Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Alright! Looking forward to that new screenshot.
    The last one was a joke It's just that people who build more UIs than they play the actual game tend to get obsessed with having the same texture on everything. Such as Castbar, Healthbar and Omen/Recount. Aswell as using the same Font everywhere.
    As for the pixel perfection, same thing goes there. If something is not aligned across the screen, on the same pixel height, they will notice, trust me
    Oh God no things like perfect alignment and slight differences in textures mean nothing to me when I'm actually playing haha. I just generally like to remove everything I either don't need or don't need to see. I play on a 32" monitor and the more free space the better without stopping me from playing to top of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Can anyone please suggest improvements to my UI?
    - My raid frames are the Grid in the top left hand corner which because I'm now a healer and generally watching them I can easily look up to see my mana.
    - I know having my raid frames there compared to say a central position is really weird as a healer but I've always had them there so the center of my screen is clear to play.
    - Since I now play Discipline only the top left Bartender bars with CDs on is visible and everything else is hidden.
    - I'll also add that during combat - when Shadow - Recount disappears and Omen3 shows up in its place.
    1. When I'm healing that target cast bar is removed and I just use the one on Ag_uf because it's easy to read and I generally know when a mob/boss is about to cast something important due to DBM. I may enable it for more important cast bars like when in Amber Construct but I doubt it.

2. Also removed the black border on PA timers already.

3. I've tried central raid frames before and hated them but I do know the obvious advantage.
    Oh God no things like perfect alignment and slight differences in textures mean nothing to me when I'm actually playing haha. I just generally like to remove everything I either don't need or don't need to see. I play on a 32" monitor and the more free space the better without stopping me from playing to top of my ability.
    You want improvements on your UI, but it seems to me that your UI is set up in one very special way, one that probably only you use.
    Texture, border and font unification across the UI? That doesn't matter to you. Neither does alignment.

My take on this: Your UI will look like a random mess as long as you keep using different textures and fonts everywhere.

You've got stuff spread all over your screen. It would be a lot better if you gathered your most important UI elements together and placed them in a bottom/center position. And get rid of Omen, you shouldn't need it at all.
    You should have a look at the color on your frames aswell. At least from your old screenshot I can see that your Unit Frames and Raid Frames have different color. Either change Grid to be class colored or Unit Frames to be the same gray color as Grid.

Unify your UI elements. Find one font, texture and border you like and try to use it on all frames. Try to gather them more to the center, that's where you should be looking most of the time anyway.

All noted and appreciate the advice. I wouldn't say I had a messy UI but that's your take on it.

I'm starting to level up my DK alt tonight and am doing a new UI so will try something more central.

Also why as a DPS Priest (that I was in the screenshot) not benefit from Omen? I like to know my threat on fresh adds etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also why as a DPS Priest (that I was in the screenshot) not benefit from Omen? I like to know my threat on fresh adds etc.
    Not being sarcastic here at all serious question : When you target a new add and start your rotaiton are you looking around the room at stuff you must avoid, timers for abilities you need to pay attention to and spells comming off cd and ensuring all your dots are up or do you stare at Omen to see your threat climb on the new add?

If you are not looking at it at the begining and you are focusing on other things all over the place (personal opinion is this is what you should be doing) then it would probbaly be more beneficial to have something like tidy plates threat plates installed so you can see a visual que over the mob you are targeting of your threat and you can focus on more important stuff going on around you. Staring at omen reduces situational awareness as you must focus on a part of the screen that is not productive towards the current fight.

just my take on it and one way that a simple addon addition to a UI can greatly improove QOL and awareness

You don't have to worry about threat as long as the tank hits the mob at least once, and if anything happens you've got Fade anyway.
    Omen in general isn't needed for any dps.

Deleted
    All noted and appreciate the advice. I wouldn't say I had a messy UI but that's your take on it.

I'm starting to level up my DK alt tonight and am doing a new UI so will try something more central.

I'm a shadow priest as well and I have my tidyplates tell me threat.

Works better than omen tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Felonidas View Post
    I'm a shadow priest as well and I have my tidyplates tell me threat.

Works better than omen tbh.
    Well, same here. And I've just tuned up the warning threshhold really high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    You can easily make an UI like this without having to configurate through a lua.
    What you need are the following addons ->

KGPanels
    Stuf or Pitbull4 unitframes
    Bartender or Dominos
    Masque + Masque clean icons or some other skin
    AZCastbar or quartz
    Weakauras
    Phanxbuffs
    Skada or recount
    Sldatatext
    Big wigs or DBM
    Chatter or prat
    Chinchilla minimap
    Actually you only need:

- elvui
    - stuf unit frames
    - bartender

To get a bit of the same look.

