Wondering if this is okay or is a ban risk?

Hey! Simple question here - got a wireless controller and bound one of the buttons to hit 1 on the keyboard. This is in turn bound to Blood Boil. I am using this to farm Bloodsail rep with the weakest mobs that give it whilst doing other things - I'm pretty sure it's okay to do, since it follows the one input one action rule, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get a second opinion.
    tl;dr version: "Is it okay if I spam bloodboil without actually being at my computer by mashing a wireless button in order to gain rep?"

I had put in a ticket, asking a similiar question involving an app for my phone.
    I had been told that it was ok to do so, as long as you are actually pressing the button, with no automation.

However, I personally would be careful. Although you are doing nothing wrong, if someone were to see you standing in one spot, doing the same thing, they might report you for a bot. (Blizzard probably wouldn't do anything; Iirc warden looks into various programs running and such. Even if they would, a simple phone call/ticket will fix it)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how you could get banned for it as long as you are hitting the button yourself.

You might get a warning or a temp ban as your character will probably look like a bot to other
    people passing by tho. So in the end there is a chance you'll end up banned even tho it's not
    against any rules.

Okay. Thanks! I've set an Away note so anyone that whispers will get notified 'hey, not a bot, just tapping 1 and watching netflix'. Hopefully that's enough, and worst case I'll call in. ^.^

Deleted
    Only thing I would advice is trying to do it with different intervals?

If you click it every two seconds for an hour, it might look suspicious. If its 2 sec, then 3, then 1, then 2 etc, it might not be. o.O

Strictly speaking, you're fine. But don't be surprised if someone reports you to Blizz for botting, even though you aren't.

Deleted
    If having an away message that says you're not a bot is enough to never get done for botting, don't you think the real bots would have one as well?

Deleted
    By the way, doesn't the away message get cancelled when you cast a skill/spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as warden detecting you; that's not going to happen, I wouldn't worry about that. If you look suspicious to other players they're likely to send you a message before they report you. As long as you respond to them you will be fine. An away message saying that you're watching netflix probably wont convince them that you're not a botter, you probably better watch out for incoming whispers. If you got a ban you probably wouldn't be banned permanently, but is it really worth the risk for bloodsail rep?
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-01-24 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    By the way, doesn't the away message get cancelled when you cast a skill/spell?
    You can turn that off. You can run around with AFK still up

I suggest binding something else to 2, let's say Horn of Winter, and binding that to your controller and using that sometimes aswell just to be sure

Hello DrKirre,

By description of the issue, it doesn't sound like a problem - however, my personal sentiment is - if you have to ask if something is okay, then the answer (in most cases) is you probably don't want to do it. Tons of people have wireless controllers/mice and that's not a big deal. It's when you're automating an action that we start to take issue with that.

Anyway, just my two cents Have a great day!

/Araxom

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hello DrKirre,

By description of the issue, it doesn't sound like a problem - however, my personal sentiment is - if you have to ask if something is okay, then the answer (in most cases) is you probably don't want to do it. Tons of people have wireless controllers/mice and that's not a big deal. It's when you're automating an action that we start to take issue with that.

/Araxom
    Now if we could just get a blizz fishing app on my phone.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    If having an away message that says you're not a bot is enough to never get done for botting, don't you think the real bots would have one as well?
    Honestly, I think it's a good idea.

While Blizzard probably isn't going to take it for evidence of anything should it get to that point, it might stop some players from reporting it. Already people make the assumption because some random guy didn't reply to their whispers that he must be a bought, which sort of lends to the argument that bots could get away with it if they replied to whispers... but they don't. They obviously don't care; they're on throwaway or hacked accounts or are just too apathetic.

Maybe other players would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if there was a reasonable explanation. *shrug*

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Now if we could just get a blizz fishing app on my phone.
    They need a rift style app where you can play basic mini games to win ingame things when your on phone/iPad
    Would of been fun for when I'm away next week filming

OT as long as your still controlling the character can't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    They need a rift style app where you can play basic mini games to win ingame things when your on phone/iPad
    Would of been fun for when I'm away next week filming

OT as long as your still controlling the character can't see the issue.
    Id love the hell out of this for work.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hello DrKirre,

/Araxom
    Wuut, blizz employees are here now? D: