Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I do love how people jump on the bandwagon of uncomfirmed lore.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad! Looks promising! Atleast if the lil preview is the war of the aincents WITHOUT Mr.mage and co...

I'll assume most of it's based on WoW originals rigs though, ye?

Three things!

1) Amazing work.
    2) The hound masters whip could use some work... It's not bad enough to ruin the video or anything, but it's pretty bad.
    3) I hate when people assume because some character in a story said something, it's true. This entire fad that Elune is a naaru is based off one characters random comment. Velen is obsessed with naaru, and any "good" god would fit the general description of a Naaru. If I had to guess Blizz just dropped that little line to see how people react, and from there decide if down the road they want to make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Nice work, disregard the clueless fanwank about Elune being a Naaru, they haven't confirmed or verified this "musing" at all.
    Ignore the clueless ramblings of someone who doesn't work at Blizzard, you know the people who create the lore.

Nice work! I hope to see more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    also elune is a narru
    That is merely a suspicion of Velen. It's neither confirmed nor denied. We'll have to wait what Blizzard does. But the fact that Elune lets the Kal'dorei worship her as a Godess speaks against her being a Naaru, because the Naaru do not want to be worshiped.

@ Topic: Interesting. Lets see where you take this Machinima. But I thought Hakkar was the Snake guy / Loa from the troll tribes and not a servant of Sargeras?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That is merely a suspicion of Velen. It's neither confirmed nor denied. We'll have to wait what Blizzard does. But the fact that Elune lets the Kal'dorei worship her as a Godess speaks against her being a Naaru, because the Naaru do not want to be worshiped.

@ Topic: Interesting. Lets see where you take this Machinima. But I thought Hakkar was the Snake guy / Loa from the troll tribes and not a servant of Sargeras?
    Same name, different baddies.

She's a rogue Naaru, of course.

Hakkar the Houndmaster. He brought the felhunters to the War of the Ancients.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Same name, different baddies.
    I see... should I read Knaak books? Many peeps seem to think they are terrible..

She's a rogue Naaru, of course.
    Heh, now that would be a shocker to both Draenei and Nightelfs.

I see... should I read Knaak books? Many peeps seem to think they are terrible..
    They're not terrible, but they aren't the best. There's a lot of lore in his novels, and most of it is considered canon.

I think the outcry over Elune being a Naaru is a lot stupider than people who take what one character in the lore says seriously.

As if Gods in Warcraft are truly anything but varying tiers of powerful alien beings.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    if Blizzard wants, they could split the two Thalassian races in fully autonomous and independent models: the proud Sin'dorei of the Horde and the sedate Quel'dorei of the Alliance.
    Too late, Blizzard confirmed the numbers of the High Elves are extremelly low.
    Blizzard have stated that the high elves have a considerably smaller population than even the Gnomeregan Exiles.[24] High elves are a rare sight even in Alliance lands,[25] and are considered a fallen, all but extinct race.[26]

On topic: The work is amazing, keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Excluding the theories here. The artwork is very impressive. I'm torn if it's better then Blizzard though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Too late, Blizzard confirmed the numbers of the High Elves are extremelly low.
    Fewer than a couple of Pandaren choosing to explore new lands?
    Also: WoW world doesn't really reflect the "almost extinct" state of Highelves. There are quite a few of them running around.

I'm torn if it's better then Blizzard though.
    Its not. But the guy openly stated that he isn't a professional. So that's okay. To me its still quite impressive what he (they) do. (I can barely draw straw men, since I'm as artistic as your friendly neighborhood brick. )

Deleted
    "a bit more time" needs changed to a "a little more time"

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    "a bit more time" needs changed to a "a little more time"
    They mean the same exact thing.

Its not. But the guy openly stated that he isn't a professional. So that's okay. To me its still quite impressive what he (they) do. (I can barely draw straw men, since I'm as artistic as your friendly neighborhood brick. )
    To many people who can't draw or paint worth a damn, anything remotely close to looking talented seems professional to the average person and everyone thinks the guy who draws good in their class is going to be a famous artist one day. Couple that with the tendency for people to think cartoon or stylized art is somehow a negative thing, show them something that looks remotely talented while also looking "detailed" and more realistic or edgy and they're going to gush over it.

I think he makes really awesome model edits and fan art. Better than I can do with game assets, I have no idea how to do any of it other than importing something to photoshop and retouching it. I think he deserves a helluva lot of praise for his dedication and his passion.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-01-25 at 04:18 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Blizzard called. They want to hire you. Have you considered sending a job application to Blizzard? You have a lot of potential and skill in your models.

What program are you using to model?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Isn't Elune a Naaru?

nice models dude
    Yes, she is.