Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    You're pretty close to that setup though, yeah? I think the only discrepancy is the relics, otherwise, its all 27 mods. I'm still unsure about the missing 1%, but I'm currently 4k affection away from maxing Skadge, so I'll know soon if that is the issue.
    Yes I do use all 27 mods/enhancements/armorings so setups are pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    not sure because his profile on mrrobot has the maxed out companions. It used to not include the bonus from companions on mrrobot but they fixed that a while ago. If you dont have the companion maxed out for accuracy in game but you have it shown on your profile for mrrobot thats definitely where the 1% is that you're missing

I think once you get initiative 27's you can actually drop one for an Adept 27 for the extra surge. Because the 1% bonus from your companion pushes you over the edge so instead of being just under 75% surge and 1.27% over accuracy.. you can drop that 1 initiative mod for the 1 adept one. The question is though, is it better to go over 100% accuracy to lower boss defense and be just under surge cap.. or put accuracy right at 100% and be a bit over surge cap.. thats where I have the hardest time figuring out which to take.
    I maxed out Skadge last night, and that was the missing link. All thanks to this thread and you guys!

RE: Adept or Initiative..... Isn't the idea to get your accuracy number as close to 100% as possible? Anything over that is zero return, as you already hit the number you need, right? In which case, Adept all the way.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Yes I do use all 27 mods/enhancements/armorings so setups are pretty close.
    Understood. I purchased the DGRoBA last night, so I'm curious to see how this setup does in TFB HM tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The confusion with hitting as close to 100% accuracy was that we don't know the advantage we gain when going over that number. There is some return going over, but how much is still in question seeing as Bioware doing elaborate the benefit other than "there is some".

We've all just played it safe and got as close as possible and then went with more surge since we *knew* what more surge would give us. Its not necessarily a good idea to play around with something that is mysterious.

Also, adding in 27 barrels and mods will give you quite an improvement in your HM TFB

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything over 100% accuracy reduces the enemy's defense (im not sure by how much as the tooltip is extremely vague).. but since we dont know exactly what the enemy's defense rating is.. its kind of a moot point.. I think there are some heavy theory crafters that know a boss's defense rating based on the damage they do with their current stats and stuff but I can't seem to find that information.

I do know that some carnage marauders stack accuracy instead of some power as a means to reduce the targets defense to get hard armor penetration. I do not know how successful this is because I haven't tried it. I do know that for mercs though.. this is not a feasible stat to weigh heavily upon.. In my experience, its best to max out skadge.. and anything over 100% try to convert it to crit or surge.

I have seen good numbers from people runing 37%+ crit and others that run somewhere around 78% surge.. Either one of those stats seems to be a better stat to dump into once you hit 100% accuracy.. anything over 100% accuracy seems to be a waste of stat points at this current gear level.

always keeping in mind that the level 27 mods (not 27a or 27b) are the mods/enhancements you want... Always keep your power up.. if you replace a mod with another mod to improve a secondary stat but lose power in the process.. its usually a bad move.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2013-01-18 at 12:52 AM.

Aerro, Syzyx> Good to know. I went ahead and swapped out that Initiative for another Adept. Something is still funky, as my in-game surge is higher than my Mr Robot profile.

swtor.askmrrobot.com/ character/54406909-c500-46fb-a060-9c36a45a61d6

Biggest change; on-use relic. That +350 power makes me pull aggro where I've never pulled aggro before. I'm way proud of that, because our main guild tank considered himself pretty damned good haha.

Now I just need a 27 barrel for my off-hand, and a few armor mods, and I can call it good! Well, at least until RotHC comes out. hah

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    I do know that some carnage marauders stack accuracy instead of some power as a means to reduce the targets defense to get hard armor penetration. I do not know how successful this is because I haven't tried it. I do know that for mercs though.. this is not a feasible stat to weigh heavily upon.. In my experience, its best to max out skadge.. and anything over 100% try to convert it to crit or surge.
    Marauders do stack accuracy above 100% not to lower enemy defense, instead they get extra 36% offhand damage. This way there off hands hits do actually really good hits. Though offhand accuracy has a higher hitcap and they get % hit out of stance and spec, they can easily over the 100% accuracy cap and still gain this way more damage as stacking pure power.

As arsenal there is no comparable talent that buffs our offhand damage, thats the reason every arsenal should try to cap explicit at 100/110% =)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    I went ahead and swapped out that Initiative for another Adept. Something is still funky, as my in-game surge is higher than my Mr Robot profile.
    Did you check all the companions buffs you already achieved?! There are only 2 checks marked..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah thats right keren.. I remember reading something about that a long time ago but I didn't think there was much stock in it at the time... I've been out of the game for a while now. But yeah J-rod .. Like keren said, double check to make sure that the companions you have maxed out in game are checked on your mrrobot profile. That usually accounts for the discrepancy. Other than that.. my mrrobot profile and my in game were identical when I played and I don't think there have been any big changes to the game since

double check each enhancement to make sure you're not missing one on your profile and give the legacy menu a quick look as well. It has to be one of those 2 things because those are the only things that affect crit multiplier

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Did you check all the companions buffs you already achieved?! There are only 2 checks marked..
    ..........oops That was it. Wow, it's been a looooong time since I've clicked on that legacy tab, haha.

