Thread: Gc Confirmed

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gc Confirmed

On twitter today he stated in a post to someone that warlocks are fine and will be fine even after the nerfs... Lol clearly he has no clue.

You mean the post where he said they'll tune the numbers after they're done sorting mechanics?

Way to misunderstand...

I'm talking more towards pvp. Warlocks will always be fine in Pve. I really just don't understand how or why they would nerf sac for destro n aff... It just doesn't make sense not only that but they are not compensating for the blood fear nerf in any way... I don't mind having to cast fear. What I do mind is when they nerf a class that wasn't OP to begin with. Hunters have been running around this entire season being op along with warriors. Yet nothing happens to them. I just don't understand why they do this to warlocks every season! Hell hybrid casters are better than us! What is blizz smoking?!

I don't pvp but from the looks of it, the nerfs to sac aren't going to be the difference between a kill or not, both in pvp and pve. I get the nerf to blood fear was pretty big for you guys but I'm pretty sure it was to be expected, I just think warlocks in pvp are one of the high skill-cap classes and that may just be blizzard's thinking. I like the thought of destruction with sac and like I said, I still see the preferred choice being sac, but I also think they don't want destruction to be so reliant on having no pet since affliction is kind of that spec right now and they might even nerf affliction more to bring pets more into balance...wouldn't be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    I'm talking more towards pvp. Warlocks will always be fine in Pve. I really just don't understand how or why they would nerf sac for destro n aff... It just doesn't make sense not only that but they are not compensating for the blood fear nerf in any way... I don't mind having to cast fear. What I do mind is when they nerf a class that wasn't OP to begin with. Hunters have been running around this entire season being op along with warriors. Yet nothing happens to them. I just don't understand why they do this to warlocks every season! Hell hybrid casters are better than us! What is blizz smoking?!
    This is coming from a warlock, our class has traditionally been the most successful caster in the history of wow in terms of Arena/PvP. maybe not 1v1 but rated and team play we have never been bad. Right now, Lock is decent, not OP, but certainly not bad. As to the nerfs to defensives, our class is getting 10% static damage reduction baseline, thats a ridiculous buff. Blood Fear was just dumb, just absolutely dumb. Did I use it? yes, I did, but it was still stupid OP. Having castable fear again will be better for the game. And still, I believe Lock is the only pure dps class with all 3 specs more than viable for Arena.

What hybrid casters are better than us? other than shadow which is just a great overall spec atm. Boomkins? No, Ele Shaman? Rofl.

Hunters have had repeated nerfs throughout this season, and Warriors are getting hit hard in terms of survival this upcoming patch. Not sure where you're getting your information but its just not correct.

And not OP to begin with? Did you watch Blizzcon? How many teams had a lock? 3 out of the top 4 teams had locks on them. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but don't cry about nerfs when theyre not that big of a deal. Especially with big buffs coming to affliction already.
    Last edited by Ogre8686; 2013-01-24 at 08:50 PM.

Well tbh with you using sac as aff has its ups and downs granted it makes your haunt and malefic grasp do more dmg I prefer going with supremacy for the pet he steals magic buffs and can stop other casters from casting while your in cc. Seems more useful I think! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre8686 View Post
    This is coming from a warlock, our class has traditionally been the most successful caster in the history of wow in terms of Arena/PvP. maybe not 1v1 but rated and team play we have never been bad. Right now, Lock is decent, not OP, but certainly not bad. As to the nerfs to defensives, our class is getting 10% static damage reduction baseline, thats a ridiculous buff. Blood Fear was just dumb, just absolutely dumb. Did I use it? yes, I did, but it was still stupid OP. Having castable fear again will be better for the game. And still, I believe Lock is the only pure dps class with all 3 specs more than viable for Arena.

And not OP to begin with? Did you watch Blizzcon? How many teams had a lock? 3 out of the top 4 teams had locks on them. I'm not trying to be a jerk here but don't cry about nerfs when theyre not that big of a deal. Especially with big buffs coming to affliction already.
    Um what big buffs are you talking about? All they are doing to affliction is increasing the dmg UA does when dispelled there hasn't been any notes of increasing our overall dot dmg.

All of those teams were chosen from placings in Cata; the real question to ponder is how many of those would have actually used a Warlock.

Answer: relatively zero considering how effective and abundant melee cleavers are/were.

Um what big buffs are you talking about? All they are doing to affliction is increasing the dmg UA does when dispelled there hasn't been any notes of increasing our overall dot dmg.
    The changes to healing and burst classes have caused the meta-game to shift putting more value in a more sustained pressure situation which is a substantial pvp boost to affliction.

Warlocks are more than fine in 5.1, 5.2 hasn't come out yet and is still in progress. I wish OP used actual reason and thought, why must all haters be brainless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre8686 View Post

What hybrid casters are better than us? other than shadow which is just a great overall spec atm. Boomkins? No, Ele Shaman? Rofl.

Hunters have had repeated nerfs throughout this season, and Warriors are getting hit hard in terms of survival this upcoming patch. Not sure where you're getting your information but its just not correct.

