Page 3 of 254 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like this changes, gives some changes for us. Sad the eminance "nerf" but understandabel at the same time. Just wish they didnt change the eminance form you. Have the monk do 50% and statue 25%. Would be better for challeng mods and trash pulls and when you cant move your statue all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    I like this changes, gives some changes for us. Sad the eminance "nerf" but understandabel at the same time. Just wish they didnt change the eminance form you. Have the monk do 50% and statue 25%. Would be better for challeng mods and trash pulls and when you cant move your statue all the time
    It's not a nerf except for blackout kick in single target situations. The auto-attack portion remains untouched and every other ability apart from BoK has received a 100% damage increase, then if you factor in muscle memory this is a pretty big buff.

yea iknow thats why i said "nerf"

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    With Tiger Palm (as it now does double damage, it takes over blackout kick on single target). Blackout Kick will be reserved to situations where there's more than one target.
    You'll still have to use it occasionally to keep zeal up.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    You'll still have to use it occasionally to keep zeal up.
    Yea but for that you have a 200% dmg buff ot BoK

the eminence nerf is huge for our lvl90 talent xuen

Quote Originally Posted by Restofari View Post
    Now that is right, forgot about our little pussy :S

This part makes me really sad. As if our 90 talents (especially in 10s) weren't sucky enough.

Yea but for that you have a 200% dmg buff ot BoK
    yeah, makes it better than it is know, but still not as cool as TP will be :-)
    sad all our other sources of damage will get the eminance nerfbat...
    speaking of talents mostly: Xuen, RJW, the dmg part of ChiWave etc

Chi Wave didnt do eminance ehaling, same wiht ZS and chi burst. Would be dubbel dip

Chi Wave didnt do eminance ehaling, same wiht ZS and chi burst. Would be dubbel dip
    really? never checked that specifically. thought they would. the double dip wouldnt be if a problem if they would have designed+balanced it to do so from the begining.
    hate such hidden stuff, eminance clearly states it heals for all dmg we do (Chi Wave is surely not considered auto-attack damage?^^), and the talents dont say otherwise ither. anoying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    really? never checked that specifically. thought they would. the double dip wouldnt be if a problem if they would have designed+balanced it to do so from the begining.
    hate such hidden stuff, eminance clearly states it heals for all dmg we do (Chi Wave is surely not considered auto-attack damage?^^), and the talents dont say otherwise ither. anoying
    Any attack that heals and damages without eminence does not proc eminence. There is one exception to this, which is Rushing Jade Wind.

Any attack that heals and damages without eminence does not proc eminence. There is one exception to this, which is Rushing Jade Wind.
    see, even in their inconsistency they aren't conistent. that's just anoying. I wonder if you can someday rely on tooltipps to actually state exactly what every ability does...

RJW dont heal anything. Only dmg and then the dmg going into eminance healing.

At beta they said lvl 30talent wasnt meant to do eminance healing. Same wiht SCK, you dont get eminance healing from the aoe dmg

Very well done, good guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys,
    Really nice guide there, keep it updated please
    Last edited by Ogait; 2013-01-24 at 08:55 PM.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Xuen was not nerfed and is still 50%.
    GC's quote

First I'd like to start of saying thank you Zonde for the guide, I keep reading it over and over again to try and get a better understanding on how to heal as a Mistweaver Monk. With that being said, could someone please break this down to me like I'm 5 years old and still need assistance to go pee pee?

I get the just of it:

- BoK x2 for SZ
    - Tiger Palm to keep buff up
    - ReM + Uplift to spend Chi
    - Mana Tea at 2+ stacks, well I use it at 2 stacks since I'm only running heroics currently.

On paper this all makes sense to me but when I put it into practice it seems like I'm doing everything wrong. I'm not sure when to use Soothing Mist, Enveloping Mist, Surging Mist, etc. Going from a Resto Shaman to a Mistweaver Monk has literally been the toughest challenge I've had in MoP to date. I've tried setting up keybinds to make life easier but I feel I'm setting the wrong ones up.

Thanks, and I shall continue to keep an eye on the guide!

