Deleted

What spec would be best for me?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ranzk/advanced

I've received criticism that I should be playing frost/fire but I have also been told to play arcane.

Best ST DPS: Arcane >> Frost >>>> Fire
    Best AoE: Frost >>>>> Fire > Arcane
    Best Cleave: Fire >> Frost > Arcane

(More ">"s = much more ahead)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

Thanks for the reply but I see you're 495 ilvl, I am only 488. Does this affect the order?

As your gear doesn't have any mastery on it I would not recommend you go Arcane. You could play arcane with haste heavy gear, but I think the 6 stack camping scorch thing won't work in 5.2 anymore. At the moment it's really hard to give any hints especially if you want to play that spec in the future. With your gear the optimal spec would be Fire because you have a lot of gear with crit on it. If you're not super min maxing Fire is perfectly fine, as any other mage spec is.
    In the first part you should play whichever spec you like and suits you. I would not start going into Arcane 6-stacks camping spec, because they will remove it anyway in 5.2.

The biggest problem with the mage specs is that every spec requires totally different gear to show it's full power. That's why I would recommnd Fire or Frost to you, because that's where you have the most gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I see you're 495 ilvl, I am only 488. Does this affect the order?
    Not really. The set bonuses are better for some specs then others but unless your having trouble on certain fights you will get the most dps just going arcane.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

If fire is the lowest spec for single target fights, why does http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...all/14/30/avg/ show fire above arcane for heroics overall??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post
    If fire is the lowest spec for single target fights, why does http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...all/14/30/avg/ show fire above arcane for heroics overall??
    Because it includes all the logs from before the fire nerf. Fire is definitely the lowest dps single target spec right now.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    funny how ppl keep allways linking logs from prenerf times to make a point :P

I'm not trying to prove you guys wrong, I'm trying to understand here. What reference are you using to say that fire is the lowest? Please explain how using a moving average, which of course includes older data, is unfair.

Deleted
    Please explain how using a moving average, which of course includes older data, is unfair.
    Simple example: 10 Weeks sample. 2 Classes A and B. A does 100k dps b does 75k. After 5 weeks A is nerfed to 65K.
    Average after 10 Weeks:
    A:82.5k
    B:75k
    OK in this sample A is better then B. But now at week 10 A has only 65k but B still has 75k. So B is better.
    Every number is random of course!.

5.1 came out about 2months ago, so that's almost 60 samples. Isn't 5.0's effect on the average pretty minor by now?

Deleted
    5.1 came out about 2months ago, so that's almost 60 samples. Isn't 5.0's effect on the average pretty minor by now?
    about a month dude ur right tho its extremely minor impact at this point how ever we are still looking at the hotfix nerfs that were made after patch went live, also this log we are looking at is OVERALL and fire still eats arcane alive on cleave damage.

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    about a month dude ur right tho its extremely minor impact at this point how ever we are still looking at the hotfix nerfs that were made after patch went live, also this log we are looking at is OVERALL and fire still eats arcane alive on cleave damage.
    yes, that makes sense. But the moving average is for 14 days. Moving averages are meant to smooth the graph out, not distort the data. i don't remember any nerf patches in the past two-weeks...could be wrong.
    Last edited by NeerDeth; 2013-01-24 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    yes but its still showing last 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    yes but its still showing last 30 days
    True, but it also shows the past 2 years. How is that relevant?
    Last edited by NeerDeth; 2013-01-24 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    True, but it also the past 2 years. How is that relevant?
    this specific log that was linked is set to 30 days thats how its relevant,yes u can set it to be more too :P
    " So for a specific boss fight, you are usually looking at the median over all kills from the past 14 days. Be smart about using this data in discussions of class balance. Don't just look at the overall charts and QQ on forums. The truth is usually more nuanced than what is shown here."

And how does a 14-day moving average has anything to with the first 2 weeks of a 30 day graph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

why do people still believe that sim craft is spot on, i do not get it, it has been wrong for soo long for meny specs.
    singel target: arcane - fire - frost