At start of the season a demonology wasn't nerved. Elemental shaman's in my opinion the strongest caster burst class atm. Yaspresents's tourney showed how many lock teams? 2? One demo one affl vs most comps consisting of warriors and ferals. Demo is in a decent spot now but nerve to bf will hit it really hard because demo had to minimalise haste. Affliction will now be strong in pvp which is desired by a lot of warlock players. And destro, well it scales insanely well with spellpower so we'll have to see how gear affects that spec, in pvp.

Warlocks are more than fine in 5.1,
    Do explain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    all that shows is that afflocks arent bad on any encounter, it doesnt show if they top charts on every encounter, if you take wol it shows something different entirely, as that shows afflocks are good on some encounters(mainly single target encoutners) but gets beaten to a grisp on others.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-01-25 at 03:32 AM.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-0.html

You see that 2200 and above distribution history there? You see the 4 classes under 5%, with a pretty sizable gap between that group and everyone else sitting at 10% and above? Two of those classes are getting steroid buffs next patch, and we're sitting there currently at the top of that group by a sliver thanks to how broken blood fear is. Wonder what next patch will look like. But I guess all those 2200+ players just need to l2p better, right?

Edited to add: I just noticed that for each of the 4 low rep classes, you could take any of the upper classes' top represented spec and we wouldn't match the representation even if you combined all 3 specs. Also, the only reason we beat dk's despite frost and unholy each being on top of any of our specs is because blood isn't really viable.
    Last edited by Docmort; 2013-01-25 at 04:21 AM.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

On twitter today he stated in a post to someone that warlocks are fine and will be fine even after the nerfs... Lol clearly he has no clue.
    Link this please. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this was about PVE. Not pvp.

Deleted
    well at pve they are doing preeeeetty well

WoW forumgoers have a fascinating definition of "confirmed."

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    All of those teams were chosen from placings in Cata; the real question to ponder is how many of those would have actually used a Warlock.

Answer: relatively zero considering how effective and abundant melee cleavers are/were.
    The bulk of comps actually changed to different ones for Blizzcon, as during cata they were playing different comps. Melee cleaves are strong, no one said they aren't. second place tsg actually change their comp mid tournament as did many others. More than half those teams didnt qualify with a warlock on the team in cata.

At start of the season a demonology wasn't nerved. Elemental shaman's in my opinion the strongest caster burst class atm. Yaspresents's tourney showed how many lock teams? 2? One demo one affl vs most comps consisting of warriors and ferals. Demo is in a decent spot now but nerve to bf will hit it really hard because demo had to minimalise haste. Affliction will now be strong in pvp which is desired by a lot of warlock players. And destro, well it scales insanely well with spellpower so we'll have to see how gear affects that spec, in pvp.

Elemental has burst, everyone has burst, but ele falls over. Its a joke. Destro will be fine, Afflictions damage is already insane, its just sustained damage rather than all out burst. With UA glyph going baseline you gain the silence effect and UA wil always crit, which means 70-100k crits on 2 targets from one dispel. Demo will probably suck but it should.

Docmort

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-0.html

You see that 2200 and above distribution history there? You see the 4 classes under 5%, with a pretty sizable gap between that group and everyone else sitting at 10% and above? Two of those classes are getting steroid buffs next patch, and we're sitting there currently at the top of that group by a sliver thanks to how broken blood fear is. Wonder what next patch will look like. But I guess all those 2200+ players just need to l2p better, right?

Edited to add: I just noticed that for each of the 4 low rep classes, you could take any of the upper classes' top represented spec and we wouldn't match the representation even if you combined all 3 specs. Also, the only reason we beat dk's despite frost and unholy each being on top of any of our specs is because blood isn't really viable.

Schirm

Warlocks are more than fine in 5.1,
    Do explain.

Warlocks are fine. Warriors are not. It just so happens that representation doesnt alwaysdenote a problem with the class but rather the state of arena composition. Over 90% of teams above 2200 include a warrior, the direct counter to warlocks, i.e. no matter how good or bad warlocks are theyre difficult to play in higher ratings as they get raped by warriors. So, 5.2=warrior nerfs=less warriors playing fotm=higher warlock representation and easier warlock play.

With the UA change and 10% static damage reduction to all specs, affliction is looking to be incredibly strong as its damage (when Geared) already borders on the ridiculous, and now has added survivability.

The issue then becomes that rogues and monks are set to take the place of warriors, both of which will be able to hard counter warlocks. Unfortunately I believe nothing will change without some fundamental shift in the macro game.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmort View Post
    The issue then becomes that rogues and monks are set to take the place of warriors, both of which will be able to hard counter warlocks. Unfortunately I believe nothing will change without some fundamental shift in the macro game.
    Monks will be strong for sure. Ring of Peace, the main piece making Monks super op on ptr is not going live in its current state, GC has said it, and its been reiterated on blue posts. And yes, Rogues will be strong but warriors directly counter locks this isnt so with monks and rogues. Both classes can be feared, sure they will do amazing damage in a short time but they arent alone in that category. I havent said that Locks will be uber gods but they will be fine. Damage tuned up, survival (which we already have so many defenesive capabilities in comparison to most classes) buffed as well. Not saying the road will be easy, but it will be easier. But no one will know for sure until 5.2 actually hits.

In addition, this was in response to OP complaining that warlocks were the only classes getting nerfed and were in an unplayable state come the proposed changes.
    Last edited by Ogre8686; 2013-01-25 at 07:37 AM.