's relevant.

It honestly pisses me off that I'm never going to walk into a cave and see a red player name. Unless I go to Cyrodill or something, but by then it feels forced, it doesn't feel natural anymore. It needs to feel organic, and focusing it on one location kills whatever organic feeling that could've been.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-01-23 at 02:06 AM.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's hardly an advantage. Ever consider the fact that some people don't like playing alts? Let people who want to play alts and reroll a fuckton of times do that, and let people who want to stick to one character do that as well. It's dumb to kill one style of gameplay when both can be integrated.

It also means you'll never have city-raids, never have any spontaneous world PvP, never have the feeling of "oh shit I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be." That's what people mean by world PvP, the spontaneity, because that's what feels real. That's what we assume war would be like, not somewhere you go or queue up for, not a specific map where PvP is allowed. It also kills the feeling of a giant world because there are artificial walls everywhere, walls that could simply be taken down. I don't want to experience the game on several characters, I want to experience it on one character and have the full-effect. That's not to say I want all quests available to my single character, but I'd like to be able to go to the other zones just as much as Alliance can go to Horde zones, even if there's nothing for him to do there.

Have you never experienced the thrill of "oh god I'm a human in Orgrimmar, I'm behind enemy lines, we're killing their king" or anything like that? Why make an MMO if you're going to put so many god damned restrictions? It kills the feeling of a world, which unfortunately only WoW seems to have accomplished. That's what a world should be -- if it's there, if that place exists, there should be SOME WAY for me to get there. If I can take a boat to Africa right now, if I can swim to Europe or if I can climb to the top of Mt. Everest, does that mean I'm going to be doing it all the time? No, but knowing that I can do it makes this world feel so fucking big. If I were restricted to only my city and the few cities around me, even if I never had any intention of going to another place, I would feel restricted and the world would feel so much smaller. It's psychological and it's relevant.

It honestly pisses me off that I'm never going to walk into a cave and see a red player name. Unless I go to Cyrodill or something, but by then it feels forced, it doesn't feel natural anymore. It needs to feel organic, and focusing it on one location kills whatever organic feeling that could've been.
    Oh christ get over yourself. I mean who said that is the best way to play the game? WoW??? Look how much WoW has ruined the MMO community and gamers in general. AFter the LFD introduction in WoW, every single new game that has come out recently were forced to introduce some kind of LFD feature after constant whinning from the player base after launch.

City raids only work in WoW cause there are 2 factions. And city raids remove immersion. I mean you kill King Varian but he respawns in a few minutes? WTF??????

I just hope the WoW crowd sticks with WoW. WE could really do with less of you folk.

And if it doesn't get into your thick skull, the reason they ain't having open WPVP is cause the entire premise of TES:Online is the battle for Cyrodiil. It would seem foolish to move attention to other matters. And I am sure in future expansions, zones will open up while new challenges are faced. For now it makes perfect sense why they have locked zones.

In fact it feels very natural. IF you are in war with another country thousands of years ago are you just going to glide through with no consequences? It makes perfect sense why outsiders are not permitted inside hostile territory. In fact it feels more natural and very immersive.

In fact Orcs were killed on sight when they walked across Rohan in LoTR. In fact the Aaragorn, Gimli and Legolas were taken for Orc spies.

So how do you expect an Orc to walk into Skyrim unharmed? Don't use your WoW logic in this game. Cause really WoW has probably the most terrible logic in gaming I've ever seen.

And you only seem to be comparing the game to WoW. WoW is shit of a game to even compare something has amazing as the Elder Scrolls. Anyone even a WoW fan boy will admit that TES has much better lore than WoW. Half the stuff we see in WoW is pretty much sprung out from their asses that make no sense at all.

Infact from my experience, WPVP rarely existed. I've spent all my entire time on a RP-PVP realm and I can only tell you there only exists ganking. Half the people on PVP realms want to transfer of the realm due to the problem. Imagine what it would do to the player base of the Elder Scrolls that ain't use to that kind of thing? TES is primarily a PVE game focused on exploring and questing. And then you have douches that want to come and ruin the fun by ganking all the low levels in Tamriel? How do you think that is any fun?
    Last edited by wynterlyn; 2013-01-23 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I signed up and my application said "Excellent" but I haven't received a confirmation email. I probably messed up my email address, because I'm a klutz....oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Oh christ get over yourself. I mean who said that is the best way to play the game? WoW??? Look how much WoW has ruined the MMO community and gamers in general. AFter the LFD introduction in WoW, every single new game that has come out recently were forced to introduce some kind of LFD feature after constant whinning from the player base after launch.

City raids only work in WoW cause there are 2 factions. And city raids remove immersion. I mean you kill King Varian but he respawns in a few minutes? WTF??????

I just hope the WoW crowd sticks with WoW. WE could really do with less of you folk.

