10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, It should take 10 years to ATTAIN bankai, and another few DECADES to MASTER it. Remember people, we are dealing with creatures that are hundreds, if not thousands or tens of thousands, of years old. For all we know Renji who had just attained his bankai, just finished up 10+ years of strict training with Zabimaru. Remember that Ichigo cheated using one of Uruhara's inventions, the same one that was said it shouldn't work for anyone but Uruhara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    tbh I think the average VC would need about 10000 to be as swag as Byakuya
    Haha, agreed.
    10 years is said to be the baseline of time you need to "Understand" your bankai, to reach Mastery of it like Byakuya has... 100+ easily.
    Hm, I thought 10 years was enough to know everything... :p
    if you can't tell, I have a bit of a mancrush on Byakuya
    I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    IIRC, It should take 10 years to ATTAIN bankai, and another few DECADES to MASTER it. Remember people, we are dealing with creatures that are hundreds, if not thousands or tens of thousands, of years old. For all we know Renji who had just attained his bankai, just finished up 10+ years of strict training with Zabimaru. Remember that Ichigo cheated using one of Uruhara's inventions, the same one that was said it shouldn't work for anyone but Uruhara.
    Yeah, I keep forgetting that they live for so much longer and that.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he doesn't get his bankai i bet his sword will become fixed though. Ie not broken and shit, and will make him mega powerful.

That'd be kinda fun , but it would push dangerously close to Espada Resurreccion, thematically. I'm still holding firm on the theory he wont get a bankai, he'll just improve his Kendo skills and stop being a little girl about using them.
    So far we really haven't seen any changing Bankai's, so i doubt they will do that. Kendo isn't really his thing, i think he will be more like Unohana says, and use the second hand for 'dirty' tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    So far we really haven't seen any changing Bankai's, so i doubt they will do that. Kendo isn't really his thing, i think he will be more like Unohana says, and use the second hand for 'dirty' tricks.
    Doubt it. Dirty tricks isn't Zaraki's thing lol.

I don't seen him, at all, using "cheap"/dirty tricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Hm, I thought 10 years was enough to know everything...
    nope, in ten years you can just about learn how to get your Bankai up and running, this is about the stage Renji is at, he's got his shit working, but that's all. I'm sure in a few decades he'll manage to not be quite so fail... If he survives that long... Then again I'm guessing him and Ichigo are going to get some intense Bankai training from the guy that CREATED Zanpaktou's so god only knows what they'll be like when they get back

I've noticed.
    I wasn't very subtle... was I ? anyone who can fight with pink petals and still look like a pimp demands respect if you ask me . Same thing with Shunsui, if you can rock around in a flowery overcoat and still be the man, people should know to avoid angering you!

Yeah, I keep forgetting that they live for so much longer and that.
    Do we actually KNOW any of the Captains ages? I mean the "Top Three" are all about 1000, Yama-ji probably older... But what do we know about the other captains?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Do we actually KNOW any of the Captains ages? I mean the "Top Three" are all about 1000, Yama-ji probably older... But what do we know about the other captains?
    Ukitake, Shunsui, Yama ji and Unohana are over one thousand years, for sure. Though Unohana and Yama ji are probably TWO thousand years, maybe even more, I actually don't know but I'm pretty sure Yama is much older than Unohana.

And Byakuya is probably close to 1k years I believe.

Assuming we're talking about only captains, I'd say Toushiro is about what, 300 years or so? Maybe less? He is a genius after all and Shunsui said that Toushiro would surpass him in atleast 100 years from what I recall.

Soi Fon(is this her name tbh? I actually don't remember. <-<), no idea either, probably 500 years old, maybe a bit more. The new captains(3rd, 5th and 9th divisions) are atleast more than one thousand years old, since they go way back till Kisuke was a captain.

The 8th division has no captain I believe? It was Aizen and he's like one thousand years old too I believe, maybe a couple of hundred of years since he was just about a kid during the hollowfication experiment, maybe more, dunno.

As for Korutsuchi, I'm pretty sure and confident that he's probably the same age as either Kisuke or pretty close to Unohana's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd say that's all about right.

