Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    The passive tree is not really that complicated
    This program takes about half of the work out of your hands
    http://code.google.com/p/path-of-exi...lTree_1.31.zip
    Just click any node and it will take you there with the shortest possible path.
    Generally speaking your build will revolve around a few keystone passives. Take those and then grab life/damage as necessary along the way
    Then test your build an make miniscule adjustments to get that last % of damage/survivability out of it
    Thats also why you shouldnt need full respecs. If you cant fix your build with like 10 respec points its beyond fucked (like if its your first character and you put points all over the place not knowing what you were doing)
    It goes wrong the moment you take a shortest path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Fro my understanding you were only suppose to be able to get a few orbs. I couldn't even tell you were i read this so don't hold me to it.

I've got one orb of regret so far (In 27 levels of play) and it was a random drop so I don't think there is a limit but I do believe the drop rate is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Fro my understanding you were only suppose to be able to get a few orbs. I couldn't even tell you were i read this so don't hold me to it.
    Can buy as many orbs as you like. They are sold by vendors.

Regret drop rate is about on par with scours and alchs in Maps too. Drop rate isn't very low.

Don't think of the game as it is at say, level 30. There is an actual endgame. The game does change as you progress; not just in difficulty but in economics.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-24 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    No...If it is so "bad" why don't YOU show us your apparently awesome coding skills by coding an entire game that works better than PoE?...we'll be waiting
    Not sure why people ever use this argument. That's like saying that no one can get mad when a football player messes up, because he is better than them. No one can critique a book, because that writer is better than anyone. No one can...etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the code is fine, it's just that your argument is awful.

ANYWAY, thanks a bunch for this thread, guys. It's been a great help for me trying to sort out the plethora of information about this game, and I hope to see you all in game. :-)

Hi, I just started PoE and make witch. I dont wanna mess my character at start so can anyone give some sugestion about "working" witch builds?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Not sure why people ever use this argument. That's like saying that no one can get mad when a football player messes up, because he is better than them. No one can critique a book, because that writer is better than anyone. No one can...etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the code is fine, it's just that your argument is awful.

ANYWAY, thanks a bunch for this thread, guys. It's been a great help for me trying to sort out the plethora of information about this game, and I hope to see you all in game. :-)
    Sorry ...but what the fuck are you on?

That was in response to someone trying to rip on the coding with ZERO explanation as to what was 'wrong' with it...the coding for PoE was done by One guy...1.
    If he is going to try say the coding is bad then i'd like to see an explination and proof rather than just the coding is bad or teribad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Hi, I just started PoE and make witch. I dont wanna mess my character at start so can anyone give some sugestion about "working" witch builds?
    Don't play a Witch.

Witch is the weakest starting class. Rivaled only by Duelist and Shadow. Yet Duelist and Shadow can access other, stronger areas faster and with more aplomb than a Witch. So in almost every regard, a Witch is the poorest starting choice.

Not to mention Witches are usually heavily dependent on expensive gear.

If you want to play "spellcaster" the safer and more economic choice for a new player is either Templar [for more early survival] and Shadow [for more early damage].

There is only 1 instance where playi8ng a Witch is optimal for a new player- summoner build. And even then it is regarded by many and in practiced that a summon Witch is extremely weak up till around level 40. Then they become goddesses.

Many summoner Witches play as a bow or totem build until their main summons & gear come on line.

Don't play a Witch or Marauder if new, bestest advice.

Cold Crit Shadow is a VERY strong spellcaster early to late game in softcore: build link.

You can go hybrid life/ES or full on ES via CI but you need to readjust the build a bit for that. In Hardcore crit is not viable unless using a totem. Though using a totem with the above build doesn't negatively impact it much.

Templar get there more or less the same: build link. Though with a little more early game toughness. Should note that a Templar can switch to full ES much more easily than a Shadow. And does full ES/CI better than a any class in the game.

Templar or Shadow cold crit caster are also very easy and cheap to play. Main skill gems are quest rewards, R/B and G/B gear is easily accessed without a lot stat pinch too. It's just crit and cast speed really. Most of your gear will be defensive stats actually, becasue most of dmg will only be on a few pieces of gear for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Sorry ...but what the fuck are you on?

That was in response to someone trying to rip on the coding with ZERO explanation as to what was 'wrong' with it...the coding for PoE was done by One guy...1.
    If he is going to try say the coding is bad then i'd like to see an explination and proof rather than just the coding is bad or teribad.
    Doesn't mean one has to use arguments that are null and void in response.

Is it me or did the difficulty increase? Even on normal (lvl 11 or so) I really really have to watch out, or I'll die (which I love )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Is it me or did the difficulty increase? Even on normal (lvl 11 or so) I really really have to watch out, or I'll die (which I love )
    Yes, I noticed in mostly on the last boss you have to kill before going to Act II. I had to make several trips to town to replenish my health flasks to finish the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    GGG rebalanced the game to be more difficult overall, yes. The curve is steeper act to act and mode to mode.

