Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights

Question to my fellow Swedish Forumner

hello, i have a quick question about http://pirateisp.net/.
    these guys are coming to where i am living (costa rica) to provide their fiber optic internet services up to 100MB, the installations of these fiber optic internet are about to start and it looks like it promises.
    are these guys legit, is this ISP a good one over there or is it just a waste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if they're good or not but I like their slogan.

Wish more companies would get a clue.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Dunno if they're good or not but I like their slogan.

Wish more companies would get a clue.
    so, are they in canada?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDarkslayerx View Post
    so, are they in canada?
    No.

We don't even have American ISPs up here because they are deemed "A threat to Canadian heritage and culture" by the Canadian Radio-Telecommunication Commission (CRTC; Government)

Deleted
    They are just a very minor company in Sweden so to me it seems strange that they'd expand to Costa Rica when they don't even exist in most cities here, so I'd assume that it's a scam, to make sure you might want to contact them here: http://pirateisp.net/kontakt/ , write your name, e-mail, subject and the message (in that order). Quite frankly the ISP is so minor that I don't know anyone who has used them personally, but from what I've heard the customers have mixed feelings (quite cheap prices, some capacity problems).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    They are just a very minor company in Sweden so to me it seems strange that they'd expand to Costa Rica when they don't even exist in most cities here, so I'd assume that it's a scam, to make sure you might want to contact them here: http://pirateisp.net/kontakt/ , write your name, e-mail, subject and the message (in that order). Quite frankly the ISP is so minor that I don't know anyone who has used them personally, but from what I've heard the customers have mixed feelings (quite cheap prices, some capacity problems).
    alright thank you, i will do what you said and find out...
    Last edited by NotAnOtherUser; 2013-01-25 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Well the website does say they're in beta until september. So I guess its a new ISP that is just getting its roots dug in.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Well the website does say they're in beta until september. So I guess its a new ISP that is just getting its roots dug in.
    then, what do you think?
    should i give it a try then? their prices are very cheap compare with the nationals ISPs and more megabytes :P

They are legit, they got a political party as well, who had seats in the EU parliament(the pirate party) ;P

edit 1
    Seems like a. the costumer service is great but b. the product is so-so.

Quick google search.

edit 2
    It's one of the things I really like with my country btw, anyone can pretty much start a political party ;P

The Pirate Party (Swedish: Piratpartiet) is a political party in Sweden founded in 2006. Its sudden popularity has given rise to parties with the same name and similar goals in Europe and worldwide, forming the International Pirate Party movement.

The party strives to reform laws regarding copyright and patents. The agenda also includes support for a strengthening of the right to privacy, both on the Internet and in everyday life, and the transparency of state administration.[2] The Party has intentionally chosen to be bloc independent on the traditional left-right scale[3] to pursue their political agenda with all mainstream parties. The party originally stayed neutral on other matters, but started broadening into other political areas in 2012.[4][5]

The Party participated in the 2006 Riksdag elections and gained 0.63% of the votes making them the third largest party outside parliament, where a minimum of 4% is required. In terms of membership, it passed the Green Party in December 2008, the Left Party in February 2009, the Liberal People's Party and the Christian Democrats in April 2009,[6][7] and the Centre Party in May 2009, making it, for the time being, the third largest political party in Sweden by membership. The Pirate Party's associated youth organisation, Young Pirate (Swedish: Ung Pirat), was, for a part of 2009 and 2010, the largest political youth organisation in Sweden by membership count.

The Pirate Party received 7.13% of the total Swedish votes in the 2009 European Parliament elections, which was originally to result in one seat in the European parliament, but became two when the Lisbon Treaty was ratified.[8][9] Christian Engström became the first MEP for the party, and Amelia Andersdotter took the second seat after the ratification of the Lisbon Treaty on 1 December 2009.

Rick Falkvinge, founder of the party, stepped down on 1 January 2011 after five years as party leader, making vice leader Anna Troberg the current party leader.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_%28Sweden%29
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-25 at 01:54 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    They are legit, they got a political party as well, who had seats in the EU parliament(the pirate party) ;P

edit 1
    Seems like a. the costumer service is great but b. the product is so-so.

Quick google search.

edit 2
    It's one of the things I really like with my country btw, anyone can pretty much start a political party ;P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_%28Sweden%29
    well then ill give it a shot then thank you for your reply, i might try your quality internet over here in CR :P