Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You're complaining about things you're not obligated to do, you complain of 2's, then later say 'then remove it'. If you care so little about it, then you can.....wait for it....... and it's in... you can choose to not play it!.

Besides that Blanket Silences are stupid. You were probably all in for the nerf on heroic throw silence and pummel blanket glyph. So wheres the difference?

Child A and B both have toy robots, Child C shows up brandishing his new toy robot. Child A and B feel less special about their robots. Child C's robot beats both robots in a boxing match because Child C's robot had higher grade construction. Child A and B complain so Child C's robot is replaced with a lesser quality. Child A and B continue to win against Child C's robot, until their parents realize robot fighting is silly. So all the robots are taken away and replaced with lollipops.

Do you understand what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    Yes it's necessary. I can't remember the last time I actually saw one of my healers get locked out on a spell rather than just blanketed. The game has too much instant, unavoidable CC (5.2 is bringing some decent changes to that).
    ye, but the game also has 99% instant heals and all healing cds being instant.

shamans only cast during am
    paladins dont even bother opening their cast bar
    druids have their hots
    priests have 45s am and tons of shields(which are getting infinitely stronger 5.2)
    monks have 103257 things to avoid silences and lockdowns

so impcs/spelllock are actually a LOT more important to a mage/lock right now than they ever were.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    ye, but the game also has 99% instant heals and all healing cds being instant.

shamans only cast during am
    paladins dont even bother opening their cast bar
    druids have their hots
    priests have 45s am and tons of shields(which are getting infinitely stronger 5.2)
    monks have 103257 things to avoid silences and lockdowns

so impcs/spelllock are actually a LOT more important to a mage/lock right now than they ever were.
    1) Mages are grossly overpowered in terms of lockdown.
    2) Nearly all high rated locks are demo. Demo doesn't even have the silence.
    3) It only removes spell lock silence, not the upgraded felhunter (observer) silence so it doens't affect aff and destro if you use a pet.

Secondly, you're grossly mis-informed. Shaman must cast healing surge. If you somehow meet a shaman who doesn't need to cast against you, you're doing something horribly wrong. Druid hots heal for nothing and they have to spam regrowth when under pressure. Monks... wow, have you ever even met a monk healer?

Paladins are the only healers who never cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    You are not supposed to kill a healer in a 1v1 fight.
    You are supposed to combine the cc and out-skill them kill the healer, or drag the dps out of healers range and kill. congrats welcome to arena

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Blizz have said time and time again they dont like people killing a healer in 1v1, it should always be a 'stale mate' as in, you cannot kill each other. For the most part, with most classes, this is true. This change is just trying to make the above statment more true for a mage, you said yourself you "hardly" manage to land a killing blow on a healer with blanket silence, the point is you SHOULD NEVER get the killing blow 1v1 due to a skill, unless you greatly outgear them.

Your argument saying 'well remove 2v2' is invalid as blizzard have said, again, 2v2 is close to IMPOSSIBLE to balance, which is why they are focusing more on 3v3, 5v5 and rated bg's which is what the majority of pvp changes have in mind. It's all well and good if blanket silence is necessary for 2v2, but when its close to overpowered in 3v3, 5v5 and RBG then your outvoted im afraid.

As I said before, blizzard have admitted 2v2 is unbalanced and likely never will be balanced and are focusing pvp on 3v3, 5v5 and RBG, maybe its time you do the same if you arent happy with changes like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with blanket silences is it requires zero thought, just silence the healer, you do not even need to interrupt a cast. It requires no thought is the problem.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The problem with blanket silences is it requires zero thought, just silence the healer, you do not even need to interrupt a cast. It requires no thought is the problem.
    Yea cause pressing an instant heal on the lowest hp requires A LOT of thought ..../sarcasm.
    If they want to remove the blanket silences, the least they could do is be consistent with the change and remove it from every class, also, by introducing means for the spell to actually be effective ( aka remove the shitload of instant spells that exist, and put on some darned casts cause that's why it's called a "caster" and not a "instanter " or w/e )

And in contradiction to your statement, silences DO require thought. IF you'd played any rbgs / high end pvp you would know how important is to focus-silence at the right time.

Deleted
    hope this is a sign of things to come:

- remove blanket silences ( done )
    - make casters cast again and tone down interrupts and instant cc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    -> Warlock: Bubbles, insta fear (for while), silence, pet stun, and all the crap
    Silence and stun are abilities from 2 different pets.