Now mobs spawn in larger packs, but some areas are thinner than before. Which means that you can hit a room or area of a map with a high degree of intensity due to the volume of enemies. The side areas not part of the main quest have had their level and difficulty raised significantly as well.

For example, you might run into Fetid Pool and find it like 6 levels higher than it was previously. They did this so that going for the "extras" of side quests was more of a significant risk. But the main path through the game was smoother overall.

All bosses were cranked up and had mechanics added/adjusted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    GGG rebalanced the game to be more difficult overall, yes. The curve is steeper act to act and mode to mode.

Now mobs spawn in larger packs, but some areas are thinner than before. Which means that you can hit a room or area of a map with a high degree of intensity due to the volume of enemies. The side areas not part of the main quest have had their level and difficulty raised significantly as well.

For example, you might run into Fetid Pool and find it like 6 levels higher than it was previously. They did this so that going for the "extras" of side quests was more of a significant risk. But the main path through the game was smoother overall.

All bosses were cranked up and had mechanics added/adjusted too.
    I can vouche for the Fetid pool thing. Just hit cruel lvl 35. Went on questing go to that one went in there and died like 5 times (didn't realize it was a lvl39 zone!) while the zone before it was 34 xD

PS if you have problems with those charging dog things the necro summons, drag the necro away from their corpses (learned this the hard way)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God I forgot how slow this game is when your low level I lost my beta account awhile ago after finishing D3 haha

Deleted
    Witch is rather weak at low levels?

I just started playing her like 7 hours ago or so, I'm around level 23 or something, can't remember now, but so far, the only problem I've had was with Act 1's last boss, rest has been rather okay and easy to deal with. Only trouble I'm having in Act 2 so far is those nasty mage skeletons that use a ton of electric sparkles.

This is normal mode btw, not hardcore.

I kinda have some experience in rpg(I played TL 1/2) but I don't know if that has any impact on my gameplay, either way, I think Witch is rather fine, atleast for me.

As for her talent trees, I've went something really odd lol.

This is the build I've been doing so far: build.

It's pretty shitty tbh, I've been doing that so I could get my minions to explode every time they died, both skeletons and zombies, got no specters, no idea how to get those atm.

Since I'm going to keep going with the same build, this is what I plan on having when I hit level 50.

Level 50 build

The last part is rather okay I believe but I think the points that go till the Minion Instability, I mean, from the Frost Walker till the Minion Instability are kinda bad, but meh.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question! Skill gems and so on are only avilable from drops/quests yeah?

So if you're after something specific you need to hit the trade?

Downloaded the client after our raid last night, figured I'd test it out for a few minutes, then suddenly 7 AM ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Question! Skill gems and so on are only avilable from drops/quests yeah?

So if you're after something specific you need to hit the trade?

Downloaded the client after our raid last night, figured I'd test it out for a few minutes, then suddenly 7 AM ._.

Yeah, drops or quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Witch is rather weak at low levels?
    Correct. Statistically, they are the weakest in early [1-30] to mid [31-60] levels. Late game Witches are absolute powerhouses though.

Don't mistake weak for "unplayable". Weak is just that, a weaker choice. One can succeed as anything. It's how you get there that is the fine line.

As for her talent trees, I've went something really odd lol.
    I played a minion Witch in hardcore up to level 71. Died. But continued on to level 76, iirc, by the last day.

Was able to solo every endgame Map, any mods sans blood magic up to level 68.

My core build was: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...0Qf8ae1YGydVgb

@ level 60. The new chaos resist talents didn't exist at the time. Once the core build is filled you are free to spec into ANY element or alternate path you like; more defense, physical dps wand, elemental wands, full support, melee summoner, knife & fork, dual totem, frost totems, wand totems, etc. Anything works after the core is filled out.

I personally used lightning + max cast speed as it was the highest elemental damage possible at the time. However, I did respec the build a few times to see if it worked with wands [both elemental and physical], cold damage and dual totems. No difficulty with any combination in solo or group endgame play.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Only trouble I'm having in Act 2 so far is those nasty mage skeletons that use a ton of electric sparkles.
    Look over your resists, makes a huge difference.

I don't know why the announcements of hardcore deaths on the ladder are so exciting.

A few of the top ladder players died this evening. Including the #1 guy on the ladder who died liked 15 mins ago. It was thrilling! lol

I don't know why the announcements of hardcore deaths on the ladder are so exciting.

A few of the top ladder players died this evening. Including the #1 guy on the ladder who died liked 15 mins ago. It was thrilling! lol
    It does add a bit of flavor to it. =)

Only 6 levels to go before I'm back on track.

Deleted
    Maybe because of Kripparian. During alpha there was " A whole week race " and hardcore ladder have been very competitive til the last hours... many death as well in the last 20 minutes.

Now it's not a race but the spirit remains.