Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need upgrade priorities please

Which should I upgrade first, Im going to upgrade gradually over time so which 1st, 2nd Etc.

Thanks

Deleted
    do you have an aftermarket cooler on the cpu? (overclocking would make sure that cpu will keep you going for quite a while)
    other then that do you want game performance mostly? then i'd say upgrade the GPU first else a SSD is a very good option aswell for quality of life with it's speed gain over conventional hdd's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    do you have an aftermarket cooler on the cpu? (overclocking would make sure that cpu will keep you going for quite a while)
    other then that do you want game performance mostly? then i'd say upgrade the GPU first else a SSD is a very good option aswell for quality of life with it's speed gain over conventional hdd's.
    I do Have an after market cooler and I'm currently in the process of learning the ins and outs of Overclocking. Would be game performance mostly yes, capable of streaming in 720p too

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, your system is pretty good. It's hard to tell what video card you have though, since it could be a 6850, 6870, or 6890. There's really no reason to upgrade the CPU though. Maybe get some more ram at some point, since it's cheap. And yes, and SSD would make a world of difference.

Your CPU is good, you can get new faster RAM's since they are cheap anyway. You may want to replace your GPU, but that's up to you. Since I have to play all of the games with everything maxed i'm running with a gtx670 but not everybody needs that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    Your CPU is good, you can get new faster RAM's since they are cheap anyway. You may want to replace your GPU, but that's up to you. Since I have to play all of the games with everything maxed i'm running with a gtx670 but not everybody needs that
    Could you recommend any decent ram, I'd like to upgrade to some good fast 8Gig ram. But I dont know much about CAS or Speed differencess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daant View Post
    Could you recommend any decent ram, I'd like to upgrade to some good fast 8Gig ram. But I dont know much about CAS or Speed differencess
    looks like your ram is underclocked , also it'd be the most useless upgrade option.

Deleted
    looks like your ram is underclocked , also it'd be the most useless upgrade option.

Thanks what CPU-Z Says about my RAM, I dont know what to do about it if it is underclocked Advice ?

Deleted

Thanks what CPU-Z Says about my RAM, I dont know what to do about it if it is underclocked Advice ?
    looks more like it is running at the lowest possible clocks, you can likely change it in the bios. (got any more details on what ram you got brandwise/series/edition?)
    im guessing it should run atleast at 1k+ MHz (1033,13xx,1600)

10+ Year Old Account
    it isn't underclocked, it's just running at 1066.

You could try to overclock it
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    looks more like it is running at the lowest possible clocks, you can likely change it in the bios. (got any more details on what ram you got brandwise/series/edition?)

Thats the in depth version heh

It is running at 1066, that is pretty much standard for socket 1366.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    It is running at 1066, that is pretty much standard for socket 1366.
    So would you recommend some better RAM ?

Any point in upgrading it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I simply recommended MORE ram, since for me 6gb would be pushing it. 8gb is more than enough for me, though. However since you're on a triple board, you'd need 4x4x4. But if you don't need more than 6gb, more ram wont help, nor will faster ram.

I'd focus on the video card or an SSD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I simply recommended MORE ram, since for me 6gb would be pushing it. 8gb is more than enough for me, though. However since you're on a triple board, you'd need 4x4x4. But if you don't need more than 6gb, more ram wont help, nor will faster ram.

I'd focus on the video card or an SSD.
    Aight, Thanks bro

Deleted
    Aight, Thanks bro
    got a budget? (also what focus quality of life improvement or performance in game?)

Deleted
    got a budget? (also what focus quality of life improvement or performance in game?)
    Performance is fine, but I do like to improve me gear every year or so, so It'd be QoL.

I'd be doing it over a period of a couple of months, approx £200 per month

10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully, upgrading every year seems futile. If you upgraded from your older i7 to a current i7, I highly doubt you'd see a difference outside of marginal synthetic benchmarks.

Deleted
    Performance is fine, but I do like to improve me gear every year or so, so It'd be QoL.

I'd be doing it over a period of a couple of months, approx £200 per month
    general idea that i'd suggest would be get an ssd (vertex4 orso) and perhaps a nice (12GB tripple ram set) the first month and save the 2nd and 3rd month for a nice gpu which might actually line up with new releases from nvidia and/or/if any AMD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Truthfully, upgrading every year seems futile. If you upgraded from your older i7 to a current i7, I highly doubt you'd see a difference outside of marginal synthetic benchmarks.
    I dont upgrade everything per year, just bits one year others the next

general idea that i'd suggest would be get an ssd (vertex4 orso) and perhaps a nice (12GB tripple ram set) the first month and save the 2nd and 3rd month for a nice gpu which might actually line up with new releases from nvidia and/or/if any AMD.

Thanks a lot mate, would you suggest new ram entirely? 3 x 4gigs?