15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Dwight to the nets
    Brook to the timberwolves
    Love to the lakers

Thats the rumor of the day here.
    1) What the fuck are the Wolves going to do with Lopez? He has mediocre range (Love's strength when healthy). He can't rebound (another Love strength). They already have a perfectly fantastic center in Pek (who is quietly a top three center in the West this year). You know what? Its Kahn, Nevermind I said anything I can see this happening for the Wolves.
    2) Ya, so Kevin Love on the Lakers would give them the spacing 4 they need desperately (again when healthy). Gasol could go back to doing Gasol things. Kobe could allow someone else to take some of the ranged shots (LOL). God damn do I have mixed feelings about Kevin Love the Laker. I have a real love/hate relationship with the Lakers and Kobe. I have a real love/love relationship with Love. Him in the purple and gold would be so weird.
    3) Dwight to the Nets is gonna happen somehow. If not by the trade deadline it will be the offseason when they move Lopez somehow (who is actually having a pretty good year when healthy so for like 8 games so far).

Throw in Teletovic to the Wolves on the deal and the money completely works too with like no additional minor players to send around for cap room. Still don't see how they could play Pek and Lopez (again KAHNNN!) so I'd really bet on them moving him too.

This is from today's lengthy article from Lowe and Simmons:
    Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Metta World Peace, Pau Gasol and Howard — has played just 132 minutes together all season.
    How is that even possible?

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:12 PM ----------

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4wxox4
    This trade is dumb. Also very KAHNN. Couldn't you just see him wanting Royce White to add to his collection of broken things?

We'll give you Boozer, Taj Gibson, Teague, and Nazr for Love and Derrick Williams

Apparently Kobe asked Dwight if he didn't like playing with him.

Omgomgomg I hope Nets get Dwight. I mean Lopez is meshing well and all, but the possibility of a SUPER TEAM?!!?!? The Knicks aren't a super team, the Knicks are a team with an MVP candidate and some good players. The only super teams are Miami, OKC, Lakers (<- lol they're a super team that just isn't working out. Still a super team), and MAYBE Clippers since I count CP3 and Blake and their bench.

And soon the Nets. Deron Williams (under PJ Carlesimo), Joe Johnson (sometimes), and Dwight Howard?! That's like a ghetto Super team but it works when Mikhail Provokov pays through luxury tax to keep bench decent.

Edit: Okay maybe Bulls if Boozer players well, and maybe Memphis can be considered super teams.

Super team definition- 3+ superstar players on one team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Apparently Kobe asked Dwight if he didn't like playing with him.
    I don't think anyone being honest would ever say they like playing with Kobe.

Super team definition- 3+ superstar players on one team.
    Joe Johnson isn't a superstar. Neither is Williams, outside of his name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think anyone being honest would ever say they like playing with Kobe.
    Disagree. Adam Morrison and Luke Walton would say they did because it netted them each at least a ring lol. But ya there is no way in hell that anyone who actually plays with the guy can stand him.

NOLA Pelicans logo is going to be unveiled today. Can't wait.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Disagree. Adam Morrison and Luke Walton would say they did because it netted them each at least a ring lol. But ya there is no way in hell that anyone who actually plays with the guy can stand him.

NOLA Pelicans logo is going to be unveiled today. Can't wait.
    Lulz Pelicans worst team name ever even worst then The Gorloks

If this is it that is such a rip off of the hawks logo.

why dont they go with something more relevant to the city im thinking the New Orleans Bounties

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post

[IMGttp://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/pelicans.jpg?w=570&h=375[/IMG]

Hawks meet the ravens. Terrible name, but fitting since the pelican is known for biting off more than they can chew with their huge mouths and tiny bellys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    why dont they go with something more relevant to the city im thinking the New Orleans Bounties
    Oh boy, here we go again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post

snip

1) Pelicans is an awesome name. Pelicans are godless killing machines. Much, much better than a fucking completely irrelevant bee like insect.
    2) That logo is fucking Garbage McGarbage. Why didn't they commission some of the ridiculously amazing fan created ones from the last month. There were some absolutely ridiculous ones which I will link below when I find them.

This one has everything. Its big and showy, super NOLA. Plus top hat.

The main logo might look like shit, but that looks fucking awesome with just the head and ball on the fleur de lis.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-24 at 10:48 PM.

