Poll: Which class would you ban from PVP?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i loved the reasoning behind buffing monks: look guys there are only a few monks pvping so we'll make them batshit insane and op like derpknights were in s5 cause fck you^^

still voting mages tho

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I think it would be a great counter to fotm re-rollers to allow your arena team to ban one class spec you don't want to face as the opposing team. Would have seen less invincible BM hunters, arms warriors, and resto shamans the first month of MoP.
    I like that idea (reminds me of LOL which is a nice lil pvp game) but wouldn't it mess with queues?

Warriors and Monks are the 2 most annoying for me. I'm sure Warriors will die down a little bit, but Monks... yeah.

Blizzard is buffing them purely because they are under represented, when in actual fact they are pretty balanced already. That in itself annoys me.

Such poor game design. You don't buff something because nobody is playing it, you try and entice people to play it. Buffing monks to god-status will just annoy the 97% of the community who don't have monks.

I love Rogues. They're my original. My one.

Unfortunately, I do not like the abomination they've been turned into.

So axe Rogues - If I can't have all of it, I don't want any of it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I'll take anything on, except a rogue. Too much fucking stuns and burst.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    I like that idea (reminds me of LOL which is a nice lil pvp game) but wouldn't it mess with queues?
    Qeueus are only an issue in 5s and for top teams on each battlegroup. By merging battlegroups this would no longer be an issue.

But yeah, I agree it would mess queues a bit up for those playing fotm, since no one would want to queue into pre-hotfix stampede for example, not even BM hunters. So fotm automatically becomes less fotm.
    Could however also just put a restriction so that you can't ban a spec someone from your team is already playing.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-01-24 at 01:37 AM.

Came to this thread expecting "Rogue". The people who complain about rogues are people who don't know how to counter them. Play a rogue, learn to play one WELL, then you'll know how to beat them in your normal battlegrounds.

As a gladiator rogue, I wouldn't ban a class in bgs, but hunters are probably the most annoying, except for Monks + touch of karma (especially when I'm carrying orbs on kotmogu).

Warriors are out of control atm and nerfing shockwave it not going to do anything, the problem is in their burst and mobility, and Mages have always been OP. I voted for Warrior because to be honest they are just broken right now, but Mages are ridiculous too.

Frost mages hands down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Warriors and Monks are the 2 most annoying for me. I'm sure Warriors will die down a little bit, but Monks... yeah.

Blizzard is buffing them purely because they are under represented, when in actual fact they are pretty balanced already. That in itself annoys me.

Such poor game design. You don't buff something because nobody is playing it, you try and entice people to play it. Buffing monks to god-status will just annoy the 97% of the community who don't have monks.
    Eh, monks just need some quality of life changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    Came to this thread expecting "Rogue". The people who complain about rogues are people who don't know how to counter them. Play a rogue, learn to play one WELL, then you'll know how to beat them in your normal battlegrounds.

As a gladiator rogue, I wouldn't ban a class in bgs, but hunters are probably the most annoying, except for Monks + touch of karma (especially when I'm carrying orbs on kotmogu).
    If you are under 10% carrying an orb you are dead already.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Mage. Always going to be mage.
    With rogue a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If you are under 10% carrying an orb you are dead already.
    Touch of Karma. IE, Monk puts touch of karma on orb carrier, and everyone in middle doesn't know what that means -> procedes to kill the monk while all damage is being redirected to the aforementioned orb carrier. Touch of Karma =/= Touch of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised by this poll at all. Thanks for a good laugh guys
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Being a warlock in pvp, i hate rogues, so i want them gutted :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i loved the reasoning behind buffing monks: look guys there are only a few monks pvping so we'll make them batshit insane and op like derpknights were in s5 cause fck you^^

still voting mages tho
    That was the entire premise of buffing rogues in 4.3 as well.

5.2 is looking worse than 3.0. Rogues are able to 100-0 players within cheap shot -> kidney shot. This has literally never ever been the case until now. That's how full fucking retard Blizzard has gotten with burst.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-24 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Not voted because it depends on what class I PvP on at the time.

If I play a stealther, Druids and DK's can fuck right off. Not being able to stealth without blowing CloS on my Rogue or just not at all on my Feral is such a ballache.
    If I play on my Spriest, Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That was the entire premise of buffing rogues in 4.3 as well.

5.2 is looking worse than 3.0. Rogues are able to 100-0 players within cheap shot -> kidney shot. This has literally never ever been the case until now. That's how full fucking retard Blizzard has gotten with burst.
    Don't forget his amazing reasoning behind ring of peace being completely broken: "Well if we find out it's broken on live we'll fix it".

Kinda translates to me as: "We know it's OP but it'll cause more monks so we'll let it stay for a while."

-_-

Deleted
    Regardless of what class is overpowered right now, PvP is still fun. When Rogues are strong, it is never fun, except for Rogues themselves. Unfortunately, they'll be back next patch with more CC than ever, so I can already guess I'm not going to enjoy 5.2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    Touch of Karma. IE, Monk puts touch of karma on orb carrier, and everyone in middle doesn't know what that means -> procedes to kill the monk while all damage is being redirected to the aforementioned orb carrier. Touch of Karma =/= Touch of death.
    Is it the monks fault that your group does not know a monks spells? It is like letting a warlock free cast chaos bolt or etc. The mystery about monks(or people not taking time to learn about them) is one of the things that makes monks good, I have won rbgs because someone does not know my class.

I do find it funny that there are not that much people complaining about resto shammies or warlocks.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Would have said rogues in the past (vanilla => Cata). But now that I faceroll them as demo lock, I will go for Mage. Too many CC, escape and burst.