Thread: New arena map

10+ Year Old Account

New arena map

hi
    imo they should rly make gurubashi into an arena map, just so u get away all the line off sight crap in atleast 1 map =P

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    hi
    imo they should rly make gurubashi into an arena map, just so u get away all the line off sight crap in atleast 1 map =P
    Sounds great. No line of sight what so ever. Caster comps wouldn't be good at all, would they? How do you think this would affect healers? Ring of valor was bad enough.

Why would you ever want a map w/o LoS? God that sounds awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caster's would stomp on melee with no LoS. True story

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 03:11 PM ----------

On the other hand, something like that one 5v5 deathmatch under the Gurabashi Arena would be cool. When you go into it, rather then battling 1v1, its a series of 1v1 on 2-5 different floors. Once you defeat your opponent, you can go to a different floor to help your allies, thus for everyone it becomes a race to kill opponent to help allies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    because pillers and obstacle's feels more like player vs envirement, when the real enemy is the LoS thing and not the real player that u have too chase around =O

You don't pvp much, eh?

Melee cleaves would just train your healer into the ground in about 10 seconds flat.

I don't think you understand how important LoS is for Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Why would you ever want a map w/o LoS? God that sounds awful.
    probably why every one hates Ring of Valor.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    probably why every one hates Ring of Valor.
    RoV as a rogue in Wrath was the BEST! I wonder where the rogue is? I BET HE'S ON THAT TINY PLATFORM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Melee cleaves would just train your healer into the ground in about 10 seconds flat.

I don't think you understand how important LoS is for Arena.
    and that would make arena so much more funnier, when u can just say "die u running little ....." =P
    hate LoS so much, would be so much more enyoyable for both me and my arena m8 if it was just a plain arena =p
    "stand there and take it like a man instead off running away like a little scared ..." quote from my danish arena m8

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this would be a decent idea if they littered the grounds with wreckage in the Arena version. Think of un-climbable plies of trash/debris placed around haphazardly. Or stuff like huge broken statue remains, just anything to introduce LoS jntk the map. I think Blizz could make it happen, but like others have said previously, I'm inclined to think a map with no LoS would be terrible for melee and even more terrible for healers. I don't like the idea of a map with no LoS, as it just seems.. Empty? I dont know how else to describe it. Gurubashi is a good place to start as a concept though.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Deleted
    Would not work out at all, rather keep LoS but remove instant CC and focus on giving CC's cast timers and removing interrupts/stuns from some melee classes while shifting casters into actually having to cast, wishful thinking only probably from the direction blizzard have though .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Would not work out at all, rather keep LoS but remove instant CC and focus on giving CC's cast timers and removing interrupts/stuns from some melee classes while shifting casters into actually having to cast, wishful thinking only probably from the direction blizzard have though .
    At this point, it's impossible to do that without major outcry from the player base on an individual level. We have travelled too far down the rabbit hole of Crowd Control, and best case scenario, no more CC gets added. Ever. Blizzard will be hard-pressed to take existing CC away, much less stop adding new ones.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.