Hello Mesima,

I can understand your struggle since it's a new healing spec in the game, completely different to the other existing specs and you're testing it on an environment which picks on one of our main issues as Mistweavers (and curiously one of Resto shamans strengths) which is controlled target healing. Having said that, our healing arsenal is complemented by several 'smart' heals which should help you cover the whole party group. Healing in a 5 man group is radically different when compared to healing a 10 or 25 man group, but there are some routines that are always considered when playing a mistweaver. For heroic dungeons I would recommend that you:

- Keep ReM on CD (for means of good practice in particular) and on all party members if possible
    - Stand in melee range if you can, but avoid doing so if it will have a negative impact
    - Chi Wave or Zen Sphere are interesting choices for 5 man groups, I would recommend chi wave since it's a more flexible heal
    - You don't need to keep SZ and Tiger Power up, but doing so will allow your auto-attacks to heal and that will give you some increased efficiency. If you do so, make sure you have your statue summoned and within 20 yards of players
    - Invoke Xuen is a decent throughput CD, it's generally a good talent for heroic dungeons especially for tougher bosses like the Sha of Violence in the Shado-Pan Monastery
    - During trash you'll probably need to focus a bit more on your tank so generally Soothing Mist will be the main choice and having Enveloping Mist up as well
    - Avoid casting Surging Mist unless you really need to (and make sure you cast it whilst channeling Soothing Mist). Situations such as low player health or you need that chi ASAP and you're not in melee range, your expel harm and ReM are on CD it's your only choice for a chi regen ability.
    - I assume you're in ilvl 463 gear and at that stage DPSweaving is pretty expensive and harsh on your mana pool, avoid wasting mana but don't slack on it since you can always ask for a mana break. :P
    Last edited by Luqt; 2013-01-24 at 05:13 PM.

@mesima: if you really want to go down to the basics:
    1. ReM is a hot, that will jump and will heal 3 targets. this spell is great. expensive, but generates one Chi. use on cooldown (in 5mans at least keep it up on tank)

2. your single target healing consists off: Soothing Mists. its a low heal, that generates Chi. now while you're channeling that spell, you have your "flashheal": Surging Mists, that will instantly heal that target, and your "Greater Heal": Envelopig Mists, which costs Chi, but puts a large 6sec hot on the target.
    so in general, you just heal tank with Soothing (when he is not at full HP) and use Enveloping when hes starting to ge lower HP (lets say <80%). in the OH SHIT moments you use Surging to bring him back higher (and getting chi faster for more Envelopings) but keep an eye out for the Enveloping hot on the tank, it doesnt stack!

3. Grouphealing mostly consists of your jumping hot: Renewing Mists (short ReM, as mentioned above). you May use Chi Wave, because that jumps from enemy to friend and heals 4x while jumping, and chooses the lowest health friends first. If you want to heal the whole group, you use Uplift. that spells triggers a moderate heal on all targets that have ReM on them. As you see, thats why we try and use ReM on cooldown: so it is always spread arround, and you can use Uplift as necessary.
    We also have Spinning Crane Kick, which heals friendly players in your proximity, but that is a bit to expensive and weak if you can maximally heal 5 targets (in a 5man)

4. General stuff: keep ReM on cooldown! also use Expell Harm on cooldown. its a spell that heals yourself a bit, and grants one Chi, and is really cheap. its best to just always use it for the Chi instead to wait until you get damaged.
    Not until you have nothing to do, you actually think about the 2x Blackout Kick and Tigerpalm you mentioned straight at the beginning! but if you are in a low damage phase, you can quickly apply those 2 buffs, and then autoattack the boss. thats some passive "free" healing from then on. (you can try and keep them active if you haven't got enough other stuff to do)
    Oh, and never forget the Jade Statue, it increases your healing by copying some spells.
    In OH SHIT moments, you have life cocoon to save the tank (or an afk DPS), and Revival to save the group. in a 5man, that heals over 50% of everbodys health, its an insane "save the day" button

just try and get the hang off it, run a few 5mans. get used to the tankhealing first, then try and get the hang of grouphealing. thats the real strange bit about Mistweavers!
    oh, before someone complains, I really only mentioned basic stuff, we have other spells in our arsenal, I know that. but go step by step :-)