And now you mention it.. the 8th is kind fucked isn't it no Captain OR VC... damn

Kubo-san really needs to release some solid information on this subject... He does all these data books but he never puts in ages.... maybe they've stopped counting .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Shunsui. I have been dying to see what his bankai is ever since he fought against Stark and Ukitake warned him not to use it incase anyone saw it. So yea really curious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Shunsui. I have been dying to see what his bankai is ever since he fought against Stark and Ukitake warned him not to use it incase anyone saw it. So yea really curious
    I really want to see Yuruichi's, hell, atleast her shikai lol. We haven't seen that yet.

Deleted
    I really want to see Yuruichi's, hell, atleast her shikai lol. We haven't seen that yet.
    oh shit yea would be good. That being said i dont think ive ever seen her use a blade, shes always using (/prefering) hand to hand combat, even vs Aizen she used iron armored gloves and boots. Im thinking she doesnt have a zanpakuto, she did afterall inherit her position initialy in soul society, and the zanpakuto is given to recruits - by that id assume she doesnt have one (as much as id hate it).

Deleted
    She never used a blade yeah.

And oh god, I never thought that, that she didn't had one, I hope she does. :S Would be lame if she didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason zaraki can't use shikai/bankai is because of Unohana... that is probably her Sin... she did something to seal it I dunno but that's just the vibe I got from the last chapter

I think he's been "cursed" with immortality at the cost of his shikai/bankai... as in every time he's on the brink of death instead of dying he just gets stronger and overcomes his foe eventually...

at least that's what I gathered from the last page :P

Anyway I really wanna see every1's bankai well those that we haven't seen yet like Kyoraku, ukitake, etc
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-01-24 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Assuming we're talking about only captains, I'd say Toushiro is about what, 300 years or so? Maybe less? He is a genius after all and Shunsui said that Toushiro would surpass him in atleast 100 years from what I recall.
    Toushiro is about 150.
    Whenn you see him 100 years ago as a kid Momo mentions he is 50. Also rukia said at some time that even to he looks like a kid he is 10 times as old as ichigo that puts him around there aswell.

Doubt it. Dirty tricks isn't Zaraki's thing lol.

I don't seen him, at all, using "cheap"/dirty tricks.
    Maybe he will after this fight? He has to do something with that empty hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Toushiro is about 150.
    Whenn you see him 100 years ago as a kid Momo mentions he is 50. Also rukia said at some time that even to he looks like a kid he is 10 times as old as ichigo that puts him around there aswell.
    Excellent mathing , Also I was thinking about Yama-ji, he's been the Captain commander for 1000 years... so I'm willing to bet he's 1500+ at the very very least, plus Shunsui and Ukitake were his first two students so they're both 1000+ as well.

Also with Yoruichi, I kinda like that she doesn't have a Zanpaktou, her Shunko is so freakin boss it MORE than makes up for a lack of a Zanpaktou.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    yay another Shunsui fan ! tbh I don't care what happens in the rest of the story, as long as we get to see Shunsui's Bankai before the end of Bleach I'll be happy.

AS to Ukitake's Warning.. I still maintain that his Shikai's power is misunderstood. The kids game thing is actually a result of the power, not the power itself. His Shikai's REAL power is that it allows his blade to inforce it's will on anyone in the radius, the kids games come from the fact that his Zanpaktou likes to play games. His Bankai, being the logical progression, would allow Shunsui to directly impose his will on anyone in the radius.

Or at least that's what I'd do... If I was Kubo.

Also, interesting quote about Shunsui from the Bleach Wiki: While Shunsui is his first name and Kyōraku is his last name, his full name is Shunsui Sōzōsa Kyōraku no Jirō. Kyōraku no Jirou means "second son of the Kyōraku family" whilst Sōzōsa means "assistant who conceals all" or "assistant who possesses all."

Now the "Kyoraku no Jiro part is fairly unimportant. What interests me is Sozozsa and it's meanings

We all know Kenny HATES fighting with 2 hands. What happens if his sword when unleashed becomes a 2 handed sword. Because we seen just HOW much stronger he gets with 2 hands on his sword. Seems like a reach but just seems to me he is holding back for SOME reason..

yay another Shunsui fan ! tbh I don't care what happens in the rest of the story, as long as we get to see Shunsui's Bankai before the end of Bleach I'll be happy.

