Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Playing us servers as uk-based I have flown out for holidays with 2 female wow players, one in canada and one in the us. Both times I enjoyed a 2 week holiday but nothing more came of it.

Well worth the vacation and experiences however. (I got to experience rain, sun, wind and snow in a single week with canada, and white water rafting in the us)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Drivel
    Ah, nothing else to add other than a thinly veiled jab at my sexual orientation. How quaint.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

I had a 3 year relationship with a girl I met in WoW. She's still very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Rubbish.
    No. It's not that at all. I presume you never met the guy. I want to know why you "cared" so much about him that you took it upon yourself to "Save" him. Most people don't do that sort of thing for no reason.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's not that at all. I presume you never met the guy. I want to know why you "cared" so much about him that you took it upon yourself to "Save" him. Most people don't do that sort of thing for no reason.
    WOW! You've really never seen something bad happening to someone and for a moment put yourself in their shoes and thought "man....if it were me I'd want to know", and then helped them for the sake of helping? That's awful.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Sounds like he was just being decent, from my point of view. To me, it doesn't really matter if he encouraged her to send him pictures or not. The fact that she chose to send them on her own free will is her fault and her fault alone. I would have told the husband too. There's nothing worse than a cheat.

I raided with a girl a couple years ago ans we ended up hooking up and fucking eachothers brain out. She was a school P.E. teacher and was kinda hot but was a total nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    WOW! You've really never seen something bad happening to someone and for a moment put yourself in their shoes and thought "man....if it were me I'd want to know", and then helped them for the sake of helping? That's awful.
    An IRL friend I care about sure. Someone I don't know from a bar of soap in a computer game? no.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

I met a girl I knew in WoW in real life once, she was down in Melbourne for her hen's night I think. But we were just friends of course :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yep. Very next day she told me she had no feelings for me. That's when I decided to quit WoW, and go out outside more. Probably the best thing that has happened to me over the past couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I met a girl through raiding, I never was the type for online relationships but after skyping we gave it a shot. It went as far as a nice hotel resort weekend, but I broke it off after that. She was awkward as hell in person.

Now I'm happily married to someone local, but she's no gamer, and that was about the coolest thing about that WoW chick I dated.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    I'm getting the feeling 3/4 of all stories here are fantasies, mostly playing inside the heads of the posters. o.O Big talk on the interwebz.

As for me, no. Haven't met a girl that plays wow. Ever.

One of my guildies is on a business trip and headed past my state on the way to where she needs to be, so I am meeting up with her this Saturday actually haha. We have talked for a while as friends and I invited her to dinner to meet and just chill for a while.

More than once, infact I had 2 long lasting relationships out of it.
    One lasted a year but I then broke it off because I could not see myself grow old with her.
    One lasted four years, lived together for three of those years, she turned out to have bipolar and went psycho one day out of nowhere.
    Later found out she did a whole bunch of messed up things in the years we were together that I did not know about.

Come to think of it, I've met 6 women from WoW and all 6 had some mental issues, bipolar and daddy issues being the most common one.
    Even the ones I haven't met myself but others have instead also tend to have a few screws loose.

Now I don't want to say all women who play WoW are crazy, but there's no denying that there's a large group of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I'm getting the feeling 3/4 of all stories here are fantasies, mostly playing inside the heads of the posters. o.O Big talk on the interwebz.

As for me, no. Haven't met a girl that plays wow. Ever.
    It probably happens more than you think, but I'm sure some stories are embellished a bit.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Opposite for me, I was pursued. She was pretty hot though so I gladly participated in sexual intercourse.

Well a couple of things.

I was once a GM of a raidingguild. And thus it seems that people in positions of power (imagined or not) have a special attraction to some people. So from what I know atleast 3 girls wanted to be with me. Not for who I was but what I was in WoW. Rediculous. And obviously I got pictures of those girls and only 1 of hem looked kinda normal or decent enough.

One time I did meet a girl that was interesting enough to me and I fel for her really quick. Had a lot of fun and met in RL. She was very sweet to me but after a few weeks I just saw so many things that I didn't like or were red flags to me (so my rosetinted glasses came off I guess) that we broke up. She is a nice person still ofc, but I am very happy not to be with her anymore. It wouldn't have ended well if we continued.

That said, almost all WoW girls that I have met be it in real life or ingame, were almost always (sorry wow girls) f*cked up BIGTIME.
    paranoid
    very very lowselfesteem
    a desperate need to do better then any guy
    a tease and nothing more
    borderline
    has a depression

Now I am not saying all guys are sane. But if I look where any drama started in my guild, it usually (and we had very little drama) started with a girl. We almost never invited girls either, just for that reason unless it would seem that this wouldn't happen - but eventually it would with the exception of 3 of 7 years of recruitment. They almost never passed the trial either.

Again I am not saying that girls are worse or anything. It is just that girls in general didn't mesh wel with my guild appearantly. My guild was a server first guild ranked around 350-750. I hear girls do extremely well in casual guilds. And exceptions are there in the more hardcore/higher progression guilds I guess.

That said I don't hate girls at all. And I believe them to be equal to the task to play games as guys are. Hell I am in a serious relationship with a girl that can do extremely well in strategy games (she doesn't touch wow with a 10f. pole though)
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-01-25 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    My moms friend found her current husband that way... I'm probably just stereotyping... but if most guys who play this game are fat, then that makes me inclined to believe that most girls who play are fat as well... I like fitness and well... there's not much of my kind in WoW... trust me, I've seen enough chicks in WoW to know you're better off just recognizing them by their voice or ingame name... I don't want to know what behemoth lies on the other side of that mic.
    a mirror image of you maybe, or are you the only male who plays who is fit?

Deleted
    Yes. I met the girl that I live with now in WoW. She was in my guild (I was the GM) and we are really happy together (at least I am).

We dont play WoW anymore, but we will be forever grateful to WoW (and Blizzard) that we found each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    that you really liked and ended up pursuing her or meeting her irl?
    Actually, it didn't work exactly that way for me.
    I knew the girl who is now my girlfriend, but I never pursued her, because that shit is fucking creepy online. She just talked me to now and then, but I never talked in that way.
    However, we had a large guild meet and she told me she liked me for a while, and we got drunk and magic happened. Infact, if I hadn't picked her up from the airport, maybe things would be different. I was driving to London anyway, and I thought it'd be nice to help out.
    That was 2.5 years ago, and we're still together, even though she lives in a different country, we see each other each month (Ryanair's best customers, no doubt, especially since there is NO reasonable alternative route than using them) and talk on Skype every single day.

Then again, our guild was known for being full of women. We even had a large piece written about our guild in The Times (a national newspaper in the UK) a few years back.

Oh, we don't play WoW any longer, I haven't played for years. We do play Guild Wars 2 occasionally, though..
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2013-01-25 at 09:51 AM.