Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    hahahahaha

Even with the DA nerf disc will still have PLENTY of utility to bring to a raid. You just won't be able to negate boss mechanics. Sorry.

Yes because that worked so well at the start of MoP it is also going to work now. Spirit shell is now smaller than at the start of MoP and PoH is slightly smaller and without absorbs. What utility exactly do we really bring to the raid? The only thing which will make disc viable now is if every boss has huge damage buffs so we can use atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    Yes because that worked so well at the start of MoP it is also going to work now. Spirit shell is now smaller than at the start of MoP and PoH is slightly smaller and without absorbs. What utility exactly do we really bring to the raid? The only thing which will make disc viable now is if every boss has huge damage buffs so we can use atonement.
    welcome to the life of a holy priest. Sorry we are currently booked, please wait till next expansion for something to happen.

I really hope they do NOT make prayer of healing a smart heal. I've been playing my priest for a long time, and I love the play style. I love having a whole toolkit of spells that are usable at different times, and not just 3 spells that actually get used.

If 1-5 people take damage in different groups, you smite/hf/penance them back to health (or renew possibly flash heal if holy)

If there's raidwide AoE damage or 3+ people in one group that need a heal, then you use PoH.

If they make it a smart heal, then there's really no need for the smite/hf/penance/renew/flash heal. You just keep spamming PoH. That sounds boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianne View Post
    If they make it a smart heal, then there's really no need for the smite/hf/penance/renew/flash heal. You just keep spamming PoH. That sounds boring.
    And you don't think they'll adjust the mana cost, or even add a Wild Growth-esque cooldown to it?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    And you don't think they'll adjust the mana cost, or even add a Wild Growth-esque cooldown to it?
    In other words, a castable Circle of Healing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    My point still stands. I like knowing that I have a valid toolkit, and deciding what I want to use, not just waiting for the cool down to expire so I can cast it again, or, alternatively, going completely oom every time you have heavy AoE healing due to the mana cost of our only AoE healing spell that doesn't have a huge cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Point blank, PoH has to heal for more. I'm not even sure it's a HPS gain unless it hits 5 targets. Disc won't be able to effectively AoE heal. Spirit Shell will probably ensure us a raid spot, but I doubt we'll be able to keep pace with the other healers. I actually like the change of removing DA from PoH, having a spell do both absorbs and healing means we basically SPAM that spell. But I have dire concerns about the state of Disc's AE throughput afterward.

Very dire.

Going forward, it'll be interesting if they make CoH(or something like it) available to Disc.
    Is disc supposed to effectivly aoe heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Yes, why not? Blizzard certainly never stated they should not.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    All healers should be able to Tank and Raid heal. Some will be better at one or the other. If you can't do both, then you have a "bring the class not the player" environment. And we all know blizzards stand on that one: "Bring the paladin."