Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Ah. I'll confess, I have no clue about DK and Warrior stat priorities. So there's no reason for this other than the "we don't think haste should be this good" statement from GC.
    Nope, this is all based on GC thinking that prot pallies shouldn't use haste, and him having ignored the issue since we started reporting it in March last year.

But then I won't be able to tank in 100% ret gear with a shield .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    But then I won't be able to tank in 100% ret gear with a shield .
    You still have garalon for that

but seriously, i hope they won't go trough with this

The big issue is in terms of survivability. We are like 3rd right now in terms of tanks. warrior>dk's>Paly>druids>monk id say atm for most fights. If they nerf haste and don't give us a BIG boost somewhere else. We are gonna go squish and be useless tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    The big issue is in terms of survivability. We are like 3rd right now in terms of tanks. warrior>dk's>Paly>druids>monk id say atm for most fights. If they nerf haste and don't give us a BIG boost somewhere else. We are gonna go squish and be useless tanks.
    Where are you getting that list? We currently take our prot paladin over our prot warrior. They take similar damage, but prot pallies do significantly more dps.

Deleted
    Where are you getting that list? We currently take our prot paladin over our prot warrior. They take similar damage, but prot pallies do significantly more dps.
    Especially during Wind Lord.... that DPS.... mmmmm SO DELICIOUS!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to use haste and crit then whats the point of dodge and parry? Should blizzard just delete those stats altogether? Idk, i don't like the idea of stacking haste.

I'm kind of worried. Another thread there was a possible nerf to SotR. If they nerf haste, wont we just go back to mastery stacking? I mean, dodge/parry are complete crap. I don't see nerfing our core ability and haste all the suddenly making Dodge/Parry good for us. It wont. Good thing my guilds ret paladin hogs all the haste gear. Im going to need to build up a back up avoidance set with a heavy mastery focus.

If you want to use haste and crit then whats the point of dodge and parry? Should blizzard just delete those stats altogether? Idk, i don't like the idea of stacking haste.
    We don't use crit. The only DPS stat that we use is haste. Haste / Mastery / Hit / Exp are all better by far. What's next, nerf hit / exp since dps all want that too and any hit /exp / mastery pieces will have ANY tank after it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I'm kind of worried. Another thread there was a possible nerf to SotR. If they nerf haste, wont we just go back to mastery stacking? I mean, dodge/parry are complete crap. I don't see nerfing our core ability and haste all the suddenly making Dodge/Parry good for us. It wont. Good thing my guilds ret paladin hogs all the haste gear. Im going to need to build up a back up avoidance set with a heavy mastery focus.

We don't use crit. The only DPS stat that we use is haste. Haste / Mastery / Hit / Exp are all better by far. What's next, nerf hit / exp since dps all want that too and any hit /exp / mastery pieces will have ANY tank after it?
    I'm not opposed to the idea of dps stats being good, but they shouldn't totally rule out dodge and parry either imo. There has to be a way to make both desirable but equally protective. Maybe a play style choice that doesn't have many if any benefits one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm not opposed to the idea of dps stats being good, but they shouldn't totally rule out dodge and parry either imo. There has to be a way to make both desirable but equally protective. Maybe a play style choice that doesn't have many if any benefits one way or the other.
    In Wrath Stam stacking was tops. In Cata Mastery stacking was the best. In MoP you can choose between haste / mastery. They both greatly outweigh dodge/parry. Should they nerf haste to being useless we will just go back to the Cata model of Stacking Mastery. We Might want to have dodge/parry at a good ratio, but I doubt it. You can basically ignore dodge/parry. For the tanks who stack Mastery, this isn't even a discussion that they care about. It won't change what they do.

The only way to make dodge/parry viable again is to allow block capping again. So then we stack mastery to block cap then start swapping mastery to dodge/parry once were at block cap.

Yeah tanks shouldnt use dps stats. Thats why all druids have dodge/parry leather and DKs use 1handers with a shield /sarcasm

Also, if Blizzard could balance every stat so they were all completely equal (which they can't) that would be the most boring itemization model I've ever seen.

You literally would be like "welp, got some gear. Better enchant it. What do I socket? Whatever I want. Reforge? Whats that?"

The only real way to fix prot paladins using haste is either nerfing the SoTR mitigation, or removing Sanctity of Battle from prot.

The only real way to fix prot paladins using haste is either nerfing the SoTR mitigation, or removing Sanctity of Battle from prot.
    I dont see nerfing SoTR as a viable solution. That is a lot of mitigation we would lose. The only way is to just remove Sanctity of Battle. Nerfing our core mitigation ability and damage dealing ability would only serve to hurt us.

Deleted
    Heard about this tonight during farm from a guild-mate. So disappointing and I hope they reconsider. They did say specifically that they're looking at ShoR - expect a nerf to the damage reduction, probably with no compensation.

I should add I only recently became a tank as one of ours jumped ship. Ever since BC I have hated Protection, literally would not spec it if you paid me. Haste makes it fun to play; I tried a non-haste build for our raid tonight just to try some other things out and it felt atrocious. As soon as we had a break I had to port out and reforge/gem back. If they make haste undesirable, Prot will feel like crap and I wont have a good time playing it.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-01-25 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think haste and mastery or dodge parry/dodge mastery should be how we gear. I mean haste is for those pallys that want faster tanking with less passive mitigation, and dodge parry should be for those who would rather play the old way. IDK what i want honestly. You know what, I dont actually care what they do. Ill gear how guides say and play the game. Thats it.

At this point I think Blizzard has just given up. They are going to find Ghostcrawler one day in his bathtub with his wrists cut, the suicide note will indicate how remorseful he was over screwing up World Of Warcraft and making it blow. In the note, he will also make it a point to state how badly he wishes he had thought of the idea of challenge modes, the only worthwhile addition to the game in Mists of Pandaria.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:04 AM ----------

Even if they nerfed Shield of the righteous, I wouldn't stop using a haste build. The dps is just too attractive. If they nerf sanctity of battle, I'm deleting my paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    At this point I think Blizzard has just given up. They are going to find Ghostcrawler one day in his bathtub with his wrists cut, the suicide note will indicate how remorseful he was over screwing up World Of Warcraft and making it blow. In the note, he will also make it a point to state how badly he wishes he had thought of the idea of challenge modes, the only worthwhile addition to the game in Mists of Pandaria.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:04 AM ----------

Even if they nerfed Shield of the righteous, I wouldn't stop using a haste build. The dps is just too attractive. If they nerf sanctity of battle, I'm deleting my paladin.
    top 100 US paladin tank here. started leveling my DK today for 5.2 in case that exact change happens... /cry cause you know GC will "forget" to give us something to up our survivability in return and we will become the worst tanks in the game .
    Last edited by Moshots; 2013-01-25 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    top 100 US paladin tank here. started leveling my DK today for 5.2 in case that exact change happens... /cry cause you know GC will "forget" to give us something to up our survivability in return and we will become the worst tanks in the game .
    Urgh, not making me feel too confident right now Momir D:

Right now GC appears to be responding to tweets, so I am actively bombarding him with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I just think haste and mastery or dodge parry/dodge mastery should be how we gear. I mean haste is for those pallys that want faster tanking with less passive mitigation, and dodge parry should be for those who would rather play the old way. IDK what i want honestly. You know what, I dont actually care what they do. Ill gear how guides say and play the game. Thats it.
    You mean the way it is right now ? If you want passive mitigation you do get parry/dodge/mastery, if you want active, you get haste.