And if it doesn't get into your thick skull, the reason they ain't having open WPVP is cause the entire premise of TES:Online is the battle for Cyrodiil. It would seem foolish to move attention to other matters. And I am sure in future expansions, zones will open up while new challenges are faced. For now it makes perfect sense why they have locked zones.

In fact it feels very natural. IF you are in war with another country thousands of years ago are you just going to glide through with no consequences? It makes perfect sense why outsiders are not permitted inside hostile territory. In fact it feels more natural and very immersive.
    Haha
    Good one.
    And LFD is a great feature, the no-consequences via x-server aspect of it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I signed up and my application said "Excellent" but I haven't received a confirmation email. I probably messed up my email address, because I'm a klutz....oh well.
    They said up to 48h, I imagine they're getting alot of applications and they probably have to check each of them or something.

Firstly, how does LFD have anything to do with what I said? Maybe that was your example of how WoW "ruined the MMO community" (although a game that pulled MMORPGs from the niche rut to one of the forefront of video gaming hardly ruined the genre), but it's completely irrelevant to this discussion. So if anything, get over yourself, because you're obviously bringing anti-WoW agendas in here that were wrought from my example of WoW. As much as you dislike the game, it's still a pretty good example of a good game. I quit the game too, but I can respect that there are many good things about it. I'm hardly "you folk" when I haven't played WoW in two years.

So it feels completely natural and immersive to you when there are walls in the middle of nowhere, right? Yea, that seems just like everyday life. Remember that time when you were walking outside and then all of a sudden you stopped?

You "are sure that in future expansions zones will open up while new challenges are faced?" What the hell are you, a PR baby? Nobody needs that vague bullshit, so please don't spread it. Vague bullshit is what killed SWTOR. Vague bullshit is what made people hope for guild ships and customized housing one day, but that stuff hasn't happened a year after the game has released, and it's over obsessive fans like you who fawn over every aspect of the game that helps ruin it by not realizing that there are very significant flaws and clinks in the design. I know, because I was like that with TOR. You can't accept bullshit with the clause of "it'll be better someday, just you wait!" If you accept it then that's what they'll give you.

Future expansions don't matter now, and I think it's completely nonsensical to put your hopes on what a game that'll come out in a year will be like even in the further future. Jesus Christ. What comes out at release is what matters, what comes out at release is what people will judge the game by, even if it improves over time.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-01-23 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Haha
    Good one.
    And LFD is a great feature, the no-consequences via x-server aspect of it isn't.

They said up to 48h, I imagine they're getting alot of applications and they probably have to check each of them or something.
    How can you praise the LFD feature but still have reservations of the no-consequences of the x-server aspect of it?

I mean isn't that what LFD does? How would a LFD feature only on a single realm? Sure it could probably work towards the end game but how would such a feature work at the lower levels?

The thing is people have not patience. The common complaint you hear is "I don't want to join a guild to play a game". You don't have to join a guild to play a game. In fact most of what I have done, raiding, heroic raiding, dungeons, etc has all been done outside of my guild. I've spent all my time in a RP guild where PVE and PVP isn't the main objective

Its easier if you learn to make friends. Otherwise why on earth are you playing an MMO? After all MMOs require some kind of social interaction. Blizzard had to remove group quests too cause of this and also cause there were not enough people out in the world.

But that is what LFD did. It didn't teach people about their class cause its so easy to get carried in a group of 5 when you have 4 others carrying your ass. And then you have people that screw up in Heroic dungeons.

LFD isn't a good feature. Is it a time saver? Sure. Is it convenient? Sure. But it doesn't offer anything to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It most likely went to your spam folder, I have gmail and I know that mine did. I had to go in there and mark it as "not spam".

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Firstly, how does LFD have anything to do with what I said? Maybe that was your example of how WoW "ruined the MMO community" (although a game that pulled MMORPGs from the niche rut to one of the forefront of video gaming hardly ruined the genre), but it's completely irrelevant to this discussion. So if anything, get over yourself, because you're obviously bringing anti-WoW agendas in here that were wrought from my example of WoW. As much as you dislike the game, it's still a pretty good example of a good game. I quit the game too, but I can respect that there are many good things about it. I'm hardly "you folk" when I haven't played WoW in two years.

So it feels completely natural and immersive to you when there are walls in the middle of nowhere, right? Yea, that seems just like everyday life. Remember that time when you were walking outside and then all of a sudden you stopped?

