Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    That sounds an awfull lot like a Bankai activation
    It's what Kubo says at the very top of the page. It's apparently from the Bleach Official Character Book Souls, page 140. But maybe it's a silent hint? During the Nnoitra fight he had this huge reiatsu skull. And he was very wounded back then.

Now i am getting myself curious about wether this theory could be right or not :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Do you really think Kenny will either: 1) Learn his swords name and Bankai. or 2) During the course of the fight remember the name.

It almost seems to me like he knew it at one time and just wanted to fight on pure power along.

Also there goes my theory that Kenny's LT was his Bankai, seeing as she appears out of no where 99% of the time.

Now I wait till next week to see if he does more of the fighting our moves over back to Ichigo..
    I doubt he will learn Bankai, but he will learn the name of his sword tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    i have a feeling unohana is healing zaraki when he should die, so he by process of fighting all out gets stronger and picks up techniques
    You just blew my fucking mind. I never even...

15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wait for the anime, it's going to be amazing.

So I havent really followed Bleach after the Aizen storyline ended, but have loosely heard what has happened from a friend since then. But he hasnt given me the full details of this whole arc. Can someone tell me whats been happening. All I know is there is a group of Quincys still left, and they have declared war on Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, and have invaded both, with putting like Hollow Extermination camps or what not in Hueco Mundo. Also the last I heard was Captain Yamamoto has died by the big bad, and Ichigo and his gang are being taught by Squad Zero. Could someone tell me more details then what I have heard and what has happened since then if possible?
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"

Quote Originally Posted by styvan01 View Post
    So I havent really followed Bleach after the Aizen storyline ended, but have loosely heard what has happened from a friend since then. But he hasnt given me the full details of this whole arc. Can someone tell me whats been happening. All I know is there is a group of Quincys still left, and they have declared war on Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, and have invaded both, with putting like Hollow Extermination camps or what not in Hueco Mundo. Also the last I heard was Captain Yamamoto has died by the big bad, and Ichigo and his gang are being taught by Squad Zero. Could someone tell me more details then what I have heard and what has happened since then if possible?
    -Aizen arc is over
    -Ichigo lost powers
    -Some worthless arc where Ichigo gets back powers
    -Small group of Quincies invades soul society, declares war, kills Captain Commanders vice captain
    -Nel shows up in Karakura, tells Ichigo that Quincies took over Hueco Mundo
    -Ichigo, Chad, Orohime, Urahara go there, fight with one of the "captain" level quincies. (in terms of captain "rank", not similar strengths)
    -Oh btw Quincies can steal bankai. They can't steal Ichigos though
    -Ichigo uses bankai, fucks up that Quincy in Hueco Mundo
    -As Ichigo is fighting, Big Boss Quincy takes his special "captain rank" Quincies called Sternritter to Soul Society and invade
    -All the Captains fight the Stern Ritter
    -Like 4 Captains try to use their bankai and lose it
    -Captains get fucking owned but no one dies
    -Kenpachi solos 3 different sternritter (those guys were undefeated, they each took down/fought above captains)
    -Kenpachi goes to fight head Quincy.
    -Kenpachi gets fucked up. (Byakuya also got fucked up by one of the Sternritter lol, what a fucking scrub)
    -Captain Yammamotto kills the sternritter who killed his vice captain with his shikai
    -Yama travels to Head Quincies spot, and reignites fire in the Captains who are still losing their fights to Stern Ritter
    -Yama meets up with Head Quincy
    -3 Sternritter show up at the same time and get owned with one hit with Yama's shikai
    -Yama makes head quincy bring out his sword
    -Yama bankais. Dude has FOUR BANKAI POWERS in one, most epic thing ever.
    -Yama beats the head quincy
    -Turns out head quincy Yama fought was some sternritter who had transforming powers
    -Head Quincy shows up, he was talking to Aizen.
    -Head Quincy kills Yama
    -Ichigo gets help by "someone" most likely Grimjow in Hueco Mundo
    -Ichigo goes to Soul Society
    -Ichigo meets up with Head Quincy
    -Ichigo gets raped in a fight but plot reveals he has some Quincy powers
    -Turns out Aizen distorted Head quincies sense of time during their meeting and Head Quincy has to go home
    -Ichigo tries to attack head quincy
    -Head Quincies second in command (apparently) uses his sword and breaks Ichigos bankai
    -Zero division shows up. 5 people
    -Zero division takes Ichigo to Soul King's Palace to repair his bankai. Bykakuya Rukia and Renji come along to get healed.
    -Ichigo and Renji are currently going through trials to repair and strengthen their bankai from the guy who invented bankai
    -Soul Society is trying to repair after war. Dude who fought Stark becomes new Captain Commander
    -Unohana is currently teaching Kenpachi how to fight. She's super strong and used to be 11th division captain.

