Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I played Diablo III, and after the first Act, it got old FAST. I quit playing it before long. So glad I got it free.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

I just hope in the expansion they decide to add minimum 10 more abilities per class and use the original rune system they had intended.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    no its not worth it unless you like playing Months for a better Numbers

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I just hope in the expansion they decide to add minimum 10 more abilities per class and use the original rune system they had intended.
    We have to wait for another like 50 years for the expansion =/ I'll probably be back into HC raiding by that time.

Yes it's worth $59.99. Ignore the haters. If you had fun with the demo there's plenty more fun to be had in the game.

It's a very different kind of game to Skyrim though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The game has plenty of abilities and I like the current rune system. Diablo is not the sort of game where billions of abilities are a good thing, you can only use a handful of them effectively anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    Diablo 3 bulk of game play is derived from grinding the same areas for countless hours hoping for gear. It's a game that is so tedious that many gamers prefer to run bots until they have enough gold and or gear to progress. How I look at it is this; would final fantasy ii/iv been an enjoyable experience if the bulk of the game play was grinding for the pink tail. That would be ridiculous, however, Diablo 3 is basically this premise expounded on greatly.
    But that's how every Diablo game worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Its the best $60 you will regret spending, you will hate the game yet keep playing it. Reminds me of that tranny hooker

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I only got D3 because I was part of WoW's annual pass. After logging even close to 50 or so hours, I wouldn't pay $60 for the game...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Its the best $60 you will regret spending, you will hate the game yet keep playing it. Reminds me of that tranny hooker
    I hated the game and stopped playing it. It was a samey largely uninteresting grind fest. It took all the worst qualities of WoW and made them even worse with an inconsistent "difficulty" if it can be called that. Sorry but face rolling 90% of the elite packs until you get that one combo that just ruins your day isn't much in the way of challenge.

I haven't played torchlight two, and most of my friends have a pretty big boner for path of exile, but selecting between the three I can only heartily not recommend anything but diablo 3. It's a mediocre game that only got play time from me because I made money off the RMAH while I was still looking for a job and only then because of the annual pass.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes it's worth $59.99. Ignore the haters.
    Just because many people have a different opinion then yours dose not make them haters.

OP asked for Opinion's and even tho I got near 200hrs in d3 I still say its not worth 60$ when there is a lot of better 60$ choice's.

Just to name a few 60$ choice's

Borderlands 2
    Skyrim DLC "is around 50$ or so total"
    If you got a xbox 360 "Gears of War Judgement"
    Guild Wars 2 "Pick up and play at your own speed cause content will never be outdated"
    'The Secert World" Just went Buy to Play

So there are many and a lot better choice's to spend 60$ on then d3 now if D3 was a 30$ game or less I would say pick it up. But with the lame story and decent at best gameplay I personally can't tell someone its worth 60$.

"To be clear all that was just my opinion"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because many people have a different opinion then yours dose not make them haters.

OP asked for Opinion's and even tho I got near 200hrs in d3 I still say its not worth 60$ when there is a lot of better 60$ choice's.

Borderlands 2
    Guild Wars 2 "Pick up and play at your own speed cause content will never be outdated"

So there are many and a lot better choice's to spend 60$ on then d3 now if D3 was a 30$ game or less I would say pick it up. But with the lame story and decent at best gameplay I personally can't tell someone its worth 60$.

And the problem is ... that ALL these games will be LONG time shelved and D3 will still be played in 5 years time with the USUAL massive support Blizzard and the updating gives to these games...

Give it a break: look at what launched in MMO land since WOW (2004) ... and look how many of these games are STILL being played massively by millions now.

Answer: NONE.

Same goes for RTS genre in which Blizzard launches: like SC2...

Same goes for Hack&Slach with D3.

---
    The games you mention have a huge following, yes, but in 5 years time they will be just a blip in history, while D3 with its second expansion pack will just be relaunched by then.

it has been like that with Blizzard games for 20 years and 1.4 billion dollars yearly revenue is an assurance to this in the future.

Blizzard games are not even played for their "story" as story is trivial in LONG term video game play... What story is there behind Fifa 13? Mario? Pac Man? Dota games ?

Just a nice painting on the wall. But the CORE of any good long term played game is ENGINE and game play first.

The rest is history and some blabla.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-23 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    I have put about 150 hours of my time in Diablo 3 before I got bored with it, which is something I unfortunately can't say for most games that sell for 60 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    A post from BenBos white knighting blizzard again.
    Dude really go somewhere every single D3/WOW thread that comes up you post in it white knighting blizzard when someone has stated there opinion about said game and why they don't like it.

As for your comment Skyrim is still being played by many player's Torchlight II is still getting played by many players.

Tons of games are still getting played by many player's.

Blizzard is not some Holy Grail in the gaming world. Personally I'm done replying to you just going to put you on ignore.

First person ever I had to do that on here you should feel special.

"tip" If you don't like the fact that other peoples opinion may be different then yours don't talk on a forum.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted

Borderlands 2

Did you even bother reading the OP, why in the seven hells would he want a MMO? He clearly says he wants something with exploration and dungeon crawling and a simple skill system, other than Skyrim while he is waiting for ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Did you even bother reading the OP, why in the seven hells would he want a MMO? He clearly says he wants something with exploration and dungeon crawling and a simple skill system, other than Skyrim while he is waiting for ESO.
    So out of the 4 things I posted in that reply you picked two to bitch about.

The point of that post was to show there are better 60$ choice's out there not to give tips on what the OP could buy. So why in the seven hells did you not read the post clearly before replying.

As I said that reply was to show the person I was replying to there is way better 60$ choice's then D3 it was not a reply to the OP. I already replyed to the OP in my original post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it's hard to say. I think it's worth it as I still play D3 and have logged quite some hours, but the game isn't for everyone. I'd wait till it goes up for sale. Having said that, if you aren't someone who just blindly bought D3 without knowing what kind of gameplay it has, then you'll easily get 200-400 hours out of D3. There's not many games out there that give you that much played time.

To be fair the game was worth $60 when it released ... the original inferno was nice to play through. Once stat inflation sky rocketed it showed how weak the itemization in the game is and how the content can't keep up with it. I don't think grinding your paragon to 100 is worth $60, but going around collecting all the achievs and challenges can get you your moneys worth. That is unless you like to grind run the same map 10000 over. D3 is perfect for that kind of play. To each his own.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2013-01-23 at 09:42 AM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Diablo 3 but it definately isn't worth $60 in my opinion.

(personally) d3 was the biggest waste of money iv ever spent on the game, act 1 was great, alot of fun actually, but thats as far as it gets. There is no depth what so ever, it is so casualled down its sickening.

Deleted
    So out of the 4 things I posted in that reply you picked two to bitch about.

The point of that post was to show there are better 60$ choice's out there not to give tips on what the OP could buy. So why in the seven hells did you not read the post clearly before replying.

As I said that reply was to show the person I was replying to there is way better 60$ choice's then D3 it was not a reply to the OP. I already replyed to the OP in my original post.
    Are any of the games you posted and exporation based adventure game with dungeon crawling and an easy skill sytem (except skyrim which he stated wants to take a break from)? What are we talking about here?

How are your preferences in any way relevant. Why are we talking about "better choices"?

Reading comprehension is a bitch.