Also here's an update:

I know it isn't in a raid, so it's incomplete.
    Last edited by mmoc83543bdc66; 2013-01-23 at 06:13 PM.

Updated one I found from last night: http://imageshack.us/a/img841/734/wo...1813145740.jpg

All feedback so far has been good. Changes so far:

- In regards to Omen3 I do actually agree with all of you but I'm so used to having it I just... do. Since gotten rid of it as I do already have Tidy Plates: Threat Plates installed for telling me when I have aggro.
    - I tried having the Grid colours the same as unit frames and whilst they look a little cleaner I found it harder to see health defecits.
    - I've changed MSBT CD ready statuses to just be an icon flash on my character the same way Doom Cooldown Pulse does. Only thing I don't like about it is the icons don't have a border but I can't work out how to get Power Auras to flash me the icon of a spell coming off CD but it then disappearing.
    - I know Weak Auras > Power Auras but I can't be bothered replicating all my auras and learning how to use WA.
    - Also use DoTimer in Icon form to the left of Grid to track evangelism/Archangel now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZealousSpartan View Post
    Came out a little bigger than I thought it would o.O. New to posting images
    READ-THOSE-BEFORE-POSTING-IMAGES-Image-linking-guides-collection

Stickied right on the front page. Now go read it!

This is my ui, I think its fine, but there is always more that can be done. I'm open to feedback!

OOC

In Combat

Last edited by ZealousSpartan; 2013-01-23 at 11:10 PM.

Updated one I found from last night: http://imageshack.us/a/img841/734/wo...1813145740.jpg
    Yes, I like this one a lot more actually.
    If you would like to, TouchyMcfeel on youtube has a pretty good guide on setting up Weak Auras. You could check that out of you ever want to make the switch from PA.

Yeh I think I will try move to WeakAuras soon because I know it is far better than Power Auras. It just looks a little daunting when I first opened it up. Luckily the only time I do use WeakAuras is when I steal others imports for my Druid

At the moment Power Auras works because I just have very standard auras needed for ability CDs and encounter debuffs.

Deleted
    This is my ui, I think its fine, but there is always more that can be done. I'm open to feedback!

OOC

In Combat

i'd recommend that you get rid of the zone text and clock on the minimap, makes it look clunky, and maybe download clean icons/masque to skin those buff icons, other than that nice and clean UI

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally getting somewhere with my UI. Still a couple of things I'd like to do:

• Increase the amount of player buffs in the top right.
    • Sort out the role icon on the party frames
    • Sort out the buffs on the party frames
    • Fix the boss ability emotes in the middle of the screen (They appear fuzzy and the wrong size)

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

• Fix the boss ability emotes in the middle of the screen (They appear fuzzy and the wrong size)

Looks very nice. I always concidered your UI's an inspiration for my personal UI work, minimal but still with all required information in place.

I noticed the party borders on the party frames buffs go behind the HP bar where they overlap the frame. Is that a design choice or do you still need to fix the frame level? I've been playing arround with buffs/debuffs/aura's overlapping my UI frames partially and I'm close to finsihing it for testing purpose.

On a general note, and I would like to hear your point of view Carebear (other opponions are welcome aswell), what's your idea about buffs/debuffs/auras setup on the player and target frames? I'm always having a hard time making minimalistic frames and messing arround with the buff layout. I feel buffs/debuffs make or break your layout. Do you just show all (de)buffs or did you try filtering them? Just one row or let them stack?

Personally, I'm thinking of going for a filtered setup (like filger f.e.) but that's so hard to keep it updated/managed. Maybe a split setup for PvP/PvE purposes? Curious to see what you guys think about this.
    Requests by PM [closed] - My work

What unit frames are those? They look really nice.

Deleted
    finally getting somewhere with my ui. Still a couple of things i'd like to do:

• increase the amount of player buffs in the top right.
    • sort out the role icon on the party frames
    • sort out the buffs on the party frames
    • fix the boss ability emotes in the middle of the screen (they appear fuzzy and the wrong size)

gimme dat ui d:

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What unit frames are those? They look really nice.
    Knowing carebear, they're either StUF or oUF.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Knowing carebear, they're either StUF or oUF.
    oUF meh I can't write lua at all. I really like the bars though >.<