That's all.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-24 at 12:43 AM.

Has Kisuke Urahara shown up? Just curious and thanks for the description, might have to skip the Ichigo gets his power back arc then. What chapter does it begin if you know off hand?
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"

Chapter 480 - Final Arc- The Thousand Year Blood War is the start of the good stuff.

Urahara talked to the zero division through like a projection but he's still in Hueco Mundo. He was slightly involved in the fight and you see a little of him from when he takes Ichigo to HM but he doesn't do much else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styvan01 View Post
    Has Kisuke Urahara shown up? Just curious and thanks for the description, might have to skip the Ichigo gets his power back arc then. What chapter does it begin if you know off hand?
    He has, briefly. In Hueco Mundo before Yama ji died and right before when Squad Zero showed up, still in Hueco Mundo.

Also, you should really read the manga, it's totally worth it and it's very good.

And there hasn't been any filers since its beginning, which is surprising and good of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... That's a much better translated site.. I really should just stick with that one, but I'm too impatient to wait the extra couple of days

So yeah I was wrong, shocking I know, Zaraki's durability is nothing to do with Unohana's Bankai... wtf was I thinking with that theory?

aannyywwaayy I NOW think that his durability is a result of his Shikai. It kinda fits, he's always been a beserker, he pretty much TELLS people to wail on him, it would make sense that his sword worked along similar principles. So maybe the more beaten he gets, the higher his Reiatsu gets or something screwy like that.

It would be pretty funny if his Bankai was Tryndamere's ult He activates Bankai, and while it's up he CAN'T die no matter how beat-up he gets, but then as soon as he drops it he dies.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It would be pretty funny if his Bankai was Tryndamere's ult He activates Bankai, and while it's up he CAN'T die no matter how beat-up he gets, but then as soon as he drops it he dies.
    That's actually a pretty shitty bankai. Immune to death? I see no purpose in that in a fight. If you can't beat a guy, being immortal won't really do much. And there are binding ways that can pretty much fuck you for good and not dying is just meh tbh.

It doesn't really give a person power, it only serves to distract, not saying that is shitty, but it'll never work with someone like Zaraki, since he's all out.

I don't know but either way, I doubt his bankai will be something that doesn't give him power or isn't a bankai like Soi Fon's.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont forget he'd also have the insane reiatsu from his Shikai, due to being so close to death...

also I wasn't seriously saying that his bankai , I'm still pretty against him even HAVING a Bankai, Kendo was always supposed to be his Bankai substitute, I'd rather he just learned some badass Kendo techniques from Unohana and improved the skill he already has, instead of getting some other new ability.

MAN this curret arc is awesome...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure he's getting a bankai, but like you said, I don't think it's a good idea because it would literally mean he could destroy anything(emphasis on anything) and not even Ichigo can do that, not even with the Black Getsuga Tenshou transformation I believe?

That's one of the reasons, and I doubt they will make that, so they will make a much lamer, less OP bankai, which will totally ruin his character, making it pointless for him having a bankai, so yeah, would be good if he didn't had a bankai.

