Should I keep talking to him?

So some of you may remember there was a topic where I was meeting this guy for the first time and am socially awkward so was nervous. Some of you may also recall we went out ate, went back to his place talked a lot listened to music and ended up spooning for about an hour and at some point a nap occurred. Now I wanted to be friends and if dating happened dating happened. So we're talking one day and he asks if my mother knows i'm dating him, so since I was open to it I just assume then that he considered we were dating. Which was not true as I found out this week as on our last outing he was texting here and there and was like "thanks for the hang man" at the end. So I bring it up and he says he's sorry and what he really meant was if my mother knows i'm dating guys then he says I am definitely not undatable and we could end up dating but he thinks that good relationships should start as good friendships. Then I noticed his status on facebook which was
    Every time I stop talking to him, I immediately regret having stopped talking to him.
    now I was texting him and he suddenly stopped talking to me, but I highly doubt he's talking about me. I would like to be his friend as we have a lot in common but that yoyo shit and the misleading.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-01-23 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So some of you may remember there was a topic where I was meeting this guy for the first time and am socially awkward so was nervous. Some of you may also recall we went out ate, went back to his place talked a lot listened to music and ended up spooning for about an hour and at some point a nap occurred. Now I wanted to be friends and if dating happened dating happened. So we're talking one day and he asks if my mother knows i'm dating him, so since I was open to it I just assume then that he considered we were dating. Which was not true as I found out this week as on our last outing he was texting here and there and was like "thanks for the hang man" at the end. So I bring it up and he says he's sorry and what he really meant was if my mother knows i'm dating guys then he says I am definitely not undatable and we could end up dating but he thinks that good relationships should start as good friendships. Then I noticed his status on facebook which was now I was texting him and he suddenly stopped talking to me, but I highly doubt he's talking about me. I would like to be his friend as he have a lot in common but that yoyo shit and the misleading.
    Yeah, sounds to me like he went out with you after breaking up with another guy, but regretted it and realized he's not ready to be serious with someone else yet. At least he didn't try to lead you on while he was thinking about someone else.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, sounds to me like he went out with you after breaking up with another guy, but regretted it and realized he's not ready to be serious with someone else yet. At least he didn't try to lead you on while he was thinking about someone else.
    He hasn't had a boyfriend for a couple years. I think he's probably dating someone if anything.

It sounds like he really doesn't know what he even wants when it comes to a relationship.

No good will come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No good will come from this.
    That's what I am thinking. I just don't know for sure whether or not he'd ever consider dating me. Which is why I will talk to him today and tell him I can either be his friend or a guy he's dating, but not the friend who you're going to keep open the option of dating. That is emotionally straining. I rather no hope of ever being together, but being friends.