Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Borders really meant something in the centuries leading up to now but I have to agree it not as big as a factor as before. With time/tech that gap closes even more.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Personally I think the most likely scenario if N Korea actually acted would go as follows:

-N Korea fires something at us.
    -We shoot it down, or it fails to reach us due to being made in N Korea, or maybe it even reaches us and a costal city gets wiped out.
    -We load up everything we have, boats, planes, subs, everything, and set off to plant a starry flag in the middle of Pyongyang.
    -China annexes North Korea.

There is absolutely no way China lets us attack its neighbor, because they know we'd replace it with a government friendly to us. They won't allow a current ally to be turned into a surrogate for the US from which we can spy on them.
    China hasn't exactly been pleased with how N Korea is handling itself the past few years. I think if they were to attack, China probably would not support them militarily or economically, either. Probably would give a warning to the US if we had any thoughts of occupying for a while.

Deleted
    I would really love to see Obama just say "Come at us bro"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post

-N Korea fires something at us.
    -We shoot it down, or it fails to reach us due to being made in N Korea, or maybe it even reaches us and a costal city gets wiped out.
    -We load up everything we have, boats, planes, subs, everything, and set off to plant a starry flag in the middle of Pyongyang.
    -China annexes North Korea.
    I'd add:
    - Nato takes no resolutions and keep monitorized the situation, since it's in the rights of a sovreign state to do nuclear tests. If tests remain tests they are doing nothing against international statements.

Deleted
    You have to be completely insane/warmonger to think the People's Republic would simply attack the U.S out of no where.

And to even imagine possible case scenarios as you would do while driving to your new date from plentyoffish.com... it's just laughable. Knowing both sides of this "imaginable" war, I would park my ass in Pyongyang, safest place in the world if the U.S decided to attack the People's Republic. How do I know this? I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedHands View Post
    I'd add:
    - Nato takes no resolutions and keep monitorized the situation, since it's in the rights of a sovreign state to do nuclear tests. If tests remain tests they are doing nothing against international statements.
    Replace NATO with an organization that is pretty much pointless anymore: The UN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why the world wouldn't accept China taking over North Korea. Seems like having China in power there would be vastly preferable to having North Korea in power there.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

pretty soon we will nuke north korea off of this planet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacebwithu View Post
    pretty soon we will nuke north korea off of this planet
    Your name is pretty ironic. Why would we want to "nuke north korea off of this planet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I would really love to see Obama just say "Come at us bro"
    I think he is limited to using Jay-Z lyrics.

So it will be something like "I'm pimping you hos"
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Your name is pretty ironic. Why would we want to "nuke north korea off of this planet?"
    bc they are a danger to the world.

crazy commies want to nuke the US, so we should kill them all

seems pretty simple lol, not sure where the argument is in this one

/thread

I'm not sure I understand why NK wants to conduct nuclear tests. I mean correct me if I am wrong but the last time someone detonated a nuclear warhead for tests was back in the 60's/70's correct? And it hasn't been done since, as it proved devastating to the environment.

I'm pretty sure they a bluffing but if they are stupid enough to test a nuclear weapon or fire one at us, no matter if its shot down or not, I wouldn't be to terribly surprised if we did go to war with them. I wouldn't be surprised if they follow through with their newest threat of saying if SK par-takes in the sanctions it would use physical force to take out the "traitors".

In a way I almost feel like NK is trolling everyone. They are a nuisance, there to aggravate everyone that they can. Get everyone in an uproar then back down and disappear for awhile.

I feel sorry for the people of NK as they have no idea, and it would almost be worth shutting NK up for good because of their antics and free the people. Of course though, we would never leave as it would seem.

Deleted
    Didn't read 30 pages but I find the whole idea funny.

At same time we watch lot of documentaries(some that are actually legit too) how North Korea is full of poor people, kids are being used as workers and brainwashed(gasp), having no money or resources at all and that their houses are literally un-usable and not being made.

...then we get this war propaganda how North Korea is super-power and will do next nuclear war and is huge threat to US and other countries. They cant even support their people without war or have enough resources, they wouldnt have enough WITH war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Didn't read 30 pages but I find the whole idea funny.

At same time we watch lot of documentaries(some that are actually legit too) how North Korea is full of poor people, kids are being used as workers and brainwashed(gasp), having no money or resources at all and that their houses are literally un-usable and not being made.
    They're a little 1984 in our own world.

...then we get this war propaganda how North Korea is super-power and will do next nuclear war and is huge threat to US and other countries. They cant even support their people without war or have enough resources, they wouldnt have enough WITH war.
    Though I'm sure north Korea isn't actually too keen on provoking the most powerful military in the world for non-existent reasons, I suppose it's worth noting that they haven't been too worried about supporting their peoole thus far...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They're a little 1984 in our own world.

Though I'm sure north Korea isn't actually too keen on provoking the most powerful military in the world for non-existent reasons, I suppose it's worth noting that they haven't been too worried about supporting their peoole thus far...

From what I do understand of NK they don't give a shit about their people. They work more on their military than working on their people not starving to death. They throw you in jail for minor crimes and torture you for really no good reasons for the rest of your life.

10+ Year Old Account

/thread
    The argument is that you're assigning the attitudes of a tiny minority in the country to the whole, and deciding to nuke millions of people who probably don't give two damns about the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Haven't seen anyone claim North Korea is a super power. Having the ability to fire off a nuke does not make you a super power, but it does make you dangerous. It's like saying a kid with a gun isn't dangerous because he's not a Navy Seal or some such.

Also, being unable to afford a war has rarely been a preventative measure to many countries. The US can't afford to conduct wars as we do, but we do it anyway. Being an obviously stupid decision does not mean it's one they won't make.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

/thread
    And I have a desire to punch certain people in the face, it doesn't mean I should be arrested. Thoughts and actions are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I think he is limited to using Jay-Z lyrics.

So it will be something like "I'm pimping you hos"

/Datsracistkidmeme

OT : HK is the loud annoying kid in class, thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread (that he "invented"), but a single threat of real action against them and they will shut up.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    (...) millions of people who probably don't give two damns about the US.
    Of course they don't, pretty sure there are millions of people there who don't even know what "US" are.