AS to Ukitake's Warning.. I still maintain that his Shikai's power is misunderstood. The kids game thing is actually a result of the power, not the power itself. His Shikai's REAL power is that it allows his blade to inforce it's will on anyone in the radius, the kids games come from the fact that his Zanpaktou likes to play games. His Bankai, being the logical progression, would allow Shunsui to directly impose his will on anyone in the radius.

Or at least that's what I'd do... If I was Kubo.

Also, interesting quote about Shunsui from the Bleach Wiki: While Shunsui is his first name and Kyōraku is his last name, his full name is Shunsui Sōzōsa Kyōraku no Jirō. Kyōraku no Jirou means "second son of the Kyōraku family" whilst Sōzōsa means "assistant who conceals all" or "assistant who possesses all."

Now the "Kyoraku no Jiro part is fairly unimportant. What interests me is Sozozsa and it's meanings
    Mother of holy shit! I never thought about his Shikai being like that. It always was a bit weird to me, but now i read what you said it makes complete sense how his shikai works.
    So his Bankai would be like a possession? Wouldn't that be like, you know, Aizen? Hypno without knowing. See stuff that isn't real.

Maybe it's more that, like you say, 'force it's will' onto people, but that Shunsui can make the 'rules'. Or even better/worse, his Bankai does (just like in Shikai, he too has to follow what his shikai wants).
    So far Shunsui's Zanpaktou seems to be a 'living' one.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha glad to see y'all like my theory .

Basically his Bankai would allow him to "Control" reality. It wouldn't be anything like Aizen, it would be more.... Mindfucking. For instance he could let the enemy hit him, and then at the last second decide that in "his" world, when you hit someone, YOU take the damage, instead of the person you hit. Or he could decide that you can only hurt someone if you strike certain parts of the body... just generally anything that would throw people concentration off.

That's why Ukitake didn't want him using it during the Winter War, it would have drawn ALL the other fights into his power and the other Shinigami could have been hurt, because they wouldn't have known the "rules"

The aging thing is wierd.. I get the feeling it's more or less 5 to 1. In the 100 years since Turn Back the Pendulum everyone seems to have aged ~20 years. Of course this doesn't explain how Yama-ji and the big three could be 1000+ and not be dead . Maybe you can stop your ageing when you feel like it or something...

As for King Shunsui and his crazy name...

I think the release of this info now, when the possibility of Bankai is high... It MUST be intentional, this is part of why I think my theory on his Bankai could be true. he's the "Servant who possesses all" because while his Zanpaktou is technically in charge, he's the one that controls what happens within the sphere of it's influence.

haha glad to see y'all like my theory .

Basically his Bankai would allow him to "Control" reality. It wouldn't be anything like Aizen, it would be more.... Mindfucking. For instance he could let the enemy hit him, and then at the last second decide that in "his" world, when you hit someone, YOU take the damage, instead of the person you hit. Or he could decide that you can only hurt someone if you strike certain parts of the body... just generally anything that would throw people concentration off.

That's why Ukitake didn't want him using it during the Winter War, it would have drawn ALL the other fights into his power and the other Shinigami could have been hurt, because they wouldn't have known the "rules"

The aging thing is wierd.. I get the feeling it's more or less 5 to 1. In the 100 years since Turn Back the Pendulum everyone seems to have aged ~20 years. Of course this doesn't explain how Yama-ji and the big three could be 1000+ and not be dead . Maybe you can stop your ageing when you feel like it or something...

As for King Shunsui and his crazy name...

I think the release of this info now, when the possibility of Bankai is high... It MUST be intentional, this is part of why I think my theory on his Bankai could be true. he's the "Servant who possesses all" because while his Zanpaktou is technically in charge, he's the one that controls what happens within the sphere of it's influence.
    Reality control and mind fuck seem too much like Aizen. "Oh i am here, HAHA i am NOT! You just stabbed your ally!"
    But,
    Or he could decide that you can only hurt someone if you strike certain parts of the body... just generally anything that would throw people concentration off.
    This, is actually quite interesting. It's like Irooni (the color one). It still has the rules that everybody in range has to obey.

"Assistant who conceals all" or "assistant who possesses all."
    He is the 'master' and Katen Kyōkotsu is the assistant who possesses all, including Shinsui. But only when 'she' wants to 'play'. I guess in bankai it's the other way around.