Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Sha Gems and Sockets seem a little expensive...

Sha Touched Gems cost 10k to replace and Eye of the Black Prince costs 2.5k to replace.

I understand that these are legendary items and should be "difficult to obtain" and that it's entirely possible to obtain 12.5k in a few weeks solely from dailies. I also get that these items can be saved until you have a BiS or near BiS weapon.

However, I also understand that there are about 500k worth of gold sink mounts. Most things on the black market auction house go for at least 50k (discluding invitations of course). Weapon enchants cost about 5k (and used to be 10k).

I don't know it just kind of erks me that blizzard has added yet another substantial cost to this xpac if you want some freedom in upgrading your weapons.

Thoughts, opinions? Am I alone on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd think you are, 10k for a 500 main stat gem is a good price.
    add in about 2.5k for 160 main stat?
    Perfectly reasonable prices. Especially since you get the first ones for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The game is awash in gold. Of course Blizzard added gold sinks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Maybe the replacement gem is a bit steep. I think 7k would be good.

I'm a bit pissed about the Yak being 120k tho. They didn't need to double it from 60k after they made it account-wide. 80 or 90k would have been fine.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I really don't see whats wrong with this, the game absolutely needs gold sinks and as said previously its a very fair price for what you get.

Dailys/professions provide you with alot of gold along with playing the auction house and having your own farm to grow crops in is also very profitable for very little effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think these "legendaries" are already way too common to be even fitting of the name. Let's try not to make them cheaper by lowering replacement costs.

You can get the replacements cheaper at the VP vendor.
    9k gem, 2.25k socket*

*if you have guild perk

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a gold sink, but a rather cheap one compared to some others out there. Honestly though if you put in a little effort into making gold you can easily afford it. If you don't bother....you're going to find everything expensive.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-01-23 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I really don't see whats wrong with this, the game absolutely needs gold sinks and as said previously its a very fair price for what you get.

Dailys/professions provide you with alot of gold along with playing the auction house and having your own farm to grow crops in is also very profitable for very little effort.
    I hate attitudes like this. Believe it or not, not everyone sits in front of the auction house pretending to be a stock broker. Some of us just play the game, and for us, these prices are absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I hate attitudes like this. Believe it or not, not everyone sits in front of the auction house pretending to be a stock broker. Some of us just play the game, and for us, these prices are absurd.
    Well maybe you should walk arround without your gem and socket then.
    If you don't wanna put in the effort, which would be minimal for such an ammount.

Also where did you spend all the gold from leveling/dailies on if i may ask?

It is expensive.

Now sure, There are people that have 250k gold on each of the 11 characters they have and 10k gold is absolutely nothing to their wallet.

But for people like me? 10k Basically robs me of everything I have, No repairs, No gemming or enchanting....It should be a little cheaper

THey want people to be making wise choices with them, not wantonly using them.

But for people like me? 10k Basically robs me of everything I have, No repairs, No gemming or enchanting....It should be a little cheaper
    Have you tried leaving the shrine, doing some dailies, crafting some gear and selling it? I've made 10k in a few days off 476 crafted epics alone...

We have to admit that some gold sinks are way too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    It is expensive.

Now sure, There are people that have 250k gold on each of the 11 characters they have and 10k gold is absolutely nothing to their wallet.

do dailies? lol 10k doenst take that long to accumulate, plus you shouldnt need to do it that often

Deleted
    If the 10K/2.5K are to much for you, DONT STICK IT IN YOUR LFR WEAPON
    Wait till you get what you want to put it in, and then do it.

Blizzard is finally trying to combat gold inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The game is awash in gold. Of course Blizzard added gold sinks.
    Problem is not everyone has hundred thousand gold per toon on their 20 toons...
    Some people only have 10k~ before spending on any of the gold sinks this expansion has become about...
    Its a little annoying watching everything cost insane amounts of gold just because some people have a lot of gold.

I spent 10k on the legendary daggers sure, they were totally worth it, I'm sure the cost here will be worth it too, but that's all this expansion seems to have is goldv sinks everywhere... Irks me a lot that they are tuning everything into gold sinks without making gold much easier to get to match.(Yes its easy.)

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Its a little annoying watching everything cost insane amounts of gold just because some people have a lot of gold.
    A few things.
    1) it's not just "some people" who have a lot of gold. Dedicated players tend to have a lot of gold as a result of the effort they put into the game.
    2) Legendaries like Thunderfury have demanded large financial investiture to obtain; elementium wasn't cheap. However if you have a guild covering expenses
    3) then a guild interested in helping its members gear "properly" for the legendary will fork out the gold to dedicated main raiders who may need assistance.

10k isn't a ridiculous amount of gold, not these days. Maybe back in BC. ofc epic flying was 5000g back then... something several dedicated players had on numerous toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I think these "legendaries" are already way too common to be even fitting of the name. Let's try not to make them cheaper by lowering replacement costs.
    They are way to common (imo keeping them out of the hands of the LFRaiders would be a step in the right direction) but once you've got them, there shouldn't be a "gold sink" for replacing them.

What the hell is with people on this site? They are LEGENDARY for a reason, not "Oh lets just hand these out to everyone for 5 copper and call it a day." I got reported for saying the "c-word" but you know you are one. Maybe if you did some dailies every day, or actually moved from the inn you'd have some gold. In the last week I've made 90k just doing dailies, selling herbs and ore, running heroics, selling battle pets from Old Raids I solo for Mogging. Jesus, isn't it enough you can get these damn things from LFR? Maybe we should just log in and instantly get full heroic T14.