Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    I think you're the first person I legitimately believe enjoys LFR. It's nice to see.
    People who are happy with things rarely make noise. I enjoy LFR, most dailies (DIAF Klaxxi) and Pandaria in general.

But you know, squeeky wheels and grease.

Also I'm not starting MSV normal. I'm starting MSV and HoF heroic... Did you even bother to look at the guild before assuming I'd be doing normals?
    Well you ARE just starting to gear, which starts in LFR and normal modes. Going from a fresh level 90 > 2 weeks of LFR > Heroic raid progression isn't a very typical path for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Well you ARE just starting to gear, which starts in LFR and normal modes. Going from a fresh level 90 > 2 weeks of LFR > Heroic raid progression isn't a very typical path for most people.
    Unfortunately it's the path I have to deal with. I'd much rather play my better geared monk, but with a feral tank and rogue that got denied in favour of skull banner.

I am not looking forward to raids atm.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it's the path I have to deal with. I'd much rather play my better geared monk, but with a feral tank and rogue that got denied in favour of skull banner.

Then why do them? Unless your guild is RL friends or something surely it's better/easier to find a new guild that will let you play what class/spec you want rather than force you to play one you don't like as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    your luck sucks people,
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Flummer/simple <-- my hunter,
    nearly fully geared, done vault 10 times, HoF 8 times, terrence 5 times, it takes time too get gear.. u wont get everything on first try, some weeks u get 1-2 things some weeks u get nothin, its just how RnG works =P
    been doing terrace since it was out and my main is still missing the same 2 pieces tier shoulders and sha touched gun

yet my druid need nothing from lfr .... my hunter is my main...

Ehh, if they asked you to reroll I'm sure there is some expectation or plan to "carry" you to some gear when/where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Then why do them? Unless your guild is RL friends or something surely it's better/easier to find a new guild that will let you play what class/spec you want rather than force you to play one you don't like as much.
    I've known them for years now. They're good friends of mine, and I want to raid with them. I have no real issue playing a warrior, in fact, I love my warrior. My issue is the fact that I have to jump right into heroics and hold them back due to a weird ass RNG system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    been doing terrace since it was out and my main is still missing the same 2 pieces tier shoulders and sha touched gun

yet my druid need nothing from lfr .... my hunter is my main...
    stopped doing LFR on my dk, since now with the minimum range removed hunter is so much more fun imo, and i got sick off doing elegon without getting the sword(9 elegon kills) ^^ was so funny, some weeks ago.. i only need hands token from the guy after garalon in LFR, got shoulders, used coin got ring, and dident need any of those 2, RnG works in myterious ways

I have to jump right into heroics and hold them back due to a weird ass RNG system.
    Your guild has already finished the tier, so I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. . .

Unfortunately completing the tier doesn't allow you to just reroll without having to go through the 'standard progression path' of which a SMALL part is LFR.

Twice actually. Which is a small amount, but is what I said, and no. I expect to get more than the same belt over and over.

Also I'm not starting MSV normal. I'm starting MSV and HoF heroic... Did you even bother to look at the guild before assuming I'd be doing normals?

So basically you want to jump into HEROIC raid content with just running LFR...

Anyone else seeing a problem here?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Gear thread mill for bad players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i stopped doing LFR, cause so many people are being afk during it making the encounter so long. beside that every interresting dodge mechanic has been weakend so badly you can ignore them. sure on some fights its a good thing, but on stuff like windsbombs on windlord or breath of fear on sha of fear its just sad.
    This is why I hate LFR. I dont care that its seperate progression path or that it "gives epics".

Its that LFR almost promotes bad play and destructive gameplay. You can just go afk or get yourself killed (LikeElegonCough) and still get loot. Even if you get kicked, you still got the loot (whether its gold or epics) and you can just continue doing that forever and wont get slowed down more than 30 mins or so compared to others who make effort in lfr. If someone would play like this on normal guilds they would get kicked within 2 bosses or raid-nights.
    Not like you could get reported for it. What would you get warning for? Not enough dps? Not gonna happen.

I wouldnt mind if it was for people who dont have guilds or do stuff casually. Or alts to get geared before raids.
    But this is flat out exploitable way to get gear with no punishment. But what can I do, its not like LFR will become "almost as hard as normals" ever. Maybe in next xpack (and get quickly bandaided to afk levels)

i actually enjoy lfr. the Q times arent bad if u have a healer friend Q u in and then leave making it instant for pure dps, its a way for free loot and some valor points plus its faster then heroics unless u get a buncha morons.

Are we really 8 years into this game and people still don't understand the concept of random loot?

There are plenty of threads like this, no need to make another.

Deleted
    Seriously, can anyone explain this to me? I used to know the point of it, but I don't anymore. It just seems like a way to waste a couple hours of my life and make a few hundred gold while reading a book. =/
    a) Isn't all raiding a "waste" of life? Ultimately it contributes to nothing when the plug gets pulled.
    b) Does anyone actually tab out / watch TV / read a book while doing LFR? If you do then please stop queuing, some of us actually put in effort in order to get the boss down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    For players that had barriers to Normal mode raiding to be able to experience raiding. (Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.)
    What you experience in LFR is not "raiding" by any sensible definition.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    a) Isn't all raiding a "waste" of life? Ultimately it contributes to nothing when the plug gets pulled.
    No. Some raiding is extremely fulfilling (I will remember killing Vashj/Kael with my guild for the rest of my life).

b) Does anyone actually tab out / watch TV / read a book while doing LFR? If you do then please stop queuing, some of us actually put in effort in order to get the boss down.
    Yes, many people do. If you have a problem with that you should take it up with Blizzard.

Personally I enjoy LFR, due to my bussiness I can at most do 1 raid a week, and only if it starts at 8PM-9PM on a Friday, lucky me I found such a guild, but of course it is still progressing in Normal MSV.

Now with LFR, I'm able to gear up during the weekend at my own pace (I can drop out of the LFR whenever I need to go irl and no one is annoyed), and I see the content.
    Granted the loot can sometimes be annoying, my shaman got nearly fully LFR(or VP) geared at a very short time, my alt rogue still needs a lot of LFR items from way before Xmas....but oh well, eventually i'll get those sha touched weapons on him too...

I used to be a semi to hardcore raider back in vanilla/tbc/halfway wotlk(yogg), then I started my company and was able to raid a lot less and mostly just got "boosted", I was really happy with LFR being introduced in cata.
    Soon my brother and his wife will be 90, so we can do LFR with us 3, looking forward to that...so I can laugh at him when he falls in the pit below Elegon... >

LFR allows me to see the content and pretend I'm still raiding.

Deleted
    I wished we could report those who is leeching througe the LFR , you want the loot, but dont want to help , today we had four of them standing afk, two healers and two dps, not fair to the other four healers , i really wished we could kick you during the fights , or report you , so you have to give back the loot you got, if you helped out, it it would goes much faster , and then you have been working for the loot =) hopefully blizz will do something about those lazy ppl in the future, maybe send the dps meter ^^