Thanks again for all your help folks!

What are the best relics to have? Seems most agree on Boundless Ages, but what about the other? The PVP with +power or one of the proc relics? Anyone have any Jedi math for these?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan316 View Post
    What are the best relics to have? Seems most agree on Boundless Ages, but what about the other? The PVP with +power or one of the proc relics? Anyone have any Jedi math for these?
    believe you can find the discussion if the relics earlier on like page 24 range I wanna say...BiS is boundless ages DG relic and the DG kinetic tempest proc relic. The dmg output comes out to well over what the lost power from EWH power relic would grant. Unfortunately I have deleted all of my old combat logs from when I was testing it but I can tell you I usually get 35 dps from my proc relic during boss encounters.

Syzyx> I see you're running the Matrix cube and BMoBA relics, along with a number of lvl 26 mods/armors, and are already sitting at 1304 MH and 37.5% crit/76% surge! Do you prefer this setup vs. the DGotKT/DGoBA setup?

On paper, not including on-use, your build looks superior in 2 categories!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually my robot profile isnt updated fully either hehe. my own parses are much better with the dread guard relic of boundless ages and the dread guard relic of the kinetic tempest. So don't go by my stats either

I actually haven't played in a month or so... with my profession, the holidays were a particular burden on my time.. Still haven't gotten back into the game in a while. So my profile is still a bit out of date. I will update it soon though.

The reason my MH is higher (on mrrobot) than others is because I have a mod or 2 that has power on it.. yielding a higher overall power. Some people use a battlemaster enhancement in their build to push them over the surge/crit soft cap. I haven't quite decided what I like better yet.. just from looking at a softcap graph and knowing that crit rating and crit from the main stat are 2 separate soft caps all together.. ive toyed with using more nimble mods instead of agile mods to see if I crit more often.. But i haven't seen much better results.

From the logic that says more power = higher dmg on every hit.. I tend to go back to a heavy power build with just soft caps. But the relics are no question.. the dread guard relics of boundless ages and kinetic tempest are most definitely BiS.. hands down. The biggest reason for this is because for mercs.. the kinetic dmg relic hits harder for us because of all the armor penetration we get from tracer missile + talents. As a pure dmg stat the relic will give you 30 more dmg than an elite war hero relic assuming it procs every 4.5 seconds.. which it pretty much does as long as you're managing your resource correctly.

*edit* It is now updated to what my character currently is. I do have a lot of 26 mods still but as we clear hm TFB, I rarely see the drops I need and I tend to pass to people that need more than I do.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2013-01-29 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize for my absence. I recently have picked up and moved down south to the lands of Georgia with the girlfriend. Had to go nearly a week without internet other than using my phone...

you didn't miss much really. welcome to the south btw.

Would here anyone interested in a merc simulation?! Excel / VBA based with real time simulations?! I'm not far away from my first alpha version and need some testers
    I think i can upöoad my first version next week or the one after. If you like to try it out, pls pm me!

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Would here anyone interested in a merc simulation?! Excel / VBA based with real time simulations?! I'm not far away from my first alpha version and need some testers
    I think i can upöoad my first version next week or the one after. If you like to try it out, pls pm me!
    I'm too lazy to PM. I'll test it if its very user friendly I am what you might refer to as computarded.

Is there a Min/Max combo for crew skills? or does it not matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Is there a Min/Max combo for crew skills? or does it not matter?
    It doesn't matter anymore. Before it was Biochem, but now that Biochem doesn't offer amazing and unlimited stims it is no longer mandatory.

personally, i went biochem for the rakata stims/adrenals. they aren't the best available but they are 2nd best. when we do progression though i switch to exotech. but since most of the time i just run hm tfb, i just run the rakata stim/adrenal combo since its not consumed on use. and by the time progression comes around i have a ton made up since i run constant missions for mats and make as many as i can when i have enough.

My first beta-version is live:
    Direct Download Link

The relative high results the sim does provide for arsenal comes from inhuman reaction time the sim has over any human that will try out the same rotation. Even played perfectly the sim has 0ms reaction to proccs from Tracer Missile instead to any human being. Because of that I'm somehwat into a discussion with myself whether I implement a "notice a procc"-delay field where someone could adjust this timeframe or a option that will add this timeframe to a Tracer Missile cast as a "waiting for a proc" time. Please give me feedback about your opinion!