How sad is it for Detroit that the Bulls have now beaten them 17 times in a row. 17 frickin times! Thats an astonishing figure and is a great way to show the ineptitude of that franchise over the last few seasons.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:26 AM ----------

WOOO 2 BULLS ALL-STARS! Well deserved. Cant wait to watch Noah out there hustling when nobody else is trying.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:29 AM ----------

I cant believe they are defending JR Smith making the team. He doesnt deserve to be anywhere near it im sorry. Hes only averaging 16 points a game and is shooting a shitty 41% from the field. For someone who only scores that isnt All-Star caliber. Im glad coaches had a brain and left him off.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How sad is it for Detroit that the Bulls have now beaten them 17 times in a row. 17 frickin times! Thats an astonishing figure and is a great way to show the ineptitude of that franchise over the last few seasons.
    Spurs have a 16 winning streak over the Warriors (IIRC) and 26 straight winning streak versus them at home.

Lol. At least I can rejoice with 2 Knicks all stars. I wish I had 3 like Miami Heats super team...but whatever. 0 from Brooklyn though LOL.

Chris Bosh, Heat LaMarcus Aldridge, Blazers
    Tyson Chandler, Knicks Tim Duncan, Spurs
    Luol Deng, Bulls James Harden, Rockets
    Paul George, Pacers David Lee, Warriors
    Jrue Holiday, 76ers Tony Parker, Spurs
    Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers Zach Randolph, Grizzlies
    Joakim Noah, Bulls Russell Westbrook, Thunder

Sorry I'm on my phone.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:28 PM ----------

Jib you just hatin cause Knicks are worth most in NBA at $1.1 bill.

Jib you just hatin cause Knicks are worth most in NBA at $1.1 bill.
    lol i bet even you can admit JR Smith isnt all-star caliber. Especially considering Brook Lopez didnt make it either.

Meh nah he's a good sixth man but he's not good enough to be All Star caliber. I wanna say Amare but he didn't play enough of the season to be considered. He's beasting tonight though.

If it was me...I wouldn't add Brook Lopez. I mean, he's doing well and all but not All Star level.

I don't think I'd take Luol Deng even though he's doing well for Roses absence. Maybe put Boozer in his place. Maybe.

I also would have taken Josh Smith over probably Jrue Holiday.

West seems okay beside Curry. Maybe I'd take out LaMarcus.

I love me some JR... but yeah, not an All-Star at all.

What's wrong with Curry? A guy that takes 7 threes a game and makes 45% of them completely alters the way a defense has to play. That guy's an absolute prodigy offensively.

The only real objection I have is that the fans were too fucking stupid to give Duncan a starting spot. He's been, hands down, the best big man in the league this year.

No I mean they should have taken Curry. And nah Tim Duncan isn't exciting enough to start, fans wouldn't vote for him lol.

I have a feeling Knicks are gonna lose tonight..

No I mean they should have taken Curry. And nah Tim Duncan isn't exciting enough to start, fans wouldn't vote for him lol.

Pretty much. Duncan and Nowitzki didnt start a lot of seasons because they didnt have the flash that someone like Carmello had (back when he was on Denver) so one sometimes both was put onto the bench, even though they were better and having better seasons. The biggest shame of the starters I still feel was KG. Not only should KG not start he shouldnt even be on the damn team. He isnt that good anymore, he's not bad but others are playing better this year.

It does suck that Curry didnt make it. Id put him over Randolph probably, and I love me some Zach Randolph.

Yeah, I misread the team. Agree that Curry should be there. His offense is just too much of an impact to leave off. I guess it's tough to find a spot.

People that aren't excited by Duncan don't like really basketball, and I'm not kidding at all. His offensive game is obviously aesthetically gorgeous, but watching him rotate to the right spots and block all those shots without fouling despite not having the athleticism anymore brings a smile to my face. The way he's always got an arm around a shoulder, teaching other players, bringing that team together... who wouldn't want to play with that guy? He's the exact opposite of Kobe, really. That Kobe got the most votes and Duncan can't get a start shows me exactly how ignorant the average fan is.

it will be interesting when they both retire. Who will be considered the greater player? Duncan or Kobe

I can honestly see arguments for both sides.