I don't believe removing it is needed. Removing mages improved counter spell yes is needed. But now we can silence dks unless they are pooping army which can't be done in arena or rbgs what the heck blizz!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    I don't believe removing it is needed. Removing mages improved counter spell yes is needed. But now we can silence dks unless they are pooping army which can't be done in arena or rbgs what the heck blizz!?
    Omg you can not silence a dk...what are you going to do! Really if you survived on one silence to keep you up you really shouldn't be able to survive.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    hope this is a sign of things to come:

- remove blanket silences ( done )
    - make casters cast again and tone down interrupts and instant cc
    -Make the game totally melee oriented (almost done)

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    you don't even have to nova someone to deep
    True, but in most cases this is when it is done. Careful timing and with a bit of luck, you can counter Deep Freeze.

On-Topic: I think so. I feel they're not really a skilled method of keeping people shut down, but I feel the issue lies with the fact that without them, healers (of which I am one) have almost complete freedom to heal up their team mate.

PvP should be slowed down I feel. There shouldn't be burst, there shouldn't be an enormous push of all cooldowns to down a healer in 3.7 seconds. It isn't fun to leave the start zone, and within 10 seconds be dead, due to be stun locked, feared, controlled and raped, and there was nothing you could do to prevent any of it.

You are, when there is heal + dps on both sides. lol

Dontcha love 20 min matches? i do.
    Well healers can actuelly do stuff that is not healing, some healers can silence, some can fear, some can counter, some can cyclone, some can polymorh you to a frog, some can root, some can stun, the list is almost endless.
    And last but not least they can actually do damage. Not the same amount a normal DPS can do, but still they may provide that little edge you need to kill your target.

Beacuase you dont make fully use of your teammates potential you cannot deny it.

Deleted
    Blanket silences should NEVER of made it into the game anyway there brain dead pieces of poop, i can understand a warriors pummel to some extent as they have a hard time catching a good mage for example (easier than other xpacs but still difficult i beleive, when team(s) work together) they need uptime so this is ok in my eyes.

but in general what needs to be done is silences need to be on-cast silences it highers the skill gap and less charges/jumps again i can understand warriors as there not the easiest class to get a ''connect'' with against good opponents especially now avatar doesnt give immunity (good change) and ret palladins need a change being invulnerable and dps'ing (mostly pet i think?) cant be fun for them i would like to see rets fundamentally re-designed.

i can grantee you will see SO many mages/locks spamming CS/SpL and dying and wondering why for at least the first month i cannot wait for this! and finally i can bloomin' fake cast more again i've missed having to do that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Stone Bulwark absorb is pitiful. No Shaman takes it. Astral Shift = 2 min CD. Deep Freeze = much less. Also Ele can't heal for shiite.
    Ele heals are fine, especially when used during a clearcast.
    do what you feel.

Deleted
    Well silence is weird
    But healing even more.
    I am agree that silence have not much place in pvp i play these days with mine SP just in Random BGs and every time happens the same you get stun then silence then again stun and again silence.I cant do nothig to damage mine foes oz even after silence is over when i attempt to cast get interrupted...
    Silence have to be a tool with long CD not less than 3-5 mins where you can use it only to achieve final blow on Healer or that DK who still dint use his heal from pet
    Anyway all healers have tools when they can heal w/o to be silenced on interrupted but not the casters specs

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    You are not supposed to kill a healer in a 1v1 fight.
    this
    Then remove 2x arena please.
    They left it in for fun, there is no longer rewards from it. Thus it isnt balanced around it. Besides its your choice you play with a healer, you can easily go double dps. Your also not by yourself, your healer should be helping you force their cds

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Good, you shouldn't be rewarded either way for missing your interrupt. Someone who fake casts and jukes you out should get rewarded for it and not you.
    This 100%
    Last edited by Myci; 2013-01-25 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Omg you can not silence a dk...what are you going to do! Really if you survived on one silence to keep you up you really shouldn't be able to survive.
    Lol I was obviously joking about that.. I don't really care about silencing death knights but I really don't think that they should remove blanket cs from the game. If that's the case than boomkins shouldn't be able to use solar beam on someone unless they are casting or same for sp... Just saying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxo View Post
    Lol I was obviously joking about that.. I don't really care about silencing death knights but I really don't think that they should remove blanket cs from the game. If that's the case than boomkins shouldn't be able to use solar beam on someone unless they are casting or same for sp... Just saying
    Joking/sarcasm is not seem on the internet, it is more a nonverbal thing. People's stupidity is infinite, especially over the internet. So how do I know that what you just said was a joke?Just saying...