Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I have a PS3 but I prefer my PC for RPGs that a different topic though and I disagree with the notion that the best games are PS3 exclusives.
    I disagree with the notion that "the best games" are all on one console, since there are great games on every system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I disagree with the notion that "the best games" are all on one console, since there are great games on every system.
    Okay... where did I disagree with what you've just said?

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I have a PS3 but I prefer my PC for RPGs that a different topic though and I disagree with the notion that the best games are PS3 exclusives.
    I was kidding of course, lol. Most PS3 titles suck. Infamous, Killzone.. lol. I could name more, but fanboys would jump on me :P

*Owns a ps3 and about 50 games by the way, not an xbox 'fanboy'*

Deleted
    Have heard about this name before, but never really bothered checking. After having a look it seems nice and im going to get it. Release in 8 days here so i have ample time to get it sent home :P

Couldnt fully tell how the combat system works from the gameplay vids though. Can anyone share some light on the basics? Seemed to be some sort of active combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Have heard about this name before, but never really bothered checking. After having a look it seems nice and im going to get it. Release in 8 days here so i have ample time to get it sent home :P

Couldnt fully tell how the combat system works from the gameplay vids though. Can anyone share some light on the basics? Seemed to be some sort of active combat.
    It's active combat, with dodging attacks n stuff. If you wanna check it, there is a Demo version on PSN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    It's active combat, with dodging attacks n stuff. If you wanna check it, there is a Demo version on PSN
    Thanks for clarifying, seems like i'll have a lot of fun with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh. does it come with an option to use the original japanese audio track and english subtitles? :3

15+ Year Old Account
    preordered the special edition, gotta wait until next week though, stoopid uk release delay >_<

would've prefered it to be on the Wii U though =p

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Mh. does it come with an option to use the original japanese audio track and english subtitles? :3
    Yes it does,English audio is not bad though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    I'm pretty sure i found an option when I was playing it at HyperJapan to do just that, but that was a couple of months ago...

Deleted
    I really like what I've seen so far, the art is absolutely stunning, which is to be expected since it's a collaboration with Studio Ghibli.

I wish I had a PS3, but I don't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    Yes it does,English audio is not bad though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm pretty sure i found an option when I was playing it at HyperJapan to do just that, but that was a couple of months ago...
    Great. :D
    I watched a couple of clips with english audio, and personally I did not like it. :p

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oliver's voice seems to waver a little like he's not sure if here's supposed to be american or british. Drippy's welsh accent in hilarious though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game. Barely scratched the surface by the nostalgia is flowing hard. If you have ever liked any JRPG in then I recommend getting this game. This is coming from someone who hasn't liked JRPGs since the PS2 era. The games entire presentation is rather creative too.

Recommendation, buy the disc and don't download it from the PSN store. It takes over 40+ GBs of free space to download and install if you get the digital copy.

I wasn't interested at first, then i realized Joe Hisaishi composed music for it. Now it is a must buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Oliver's voice seems to waver a little like he's not sure if here's supposed to be american or british. Drippy's welsh accent in hilarious though.
    I'm glad I read your post; I skipped the english track just by default because they always seem to blow, but I really like the voice acting in this one. And yeah, it's a treat hearing dialogue scenes with drippy especially <3

Agreed on the accent thing though, I could swear they actually used multiple voice actors for Oliver, his opening battle voice sometimes sounds VERY different.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Can anyone confirm australian release date?

EB has it listed as 31st but I've seen it listed elsewhere as 23rd, 24th or even 25th.

Doesn't seem to be on the JB Hi-Fi website.

Anyone seen it on the shelves in AU yet?
    I know for a fact i've seen it on the JB website but when I went to look a few moments ago to see if JB had a better price than EB I noticed it's not listed on there for sale anymore which is sorta odd, and sadly Harvey Norman don't have it either so it looks like we may have no choice unless you live in a major city like Sydney or Melbourne but to buy from EB when it comes out on Thursday...

I'm tempted to buy but I dunno if I will or not... never been a huge ghibli fan but i do like JRPGs....

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the best looking games I've seen in a while...the art is breathtaking! Truly feels like you're playing in a Ghibli movie, so much so that the transitions into animated cutscenes are almost unnoticeable.
    I do have some complaints, though they are mostly complaints regarding the JRPG genre in general. For one the whole game seems to move at a snail's pace. Not so much the story, just the game in general. For example, in Al Mamoon I received a errand to take a woman's lunch to her husband in the Golden Grove. The thought was daunting and I almost couldn't bring myself to do it. I way outleveled the enemies there and on the world map, and it's almost impossible to avoid some fights - especially the small, quick enemies. Better than random encounters, but annoying still, especially when the fights themselves take more time than I'd like to finish.

The game also felt very...instanced? It didn't feel very seamless traveling the world because of all the loading screens you encounter. This might be a silly complaint, but it feels archaic to need a loading screen to enter a weapon shop. It makes errands and bounties take even longer and feel even more like chores as you'll be going through 3-4 loading screens.

Other than that everything is solid.

BUY!!! If you don't buy one, then just buy more!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Holy crap is this game good. I've sunk quite a bit of time into it, and I can earnestly say this is one of the best RPGs to come out in many years. Completely blows Skyrim, ME3 and FFXIII out of the water. It's up there with Xenoblade as best RPG of this generation. I honestly haven't been this hooked on a game in a long time.

The world is beautiful and detailed. There are a ton of sidequests. The combat system, while based in action RPG roots, incorporates a monster-catching system similar to Pokemon, and executes it flawlessly. Oh and the story is AWESOME. It's unique and keeps you constantly thinking. The game does a great job of keeping you on the edge of your seat, curious as to what's going to happen next. The antagonists are interesting and mysterious, it's been a long time since I've played a game with good villains.

Great game. If you're a fan of PSX-era Final Fantasy and/or Miyazaki, this game is so good that it's worth buying a PS3 for.
    You're making it very difficult to me to be patient. :P I'm trying really hard to scrape up the last bit of cash I need for my new PC and holding off on getting this for now. But I've been hearing nothing but the best of praise for this game.