Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Capacitative Primal Diamond

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95346

I'm hoping that stamina stat isn't permanent, but how much would that Capacitance buff/damage have to be to be an upgrade?
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

'Capacitance
    Instant
    Gained Capacitance. When you reach 5 charges, they will release, dealing a Lightning Strike for 1 Nature damage against your current target.'
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Id go for the haste one.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Id go for the haste one.
    Chance on dealing spell damage to gain 30% spell haste

Why would you chose this as a (non holy)paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shippai View Post
    Chance on dealing spell damage to gain 30% spell haste

Why would you chose this as a (non holy)paladin?
    I am fairly sure paladins of all specs benefit from spell haste. My main raiding spec is holy, so when I get this I will be sure to test it on the other specs.

I am fairly sure paladins of all specs benefit from spell haste. My main raiding spec is holy, so when I get this I will be sure to test it on the other specs.
    Spell Haste for a Prot or Retadin would benefit their swing speed how? The cooldown of their melee skills that scales off of normal haste how?

OT: I'm not personally a HUGE fan of this gem being Nature damage, for all melee (and Hunters, though it doesn't say ranged yet, it likely will change). Enhancement Shamans and Survival Hunters will make it scale with their Mastery (to whatever degrees). I'd say change it to Arcane or Holy (which then scales with us on Inquisition), but Survival Hunters scales their Mastery against all magic damage, so unless it does physical damage, it will always scale with them.

I dunno. While I realize it is the sole option for us as DPS to use, I'd rather see it scale more fairly across the board, than higher with a couple classes/specs due to how a certain class trait works.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-01-24 at 05:21 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    lol no. ret and prot don't benefit from it, that's called melee haste. spell haste is not the same as melee haste.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Isn't it a different "meta" socket, so it's an upgrade regardless ?
    Correct, crown of heavens gives you a socket on your weapon, the meta gem goes into that socket. So your head meta stays the same.

Stamina will stay, it's done for pvp reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    lol no. ret and prot don't benefit from it, that's called melee haste. spell haste is not the same as melee haste.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:17 PM ----------

Correct, crown of heavens gives you a socket on your weapon, the meta gem goes into that socket. So your head meta stays the same.

Stamina will stay, it's done for pvp reasons.
    Actually, as stated over on Wowhead, the tooltip for the Crown of Heavens is out of date. It's the exact same one as the 5.1 quest reward's tooltip (even says Prismatic socket, not Meta Socket). Early data-mining is early.

The Stamina I'm fine with, but unless they do something to "upgrade" our Sha-Touched weapons, I doubt it will be used in them. The ilevel alone will be dragging them WAY behind for every purpose we could want to use them in this new tier, with the gear ilevel jumping, and so many of us scaling way better off of Weapon Damage.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

There will be new sha touched weapons in the next raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    There will be new sha touched weapons in the next raid.
    Source? Cause I've not seen much in terms of loot itemization.

Sorry, that wasn't necessarily what I meant to say. The weapons will be similar to sha touched (one would assume). You'll be using your new sockets/prismatic in them, not in your current sha touched weapon.

Sorry, that wasn't necessarily what I meant to say. The weapons will be similar to sha touched (one would assume). You'll be using your new sockets/prismatic in them, not in your current sha touched weapon.
    These meta gems are for the "Crown of Heaven" Legendary meta socket for a helm item. Not weapon.

I can assume it will add a second meta slot on the helm that only fits the new gem. My reasoning is because they are all stamina + interesting proc.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Are you referring to the old gems/prismatics? Because in 5.2 the new gem goes straight on your beautiful head.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    Are you referring to the old gems/prismatics? Because in 5.2 the new gem goes straight on your beautiful head.
    They could have a new sha-touched weapon in the new raid that can have the T14 legendary gems in it. That's what he means.

Have they clarified how you get the meta's yet? I see a nice PvP one, so I'm wondering if PvE will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They could have a new sha-touched weapon in the new raid that can have the T14 legendary gems in it. That's what he means.
    This is what I would assume. If they're putting stamania on the meta, they should let us use our past legendary gems again. For 10k most likely.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Spell Haste for a Prot or Retadin would benefit their swing speed how? The cooldown of their melee skills that scales off of normal haste how?

OT: I'm not personally a HUGE fan of this gem being Nature damage, for all melee (and Hunters, though it doesn't say ranged yet, it likely will change). Enhancement Shamans and Survival Hunters will make it scale with their Mastery (to whatever degrees). I'd say change it to Arcane or Holy (which then scales with us on Inquisition), but Survival Hunters scales their Mastery against all magic damage, so unless it does physical damage, it will always scale with them.

I dunno. While I realize it is the sole option for us as DPS to use, I'd rather see it scale more fairly across the board, than higher with a couple classes/specs due to how a certain class trait works.
    Are you sure of this? Did they ever change Sanctity of Battle? I stopped following it during beta, but as far as I know Sanctity of Battle uses spell haste. If so, and if the haste gem can proc off of censure, exo, etc, it may actually be the best. But that all hinges on whether Sanctity of Battle was ever changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Are you sure of this? Did they ever change Sanctity of Battle? I stopped following it during beta, but as far as I know Sanctity of Battle uses spell haste. If so, and if the haste gem can proc off of censure, exo, etc, it may actually be the best. But that all hinges on whether Sanctity of Battle was ever changed.
    Yeah, that got changed a while ago. Hopefully the damage that Capacitance does will either apply quickly or be big enough to make a stand against the 30% spell haste buff for casters. My money's on applying quickly, otherwise there would be pvp repercussions, assuming someone had decided to pass up the Tyrannical meta.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/25956-sanctity-of-battle