But Kubo did say everyone's bankai would be revealed, so you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Ichigio in FGT could wtfpwn anything , look how badly he overpowered Aizen.

and Tbh yes Kubo-san said that all Bankai's will be revealed.. but if Zaraki doesn't HAVE a Bankai, then he can't really reveal it can he? Then again.... yeah I'm guessin all the fanboys would fly to Japan and burn down Kubo-san's house if their idol didn't get some stupid OP power..... ah well.

Although... That could lead to my earlier theory, of Zaraki going batshit crazy and being the final "boss" of bleach... I still think Shunsui would spank Zaraki like a naughty puppy, Bankai or not

Deleted
    Well, don't all Shinigamis have the ability of achieving bankai? Whether they can actually reach bankai or not? I believe they can, so yeah, Zaraki has bankai, I'm pretty sure of it.

And I hope that doesn't happen, him being the final boss, like, wat? No... That's just boring and dull, please god no... >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure all Shinigami CAN Achieve Bankai, but there are still many who don't. The problem is because we're so used to only dealing with Captains and Ichigo, we expect everyone to have a Bankai, we forget it's actually a very very rare ability. the average Shinigami? No bankai, and never will have one either. Pretty much anyone below VC? No bankai for you!

This is taken from the Bleach Wiki's page on Bankai: "Only the strongest Shinigami can use it. It is also the ultimate technique of a Zanpakutō. Even the Four noble families, whose members are always exceptionally talented, have a member capable of Bankai only every few generations. Those who achieve Bankai always have remarkable roles in the history of Soul Society."

Having the ability to do something doesn't mean that you ever will, hell I have the ability to run the Marathon, doesn't mean I dont get out of breath jogging for the bus

I'll be honest, the only reason I mentioned Zaraki being the final boss in bleach is because I would love to see him dead , not sure why but I really dislike him as a character, even if I did steal him for the basis of my Legend of the 5 Rings character

Deleted
    Meh. I was pretty sure anyone above the skill of a VC could get a bankai or could achieve it, whether he/she can actually control it is another matter, I'm talking about just achieving it.

* Looks at Renji and Toushiro before this arc

So I guess it's just overrated, the bankai, because I always felt like it was actually something that a lot of strong people could achieve lol.

I hope he isn't the last boss. It would get so much attention and crap all over him that I wouldn't be able to handle and would just make me angry. xd

It was the raging zanpaktou arc. I think Yamamoto said it, but if Zaraki had a bankai, it would pretty much be the end of the world.

His bankai turns him into a demon! That would totally make sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Meh. I was pretty sure anyone above the skill of a VC could get a bankai or could achieve it, whether he/she can actually control it is another matter, I'm talking about just achieving it.
    I think that's pretty much the border , all the VC could possibily achieve it, but would require 10+ years to be able to use it properly (that's one of the MANY reasons that Byakuya shit all over Renji, his Bankai was just too big and unwieldy to go up again Byakuya who has mastered his Bankai and is a pimp) anyone below VC has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It was the raging zanpaktou arc. I think Yamamoto said it, but if Zaraki had a bankai, it would pretty much be the end of the world.

His bankai turns him into a demon! That would totally make sense...
    That'd be kinda fun , but it would push dangerously close to Espada Resurreccion, thematically. I'm still holding firm on the theory he wont get a bankai, he'll just improve his Kendo skills and stop being a little girl about using them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think that's pretty much the border , all the VC could possibily achieve it, but would require 10+ years to be able to use it properly (that's one of the MANY reasons that Byakuya shit all over Renji, his Bankai was just too big and unwieldy to go up again Byakuya who has mastered his Bankai and is a pimp) anyone below VC has no chance.
    Actually, since VCs are much weaker than just Captains, I think they probably need more than just 10 years like Byakuya did.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh I think the average VC would need about 10000 to be as swag as Byakuya

10 years is said to be the baseline of time you need to "Understand" your bankai, to reach Mastery of it like Byakuya has... 100+ easily.

if you can't tell, I have a bit of a mancrush on Byakuya