You "are sure that in future expansions zones will open up while new challenges are faced?" What the hell are you, a PR baby? Nobody needs that vague bullshit, so please don't spread it. Vague bullshit is what killed SWTOR. Vague bullshit is what made people hope for guild ships and customized housing one day, but that stuff hasn't happened a year after the game has released, and it's over obsessive fans like you who fawn over every aspect of the game that helps ruin it by not realizing that there are very significant flaws and clinks in the design. I know, because I was like that with TOR.
    I am bringing WoW agenda in here? Whatever you said in your post was about what WoW has and TES:O doesn't. You talking like WoW doesn't have walls? We still have walls in the Eastern Kingdoms since you can't fly across the elf starting area. Doesn't that ruin the immersion?

And I am pretty sure they are going to work something out in a way it doesn't make you feel like you are walking against a wall. And you talk about vague bulshit? Isn't that what the blizzard devs have been feeding you people?

"Oh character re-models will be done SOON". "Oh that is on our to do list". "Yes we plan on doing it in the future". Well no one gives a shit about ToR. Half the time the game was just hyped. You had a bunch of Star Wars lunatics that were so clouded about the franchise, they over looked the game from the start. I am just surprised anyone actually expected it to be a "hit".

WoW is hardly a good example of a good game these days. That is why they are losing subscribers. It is nothing more than a lobby within a theme park. You park yourself in a city and queue for things. How does dailies in WoW help in immersion? Are you telling me that I have to kill Problem a million times before he forgets to spawn in Tol Barrad?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am bringing WoW agenda in here? Whatever you said in your post was about what WoW has and TES:O doesn't. You talking like WoW doesn't have walls? We still have walls in the Eastern Kingdoms since you can't fly across the elf starting area. Doesn't that ruin the immersion?

And I am pretty sure they are going to work something out in a way it doesn't make you feel like you are walking against a wall. And you talk about vague bulshit? Isn't that what the blizzard devs have been feeding you people?

"Oh character re-models will be done SOON". "Oh that is on our to do list". "Yes we plan on doing it in the future". Well no one gives a shit about ToR. Half the time the game was just hyped. You had a bunch of Star Wars lunatics that were so clouded about the franchise, they over looked the game from the start. I am just surprised anyone actually expected it to be a "hit".

WoW is hardly a good example of a good game these days. That is why they are losing subscribers. It is nothing more than a lobby within a theme park. You park yourself in a city and queue for things. How does dailies in WoW help in immersion? Are you telling me that I have to kill Problem a million times before he forgets to spawn in Tol Barrad?
    This really shouldn't be discussed here. It's Elder Scrolls not a WoW bash thread. As tempting as I am to make a compelling argument to make defending WoW I will resist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    This really shouldn't be discussed here. It's Elder Scrolls not a WoW bash thread. As tempting as I am to make a compelling argument to make defending WoW I will resist.
    I am only responding to what he said. No one brought up WoW in this thread without reason. He started comparing TES:O to WoW. If he likes WoW so much, let him stick to WoW. We don't need goofs like him ruining a game and franchise that everyone has come to love and which has a player base bigger than WoW.

Half the WoW population are filled with Asians that enjoy grinding their ass 24/7.

Holy shit; dailies, character models, Tol Barad, how is any of this related to the discussion, and how are you still denying that you don't have an anti-WoW agenda? It's also hilarious that you think "no flying in elf starting zone" is anywhere as significant as the "you can't explore more than half of the world" issue in ESO.

Mentioning one WoW aspect doesn't mean I agree with the entire game, there are still reasons why I quit. And "you people"? Wipe the foam off your jaws, your rabid is showing. I haven't played the game in 2 years, but I'm not enough of an idiot to forget why they have more than double the amount of subscribers than the game next in line. There are good aspects of WoW, and one of them is the freedom of the world.

Are you honestly defending restriction? Tell me, I would like you to say it, because that's what you're doing. You're defending restrictions and denying freedom in the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:24 AM ----------

I am only responding to what he said. No one brought up WoW in this thread without reason. He started comparing TES:O to WoW. If he likes WoW so much, let him stick to WoW. We don't need goofs like him ruining a game and franchise that everyone has come to love and which has a player base bigger than WoW.

Half the WoW population are filled with Asians that enjoy grinding their ass 24/7.
    And now you're being racist. No wonder you have a tendency for "you people".

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Umm, how exactly is that goofy? Lol. That's how most 1st person AND 3rd person games work on PC.
    Just doesn't jive well for me, not what I'm used to in an mmorpg. Also, the Skyrim type of controls give me motion sickness. If I can't turn and look like I do on WoW, Rift, LOTRO, etc etc- I'm not going to be able to play it. It starts off with quickly getting a headache, then quickly getting a feeling like I'm going to puke.

I remember the first time a long time ago that I saw a friend playing Doom, any type of first person game, or even a 3rd person game with the wrong type of looking around controls does it to me. I don't think that any game maker ever takes that into account when they make a game, but hopefully this game will keep with the same mmorpg style controls of turning left and right instead of strafe with the movement keys and look to a direction with the mouse as they have previously in their games.